“GREAT Value if you get it through Priceline!” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Jacksonville Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   245 Water St., Jacksonville, FL 32202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #11 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Metro Atlanta
“GREAT Value if you get it through Priceline!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

I needed a place in Jax for one night on business, so I booked this the day I was to arrive on Priceline. I bid $60 on a 3-Star and got the Omni.
I got there late at night, but check-in was a breeze, and the romo was fabulous. It was starting to show just a little age, but properties in this price range are always kind of over the top on furniture and appointments, so it was hardly noticeable.
Very comfortable room, very very comfortable bed, and excellent all around.

• Liked — great downtown location, great value
  • Disliked — parking is $10 a day, and if you're pulling a trailer, make sure you can get it in the parking deck!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2008
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Omni Jacksonville. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you return on your next trip to Jacksonville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

Wonderful hotel. I cannot speak enough about this hotel. Located in a nice area - within walking distance to The Landings. Everything perfect from check in to check out.

The room:
Spacious. Wonderful turndown service. Nice linens, towels, and robe. Lots of space in the room and very, spacious. Comfortable chairs and other amenities. The hotel had my yoga kit in the room waiting for me!

Turndown was great. Each night had a chocolate and a forecast on my pillow.

Only issue - if you do not have wireless on your computer, you will need to get a ethernet cable. The hotel doesn't have a lot of them available. But, if you let them know, they will put one on hold for you.

The hotel restaurant is very nice. Dinner was wonderful and the staff was very pleasant.

Will make a point to stay here on my next visit.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Lack of wired internet access
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
The Management of the Omni Jacksonville is delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay at our property. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback online and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

I haven't been to this Omni in a number of years, and was pleasantly surprised by the upgraded look and feel of the property. I was promptly greeted as I pulled up to the hotel, and was immediately helped to the front desk and was on my way to my room within seconds (I belong to their frequent guest program).

My room was great - loved the muted, rich colors of the room decor. I had a fabulous view of the river - rooms ending with "33" face the Main Street Bridge and the Landing and provide a really nice view.

Everything seemed very current and in great condition, and I felt really comfortable in the room.

The Bell staff is excellent - I passed them several times throughout my stay and everyone was always friendly and had helpful advice.

There is nightly turn down service. I only ordered room service once, and the food was acceptable. I dined in the restaurant and the food was good there.

The Landing is across the street, which provides a number of additional dining options.

The hotel is located Downtown, so you might feel a bit cut off from things if your activities are not located downtown. I was there attending a music event at Jacoby Hall, so it was perfect for me.

All in all, a great experience.

• Liked — Location (convenient for event I was attending), decor, service
  • Disliked — Downtown location can be a bit isolating (worked for me since my event was downtown)
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2008

I had a great stay at the Omni. The room was wonderful. I belong to their rewards program and must say that it is worth it. I received turndown service daily along with a free hot/cold beverage each morning. They offer in room workouts, with a printout of exercises, yoga mat, and light weights for no charge. Each evening, I would come back to the room with a nice note and the forecast for the next day on my pillow.

The bed was extremely comfortable with extra pillows and a nice down comforter. The desk was roomy enough for a laptop and a few binders.

The bathroom was spacious and had a lot of counter space.

The staff was very nice and friendly. From the valet, to the doormen, front desk, and housekeeping staff; they make the Omni a nice place to stay for a week.

My only issue:

My only concern is that I don't have wireless internet. I had to wait to get a router brought to my room. I tried a few routers, but they didn't work. So, if you are staying there and don't have wireless, I wouldn't reccommend bringing your computer. The business center is tucked away on the 2nd floor. You can print off your boarding pass for free, but need a credit card to access the internet for 15 minute intervals. Also, in order to make copies, you have to pay via credit card first. So, the long story of it is: make copies and use the computer before coming back to the hotel.

None of this will make me think twice about coming back. It is located right across from the Landings and close to the highways. I love this hotel!

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — Computer access
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

My fiancé and I stayed here for a night as it was his 30th birthday. I won a free night stay as a door prize from a function I attended. So, I was pretty pleased that I'd get to spoil my fiancé for a bit!

CHECK-IN/VALET
Very fast, and very polite. The only problem was that the two keys did not work when we got to our room. One phone call to the desk, and someone was up to our door with a new key. Valet was also quick to get our car on our departure.

ROOM
Nice room, but a tad dark/dismal, and very masculine. Everything was clean, bathroom was nice, etc. The only complaint I had was the bed. Both my fiancé and I woke up several times during the night, and in the morning, with our backs killing us! The bed was not very good at all! I requested a river view, and we got the free upgrade because the hotel was not busy at all.

