“Great place and great team members” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Jacksonville Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   245 Water St., Jacksonville, FL 32202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #20 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great place and great team members”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed one night at the hotel and found the room clean and comfortable. The front desk staff were friendly, helpful. The car valet team were really prompt, polite and helpful-firt class. My best experience was at breakfast the Juliette team were attentive so early in the morning, they brought out some fresh berry juice compliments of the chef (just the little things) and explained what were in it. The breakfast buffet was excellent, bravo for the gluten free items first time I tried the bread and I was surprised. I really liked the homemade jams/jellies/ cream cheese and if they sold them I would buy them to take home. This was the second time I had ever stayed at the Omni brand-- it's time to take this brand global it cam compete with Hilton's and Marriotts.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We were thrilled to read you had such a great experience at the Omni Jacksonville. Thank you for taking the time to share all of your compliments on TripAdvisor and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was in Jacksonville on business and stayed at Omni. I got there relatively late and was only there one night so I didn't have a chance to try many of the amenities. It wasn't a bad stay, it just wasn't quite what I expected from a 4-star hotel.

Pluses: The room was adequate. Bed was comfortable. The breakfast buffet was good, tasty, plentiful and healthy and the server even offered me a to-go cup so I could bring additional coffee with me.

Minuses: If you self-park, the garage has signs that you must park on the 8th floor or above (it's only got 10 floors) and it's not clear how to exit the garage on foot. The towels were very rough and seem quite worn-out. I could hear noises in my room (which others also seem to complain about) but I couldn't tell where they were coming from.

I didn't even try to use the wi-fi as I suspected there would be a charge. As a response to some others who were disappointed that they were charged for it, I too travel a fair bit and I find "nicer" hotels generally do nickel and dime such things more than ones in the 3-star range. (I've never understood why, frankly, as I would think the price I pay for the room would cover such an insignificant cost as wi-fi.)

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing both your positive and constructive feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad you had a good stay but regret that you found parking and the towels to be lacking. We will share your comments with our management team as we determine future enhancements that are needed. If you do return to our hotel or any other Omni Hotel, please know that you can sign up for our complimentary Select Guest program to receive wireless internet at no charge along with many other valuable perks. Thank you again and we hope you will consider staying with us again soon.
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed at the Omni Hotel August 20th, 2012, for a business trip. My 2 favorite things were the wonderful assistance and
courtesy provided by the front desk clerk, and the clean, beautiful room and well maintained.

When I inquired about taxi reservations, Very friendly front desk clerk suggested I use the car service
provided by Skyline Shuttles, 904-900-2725 ( www.skylineshuttles.com ) This was a terrific suggestion.
All they cars are super clean and driver was always there at the appointed time. The price was no more
than a taxi, and much, much cleaner and comfortable. Front desk clerk provided me with the names of
several good local restaurants and was always fun to talk to.

I LOVED(!) The room was nicely sized, quiet, and convenient to the elevators.

I'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We enjoyed reading your complimentary review of the Omni Jacksonville Hotel. We are thrilled that our staff provided you with great suggestions for transportation and dining. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Jacksonville.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for two nights for labor day weekend. We checked in on Saturday and checked out Monday. We had a great stay!

Check-In: We valeted our car and went to the desk. There was no line and we checked in very quickly. But we didn't feel rushed. The girl who checked us in was very nice and gave us the info we needed to know. Also, if you have a car! Make sure you valet! The self parking lot charges you everytime you leave and return! We were in and out a lot so it makes sense to do it.

Room: We were in room 1211. When we first arrived it was very dark. I mean really dark. All you have to do it open the curtains and a few lights and it's good. But the curtains are great for nap time! Our room had a partial view of the river and the landing. We could see the fountain and the crown plaza. Our room had 2 beds. They are not queens. They are double. And they barely fit 2 people. So 4 people in the room may be a squeeze. Not by room size though. The rooms are quite large. The rooms also have a chair and a desk area. The closet is large and the bathroom was a nice size. Lots of counter space. They could of easily added an extra sink and still would have lots of room. The shower was nice and you can adjust the pressure which is nice. Overall the room was good except for one thing. The walls are extremely thin! You can hear everything from the room nextdoor and in the hallways! That's my one complaint!

