“Great staff. Great rates (at least on Easter night), best of downtown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Jacksonville Hotel

You added Omni Jacksonville Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Jacksonville Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   245 Water St., Jacksonville, FL 32202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #11 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great staff. Great rates (at least on Easter night), best of downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We got the room for 80 $ Valet was 20. Reg parking was around 14. If you are looking to save there is a self park very near the hotel for the 14. Carry your own bags and save on tips. The hotel has 10 $ wifi and $$$ breakfast. The lobby bar was good. My wife had 3 glasses of wine and we played table shuffleboard for an hour. Most of the 15-20 people staying there that night were in there. I agree with the review after me. Jacksonville is a ghost town. You can tell they put a lot of money into it and have tried hard to make it look nice. There is just very little to do and I wonder where the people are located. It reminds me of Charlotte. It has no soul and empties on the weekend. We left on a Monday morning and the town was still kinda hollow. Upside is there was very little traffic. The Omni was the best hotel of downtown. It has an 80s look but didn't have a tube tv and had good channel selection. Room was fairly nice. The hyatt and crown plaza looked more dated. Jacksonville looks like a city that was all built at once 30 years ago that has room for 10x more guest and 5x more population. Its kinda sad really. Hopefully we just caught it on a slow weekend. Its telling the highest rated hotel on trip advisor for jacksonville is a hampton inn.

• Stayed April 2013
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all of your kind words about our hotel but regret that you didn't have a better experience in our city. If you do return, we encourage you to speak with our concierge who can help direct you to some of the best places in Jacksonville to visit. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I booked a long weekend to Jacksonville for the Maroon 5 concert and thought that we would have a good experience with Omni because if their excellent reputation. All I can say is that I'm unimpressed! We have been here for 3 days and have one more night to stay. Our room hasn't yet been cleaned and we have had to request new towels and sheets multiple times.. They finally came last night after the 3rd call to the front desk. The walls are also paper thin, don't think you will be getting a good night sleep, it won't happen! Nothing is included at this hotel, parking 20 per day, wifi, breakfast that is 18 for a buffet or you can get a 6 cup of coffee and fruit plate for 9. That's just ridiculous! Do your homework if you've never been to Jacksonville before.. Don't stay downtown! It's a ghost town with nothing to do. Take a trip to the beach or another nearby district and don't waste your money at the omni!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your business and comments, thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention.
We have in our records that we honored your request for no service and adhered to the Do Not Disturb sign on your door. The staff then serviced your guest room at 6pm per your request. I do apologize that our staff did not inform you of our Select Guest program. It is free of charge and gives us the opportunity to learn about your preferences for anything related to your stay, type of pillows, specific time you would like your room cleaned, etc. The program includes many complimentary items such as wireless internet, morning beverage service delivered to your guest room, including coffee, selection of juices, etc. It includes free pressing of two items on the day of your arrival and it also includes a complimentary shoe shine. The program also rewards you for staying with Omni earning complimentary stays. The downtown Jacksonville offers many options for entertainment, especially along the river walk. Please stop by and see our Concierge or front office staff who can provide many options and details
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Omni in Jacksonville FL for 3 days. I was in town for a concert and wanted a hotel close to the venue. When we checked in on Friday night, the front desk staff was very friendly and even chatted with me about the concert I would be seeing. Our room was nice and clean. The hotel bar was great with an very friendly staff and a good time was had by all of us. The pool was clean and clear. I enjoyed my stay very much. The only hiccup was I was charged twice for my room which I had booked through hotels.com. I called the hotel and within a matter of minutes I was refunded the entire charge including the charge for Valet. I was impressed with the gesture and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
It was a pleasure for us to read how much you enjoyed your time at the Omni Jacksonville Hotel. We are glad you found the location to be convenient to the concert you were attending and the associates to be friendly and helpful. If you return to Jacksonville, we hope you will once again consider staying at our hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My family and I traveled from NYC to Jacksonville, Florida for a destination wedding. The Omni was a little pricey, but worth the stay. I complained of my bottom lock not working and they upgraded me to a room with a panoramic view and a sitting area. I was too happy to accept!! :) The valet parking was $20 a day with (in and out) privileges all day. You could call valet ahead of time to bring your car without a wait. Really great!!

Overall, the food, service and rooms were great. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We are delighted to read that you had a great stay at the Omni Jacksonville. Thank you for allowing us read about your experience and we hope you will return soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel had some negative review so I was a little apprehensive. This is unnecessary. The Omni Jacksonville is located directly across the street from Jacksonville Landing which is full of restaurants and music and an amazing view, right on the river. The hotel itself is nice. Above average. I wouldn't give this a four star rating because the rooms are in need of an update. The carpet is musty, the bedding is out dated, and the bath room needs a revamp. However, it was very clean, and not bad. There was nothing BAD about this hotel, it just needs an update. I do think we were on a fomer smoking floor because I could definitely smell smoke in our room but it wasn't enough to be bothered. The lobby was very nice, lots of comfortable seating. I did not eat at the hotel but I saw the breakfast buffet and it looked good. I got a priceline deal and paid 85 bucks for a Thursday night and I can't think of anything I would complain about. If you can, get a room on the river side. The view is amazing. Also, check in/out was so easy. The desk agent was so nice and helpful. I really felt welcomed even though I am sure I looked scary after driving for 11 hours.

Room Tip: Get the river side so you can see Jacksonville Landing and the river. Valet is $20 which is high.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are glad that upon arrival at the Omni Jacksonville any concerns you may have had were put to rest. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your time with us and our great location and we hope to have you stay with us again soon.
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. Enjoyed the room, very quiet. Good bar service with polite servers. Within walking distance to some reasonably priced restaurants. I didn't take advantage of the nearby water taxi to cross the river for other restaurants, but heard it all worked fairly from others. Overall positive experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We are glad you had a positive experience at the Omni Jacksonville. Thank you for your compliments of our hotel and our servers. If you return to Jacksonville we hope you will once again consider staying with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Picked up on Priceline for $79. Stayed three nights. Best workout room ever. Good pool. Central to many things downtown. Valet $20 a day. Staff nice. Good experience all around as the biggest issue with Priceline/hotels.com. Is how they rate them. This is 4 star.

• Stayed March 2013
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We are delighted that you had a true 4 star experience at the Omni Jacksonville. Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Been to Omni Jacksonville Hotel? Share your experiences!