FOOD
I paid for the romance package upgrade, which includes dinner for two at Juliette's, and then champagne/chocolate strawberries later. We walked into the restaurant at about 7:45pm, and were sat in the BAR! I was trying to have a romantic dinner with my fiancé, and this was not what I wanted. So, we asked to move to a corner away from everyone, and that was done, no problem (still in the bar though). The food was only about 3 star or so. I've had the same or better in the buffet at an All Inclusive. I also noted that they don't do a very good job of dusting the bar area, the wood was VERY dusty (more than just a week or so of dust), and I could even see it in the dim light! I was also annoyed at the music, there was a live band, and they were playing music through the bar speakers. They needed to do one or the other! It was definitely not a romantic dinner, or at least not in my opinion of what one is. We always make the best of things, and still enjoyed ourselves though. The servers were very nice, so that helped.

When we got back up to our room, the champagne was waiting for us on ice with two flutes. There were 4 chocolate covered strawberries, I wish there had been more. They also left a rose on the bed, which was nice!

Breakfast was very yummy, but then breakfast is a bit harder to mess up. We went to Juliette's again as the free room I won included breakfast here as well. Also, our server was very nice too.

SUMMARY
Basically, I was happy with our stay, and my fiancé enjoyed his birthday. I would not have been happy if I had to pay the full rates though. I do not see how this hotel is a "four-diamond luxury hotel" (quoted from their website). Maybe they haven't been reviewed lately?

• Liked — The nice view, and the service.
  • Disliked — The bed, and the food.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

We stayed here December 31 and January 1 during the second leg of a trip to Jacksonville for the Gator Bowl. Picked this property in part based on reviews on this website. Guests included self, spouse, kids ages 8, 7 and 4, and parents (age 70+).

This was a pretty nice Omni property, seemingly geared to more of a business crowd than was typical of the Gator Bowl headquarters hotel into which it morphed for the New Year's weekend. The rooms and other areas of the hotel were clean and comfortable, as one would expect from a property like this. Far and away the hotel's greatest asset, however, was it's location right in the center of all of the bowl game and New Year's festivities. We enjoyed watching the Gator Bowl parade and the spectacular New Year's Eve fireworks display over the St. Johns river from the hotel's rooftop pool area.

Check-in process, bell service and in particular information about downtown transportation options was borderline shoddy to non-existent. I expected a bit more for the price, although it was clear that they were pretty busy.

All in all a good stay, but if we head to Jacksonville for the Gator Bowl again in the future, we'll stay at one of the beach properties and drive into downtown (30 minutes) for the festivities and the game.

• Liked — Proximity to the action
  • Disliked — Not-so-great service for the price paid
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NE Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

Just returned from a quick getaway to the Omni Jacksonville and overall we had a nice, comfortable stay. The hotel is connected to an office building but you would not know it immediately if entering from the main entrance. The lobby and other common areas are bright and decorated nicely.

Check in was a breeze! Not long after our arrival, we received a knock on our door. It was a staff member with chocolates and a bottled water to welcome us (I think it's part of their Omni Select Guest program). Strange that they only brought 1 bottle of water since it was two of us, but we appreciated it all the same. The rooms feature heavy dark furniture with lovely bedding. The bathroom is very narrow but a typical size for a standard room.

Although we had an issue with the room, management handled it promptly and even sent a follow up email with an apology.

If self-parking, the rate is $14 per day and $15 for valet. We went for the valet.

Our only real complaint was breakfast in the hotel's restaurant. They feature a breakfast buffet for $14.50 per person, which is a deal, or you can order selections from the menu. Maybe we showed up too late for breakfast (it runs from 6:30A-10:30A during the week; we arrived at 9:45A) but some items weren't as good as we expected. For example, the french toast was hard and the sliced ham was dried out. When our server checked on us, he quickly offered to have the kitchen prepare a fresh order. Yummy!

Please remember to use your "do not disturb" sign. On the morning of check out, 4 different people knocked on our door between 8:30a and 11:45a! Annoying but I blame myself for not setting our sign out.

Despite a few negatives, overall we had a nice time at the Omni. Located across the street from restaurants and shopping, I would recommend this hotel for anyone who has meetings downtown, or want to be in the center of town (i.e. FL vs. GA game, conferences, Jazz Festival, etc.). Downtown is pretty quiet, especially on Sundays so don't expect a happening area.

We'll be back.

Stayed September 2007

Been to Omni Jacksonville Hotel? Share your experiences!