Food: The only food we had was some soup for a quick lunch and breakfast the last morning. The soups were great. We did not room service them though. Try the Brunswick stew! It's really good! For breakfast I got some pancakes. Very light and fluffy! There was a buffet but it was 17 dollars and didn't look that big.

Housekeeping: They are great! They are very nice and our room looked great after they came! We had a little problem because they forgot to get us so we called housekeeping and they sent someone right up. We left for dinner and came back and a bottle of fancy Italian water and a plate of delicious cookies was waiting for us! That really saved them! But we didn't really mind.

Location: The location is great! It's right next to the landing! There's some shops and resturaunts there.

Overall its a great hotel! Not as good as some of the hotels I have stayed at in Orlando. But its a great hotel! I would stay again! And also! Get some if the lemonade in the Lobby! It's great! If you have any questions just ask!

• Stayed September 2012
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We are happy to read that you had a great stay at the Omni Jacksonville and appreciate that you let us know immediately about your housekeeping concern so that we could have the opportunity to resolve it. Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and we hope you will return soon.
Thomasville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was not aware that dogs were allowed here. I am not talking about dogs for medical reasons. A guest had two dogs here on leashes but they were still aggressive dogs, one was a big bulldog. I would not get in the elevator with these dogs either. With my luck, they were on my floor. I waited until the pet owner and his dogs went wildly down the hall before I went to my room. A hotel of this caliber should not allow dogs. That is my opinion. Otherwise, the location is great and the service was good. Another concern is the fire alarm went off and no one evacuated or took it seriously, including the staff. That bothers me. My sister and I followed procedures and used the exit and stairs. No one else did except one other young lady who went down 4 flights of steps with us. I know more than 4 people stayed here. It is a good thing it was not disastrous since others chose to ignore the alarm whether it was a false alarm or not. I'd rather be safe than sorry or dead.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
"Thank you for your sharing your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We are a dog friendly hotel that allows dogs to be with their owners. We apologize if they disrupted your stay in any way. We certainly would ask any of our guests with dogs to have more control if there is ever anything reported to us. Thank you for the information regarding the fire alarm. Our Safety Team meets regularly and reviews our procedures in the scenario of a fire alarm. We have very strict and practiced responsibilities to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. The fire alarm you are referencing was realized not be a threat to our guests and associates almost immediately. We apologize for the associates’ aloof behavior as they should have communicated to you that the alarm was ending and was of no harm. Thank you again for your feedback.
Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Great to walk into a room and find it clean, well upholstered and comfortable with a thoughtful layout, well stocked bathroom, good facilities and relaxing music upon entry via the TV. Great for the price and wonderful location. Also love the morning drinks delivered to your door if you're a member of their loyalty programme.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
We are glad that you found everything you were looking for at the Omni Jacksonville Hotel. Thank you for sharing your compliments on TripAdvisor and we hope for a future opportunity to welcome you back.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Located in downtown Jacksonville a short drive from the airport this hotel is a real gem.

My room was clean and comfortable and while not as well equipped for handling today's electronic needs as Marriott's it was still very good.

Members of the free Select Guest program receive free wi-fi in their rooms plus a complimentary breakfast beverage delivered to the room in the morning. While this is a very nice perk, I do think this is designed more to get guests to order breakfast.

The food in the restaurant was very good led by a pricey, but bountiful breakfast buffet featuring cooked to order eggs, french toast, biscuits and gravy, breakfast potatoes, cold cereal, fruit and yogurt including chobani.

Less than one block away is Jacksonville Landing with shops and restaurants along the water.

If you are a news junkie, then this hotel is perfect as it offers USA Today, Wall Street Journal, New York Times and the local papers are all complimentary.

The staff is friendly and efficient and provided one of the best hotel experiences that I have had in a very long time.

If you are traveling to Jacksonville, this hotel is an excellent choice and I don't say that lightly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for your generous recommendation of the Omni Jacksonvile. We are thrilled that you had such a great experience. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again soon.

Been to Omni Jacksonville Hotel? Share your experiences!