“Very nice hotel, great location” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Jacksonville Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   245 Water St., Jacksonville, FL 32202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #20 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Miami, Florida
“Very nice hotel, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed here for one night to see a concert at the Times-Union Center, and I must say I enjoyed my stay very much. I found a very reasonable rate several months before my trip, so that's why I chose to stay here, in addition to the sheer convenience of being directly across the street from the Times-Union Center!

The hotel is very lovely inside, and the rooms are clean and very nicely appointed. My room was in a quiet location, and the bed was comfortable. I rarely sleep well in hotels, but I got a great night's sleep at the Omni. I felt very comfortable and it was QUIET! I couldn't hear the people around me at all. The bathroom was also very nice, complete with the usual amenities such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, mouthwash, etc. in case you forget to pack your own.

If you sign up for the Select Guest program ahead of time (at the free level), you can get free WiFi in your guest room and avoid the usual $9.95 charge. I had done my research on this ahead of time so I enjoyed the free Wifi. It wasn't spotty at all, which I was happy to see. There are other perks to this program, but to be honest I joined for the WiFi.

I had my car with me, and skipped the valet and just parked in the garage. It was $12 to park there for one day/night.

I didn't eat in Juliet's Bistro, but a friend of mine did (who was also staying at the Omni at the same time) and said she had a delicious steak there which was quite good and very tender. We did have some snacks and drinks at the bar which were delicious. The bar area is very nice and comfortable, it looks out on some sort of little garden area.

I ordered room service breakfast in the morning and it was delivered exactly on time and very hot! They have a number of different choices for breakfast (on the room service menu) including continental, "healthy start" (or something) and then a full breakfast with eggs and all of that. Pricey, of course, but it's room service, so what do you expect?

The staff were all friendly and helpful, and the valets were always quick to ask me if I needed help finding any place to go or if I needed a car pulled around.

The location of the Omni is probably the greatest perk, especially if you are seeing a show at the Times-Union Center or want to step over to The Jacksonville Landing for dinner or a walk around. We had dinner over there and then walked to the venue for the show, and it was incredibly convenient to be able to walk barely 10 or so steps right into the hotel after the show was over! That made it so worth it for me!

I will definitely stay here again IF I can get another reasonable rate in the future, especially if I'm seeing a show at the TUC again! I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone coming to the downtown Jacksonville area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you for your generous recommendation of The Omni Jacksonville. We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location across from the Times Union Center and the Jacksonville landing. We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
St. Petersburg, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

My wife has stayed here a few times! She loved it and contrary to what the other person said, Brandon was very helpful to her. We'll both be there for the next 4 days and are looking forward to it!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
We are glad your wife has enjoyed her stays and we appreciate her compliments of Brandon. We hope your next getaway with us exceeded all of your expectations!
Valdosta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

The hubs & I ran in a 5k (26.2 with Donna) and this hotel offered us a promotional special on the room. Excellent location- we walked to the Prime Osborne Center (race headquarters) and to the Landing. Truthfully, though, if I had paid full price for my room I would have been disappointed. The rooms were dated, not modern, the tub didn't drain well, need a manual to figure out the shower knobs- I wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be. Wireless was $10 a day, and valet parking $20. Location, though, was great.

Room Tip: Omni has 16 floors. We were on 15.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
We are sorry to hear that your recent trip to our property did not meet all of your expectations. Your feedback is appreciated as it allows us to understand where we have room for improvement. We will share your comments about the tub and shower knobs with our engineering team. We hope you will consider a future stay with us. If you do, we invite you to join our complimentary Select Guest program which includes complimentary wireless internet as one of its many perks.
Milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I recently spent six nights at the Omni. It was a combination business trip for my traveling companion and sightseeing for me.

The Omni is a nice hotel in a nice location. Most of the staff was attentive as has been reported in lots of reviews. The valets were great at getting the car around. Whenever I called the car was there by the time I got down the elevator. They always offered to give directions too. Valet parking is $21. per night, not too bad for a big city.

The room was quiet and comfortable, but could definitely use some updating. The rug was well worn and spotted and the beds were old and had seen their better days. Housekeeping was not as attentive to detail as I would expect at this type of property. The rug had not been vacuumed around the lounge chair and there were what looked like finger nail clippings and lint lying on the floor next to the chair. Housekeeping was also negligent about leaving enough towels. Some days we got by with what they left, but one day there were no hand towels and only one bath towel, so I had to call for extras.

If you don't have a car you will be limited in things to do. The Landing is just a block away. What we found is it was extremely crowded, 45 minute wait in 2 restaurants, on nights where there were concerts nearby, and totally dead on nights where there were no concerts. It's a 2 or 3 block walk to other downtown restaurants and many of the restaurants seem to only be open for breakfast and lunch.

Since I had a rental car we got out most nights for dinner and I really enjoyed my first trip to Jacksonville. The Omni was perfect for my companion's business trip and despite the flaws I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recommendation of the Omni Jacksonville and for the constructive feedback. We apologize that your room was not kept up to your standards or our own and we will be sharing your feedback with our Director of Housekeeping. We are thrilled to hear that you were well taken care of by our valet and many of our associates and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
broxton, g
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Omni Jax has large rooms, great amenities, and a great location. I would strongly reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for recommending the Omni Jacksonville on TripAdvisor!
Folsom, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed for business. All around hotel was awesome. Only thing that stinks is the food & beverage prices in the hotel are sky high, and since their is no I mean NO nightlife during the week in downtown Jacksonville you are forced to eat at the hotel. Food was great but alcohol prices were high.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
We are glad you had a fantastic stay at The Omni Jacksonville Hotel. We do our best to remain competitive with our food pricing while also providing the freshest local ingredients. We hope this won't prevent you from staying with us in the future as we would love the opportunity to welcome you back
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and once at the Omni in Autin Texas. All experiences have been the worst hotel stays ever. The front desk staff, specifically "Brandon", was extremely rude to me and had a horrible attitude. They wouldnt let me check into my room until my business partner arrived because the room was in his name, even though I had the confirmation number and the credit card used to book the room! They made me wait over 3 hours in the lobby! I would have left and gotten another hotel had it not been for the other hotels in the area being completely booked and being here for a seminar.The room rate for what you get in a room is also overprised. I have stayed at better Comfort Inns in my life. The marble floors in the lobby does not make up for he rude staff you will encounter. I have never been treated so rudely by a hotel staff member in my life, and I will never stay at an OMNI Hotel ever! Stay here at your own risk!

Room Tip: tip is do not stay here!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
We regret to read about your recent stay at our hotel and apologize if you were not provided with a clear explanation of why we were unable to check you into your room. For the safety of our guests, we do require that the person checking in be listed on the reservation as well as provide a valid photo ID. Although we are dismayed that this started your stay off on the wrong foot we cannot fault our front desk agent for not allowing entry into the room. We will make sure that all of our agents are comfortable sharing the reasoning behind this procedure to avoid future confusion. We truly hope that you will reconsider staying with us in the future knowing that the safety of our guests is one of our top priorities.

Been to Omni Jacksonville Hotel? Share your experiences!