“Clean Room/Awesome Staff!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Clean Room/Awesome Staff!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is a very nice hotel and the staff was awesome and very accommodating. There was an odor outside in the halls that was funky but other then that it was nice. They have an indoor and outdoor pool. Also a nice banquet rooms.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My sister and I stayed there for a concert, the staff was very helpful and nice, rooms were clean and while there was a error in valet parking the manager Ralph of valet really handle the matter quickly, efficiently, and was very kind. We most certainly would stay there again. :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a few nights on a business trip. Staff was beyond helpful and service was tremendous. The only thing I would say was missing was a few extra nights in town! Would recommend. Clean service clean bathrooms. Beds were
Comfortable and there is no general complain I can think of in any of the rooms. All in all would go back to this location

• Stayed April 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Staff is very pleasant and helpful, food was fantastic, beds are extremely comfy. Nightly rate was good at $99/night but they get you in other ways! Great if you're only staying one night but not great for a weekend or longer.
This hotel is a little run down for a Marriot. The wallpaper in the hallways was peeling and the carpet was old and yucky. But it did look like they were renovating in some areas so hopefully they are fixing that.
I was disappointed that there was no mini fridge in our room. I suppose that's my fault for not checking when I booked the room, but I figured that is standard in most hotels since every other place we stay (even lower-end hotels) seems to have one. Luckily we had a cooler.
They charge $12.95 per day for wifi which is absurd!! And the breakfast bar, as delicious as the food is, is ridiculously expensive. We enjoy breakfast in the hotel because it's quick and convenient but not at $30 ($15 each) per day.
Probably won't come back for a long weekend.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband and I visited this past weekend with another couple. I've stayed at various Marriott properties worldwide my whole life. The Jacksonville Marriott was nothing to write home about. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, and that's about where the positives end. There was an odor of spoiled milk throughout the lobby, and it was musty on our floor (the second). In our hallway, there was water damage that made the wallpaper split along the seem and it was held together by thumb tacks. Also in the hallway, a beer glass with a bottle opener remained on the floor the entire weekend. Finally, there was no fan switch in the bathroom, even though there was a vent.
If you're looking for typical, high-level Marriott quality, you won't be fully satisfied here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
JacksonvilleGM, General Manager at Jacksonville Marriott, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We strive to exceed all guests expectations and have fallen short of our own goal. I sincerely apologize for this. There is no excuse for the beer bottle sitting for anywhere near that long and I will share this with our entire staff. Being in Florida we do experience some effects of the high summer humidity and understand it can be a problem. The vents in the bathroom are attached to make up air units that run 24/7, so are not individual fan units. Thank you so much for pointing out the quality of the staff and cleanliness and we hope you will give us another chance on your next trip to Jacksonville.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed here in June for a business trip and really enjoyed it. The room had updated furnishings, a nice TV and desk with plenty of plugs, plus lots of space to stretch out. The room was so quiet that I loved sleeping here. The outdoor pool was very nice and the loungers were comfortable. There was a convention at the time so the place was busy but I never had to wait for anything. I ate at the bar and the breakfast buffet and both the food and service was excellent. I would give this hotel the top rating for its class, but would also note that it's not a 5 star hotel with a sparkly glass bathroom. My co-workers were very displeased that they chose the Embassy Suites after talking to me each morning!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The staff were pleasant & hospitable. Rita, our server, in the dinner/lounge made our time there extra special. The Reservation Clerk was most helpful when we were having trouble with the humidity in our room. They immediately sent an engineer to check it out & offered to move us to another suite. We were with a WWII Reunion (the USS Drexler) group & were provided complimentary full breakfast buffet each morning. The room & service were outstanding!

Green Features: The environment was relaxed, comfortable & friendly.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Jacksonville Marriott? Share your experiences!