“Lots of Extra Charges” 4 of 5 stars

Omni Jacksonville Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   245 Water St., Jacksonville, FL 32202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #20 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Lots of Extra Charges”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The hotel itself was great. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and I was happy with the location of the hotel. However, there were many extra charges that were annoying. Parking costs $20/night to valet, $12/night to self-park, wifi is $10/night, and they even charge you for a bottle of water.

This is my only complaint about the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I spent 5 nights at the Omni Jacksonville Hotel during the Jazz Festival this year, and it was an excellent stay. Very comfortable, well appointed, and the service was exceptional. The only reason I didn't give the property 5 stars was because of the parking: It's expensive ($20/day valet, $12/day self-park). I just couldn't afford that, so I ended up parking at a meter, which was free over the weekend, and paying at a paved lot across from the property for $10/day for a few nights. But the room was very, very comfortable. I was in a spacious suite, and ended up signing up for the Omni Select program, which offered free internet and 2 free beverages per day! It was worth it, as I was on a business stay. If you'll be staying for a while, request a refrigerator and microwave. They are available for a small fee, I think. Mine was complimentary, for a few days.

Room Tip: Views are not great, since you're in the middle of downtown, but if you can get a river view, it...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Well run at every aspect. I stayed here for two nights while in town for work at the USA Soccer match this past weekend. The staff was very accommodating and we're able to meet our needs. Tip - if you haven't yet sign up for their guest loyalty program. That will get you free wi-fi, a complimentary beverage, turn-down service and you can put down your preferences for a room (for me, I like a high floor away from the elevator, and that's exactly what I got). The location is top notch, just feet from the Jacksonville Landing with tons of restaurants and bars and most rooms have a view of the river. Parking is steep, but I've found it's that way at most downtown hotels in Jacksonville and the valet staff are prompt and very courteous. I would definitely stay here again, without hesitation.

Fort Myers, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Your staff has the best Customer Service skills I have found in a long time. The location was perfect for the Business I needed to attend. I did not eat at the hotel as it was very pricey and I missed having a refrigerator in the room. But overall experience I would stay their again. All the staff was friendly and helpful it made the stay extra special.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the service you experienced while staying at the Omni Jacksonville. It was our pleasure to provide you with a great stay and we hope you will return soon.
Jacksonville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Overall my stay was every enjoyable and staff was very accommodating. Encounters with front desk and valet were very pleasant. Valet was on top of everything and I did not have to wait for any requests made. My only problem with stay was in the bar. One female and one male bartender both were not very friendly and made me feel as if I was imposing on them.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback. While we are delighted that overall you had a great stay, we are disappointed to read that you did not feel more welcomed in the bar. We will share your feedback with our bartenders and hope we will have a future opportunity to welcome you back.
saint petersburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

their is little to no free parking, no discounts for guests that are working in area ,for utilities company. cant recieve a room request for water side. omni will not refund parking fees. no hotel transportation, other than a taxi.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Picked this higher star rated hotel as did not want one closer to airport. Not easy to find in middle of night - entrance not easy to see from street. Covered parking lot easier to get to at $12.00/nt versus lot next to hotel $10.00/nt (not a lot of room to make u-turn in larger SUV). Would not stay here again - too hard to find, not great location, overall not impressed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for any difficulty you had locating our hotel. As with any downtown area, directions can be confusing. We've done our best to provide detailed instructions on our website. Parking is also very limited in our downtown location and is only available for a fee. We do our best to maintain competitive rates and communicate these fees to our guests prior to arrival. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope that the future will give us an opportunity to welcome you back.

Been to Omni Jacksonville Hotel? Share your experiences!