“Great service in a gently worn hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #57 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Orlando, Florida
“Great service in a gently worn hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

From the minute we checked in until the moment we checked out, the service was absolutely outstanding. A great, warm welcome upon arrival at the front desk. Smiling desk clerks who thanked us for being their guests. Always a nice welcome back when we returned from an outing. Breakfast was outstanding; food was very flavorful and hot. Bell staff in the lobby were always at the ready and very friendly. The hotel could use some updating which is the only reason we didn't give it an outstanding rating.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
NEW YORK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We have stayed here several times and will return when we are in the area. Room was comfortable. It would be more comfortable if there was a sofa or at least 2 easy chairs,
which is what we usually find in the marriott courtyards. It would also be nice if there
was a refrigerator in the room.
We like this hotel and will return, but some of the courtyard amenitites are better.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I have to say that this was probably the worst Marriott room I can remember having in a long time. The A/C ran continuously, so I would have to turn it off so that the room didn't get too cold. Since it was summer and humid in Jacksonville, the windows had condensation on them from the cold room temperature, and the room smelled somewhat mildewy.

The room furnishings were very dated, and I don't even think it had the latest Marriott bed. In fact, it still had a bedspread instead of the new white duvet. I find this very gross, since they aren't changed out after every guest.

The concierge lounge was very disappointing in its meal and beverage offerings.

The outstanding part was that the staff was exceedingly friendly at check-in and check-out, with the exception of the concierge.

I didn't stay at the Marriott on my next visits, choosing instead to stay at a Residence Inn and a Courtyard.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed here for a two night work meeting. I got to pick the spot and this is what I choose. The building is pretty standard from the road. Its really accessible to I-95 and the local corporate parks. The inside is dated but the staff was friendly enough.

The room was a bit of a problem or I should say the bed. It was so soft that I awoke each day with a sore back. I opted for 2 queen beds. The room finishings all looked fine and the bathroom was updated. It was however time for a mattress switch. Wifi worked great. I also enjoyed the in room coffee.

I can't decide if I would stay here again or not. I stayed for the points and may do it again but would look to other nearby Marriott properties first.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We are Marriott members and frequently stay at them. What is different about this one? I really don't know what they do, but the bed is absolutely the most comfortable I have ever, ever slept in. The duvet is thick and soft and there are lots of thick soft pillows. The bed is just the right hardness and the room temperature is perfectly consistent. The air conditioner is so quiet you can't tell it's on.

Spotlessly clean, of course. The people who work here are all friendly and helpful. The bathtub is easy to work, has good water pressure, and the shower curtain stays put. It doesn't blow against you like some showers. Curtains close all the way to make the room very dark. LAN connections as well as wi-fi for a good signal in every room, even if you aren't near the hot spot.

I try to be positive in my reviews and give five's but this is one time where I wish I could give a little higher score.

One caveat: be sure to look at an overview in Google maps and know exactly how to get the last half mile if you are driving here. The little dog leg on Belford/Salisbury is confusing and difficult to navigate if you aren't exactly sure what you are doing. You have a very short distance to traverse two lanes of traffic including traffic coming off the interstate on a funny side rode and then turn right on a one way street. I'm not good at these but husband explained it to me and showed me AND I have a GPS. I have now done it ten times in the last week and still find it annoying.

I am presently in Jacksvonville for a week, spending all day each day in the hospital/nursing home with my mother-in-law. Of course, this isn't an easy task. It is really nice to know I am going back to a great night's sleep and some wonderful pampering myself each night! And two little chocolates on the pillow.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Fork Union, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

This was a great hotel. The room was great, bathroom was impeccable, breakfast was fantastic, and the staff was extremely friendly. The one caveat to all this is that my traveling colleague has Elite level on the Marriott plan, so we were able to get a room on the concierge floor. That basically saved our stay, I believe. When we arrived there was a large group of teenagers in the lobby area, due a basketball team and their cheerleaders staying there. I imagine it was quite noisy in other areas of the hotel through the night.
But I'm here to review what I thought other people were experiencing. Our stay was fantastic, and I definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Valdosta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

When I stay in Jacksonville, I always chose to stay at the Marriott Jacksonville on Salisbury Rd. It is a wonderful hotel. Very clean. Very professional and friendly staff. Breakfast is very delicious! Always a pleasure to stay there. I'm looking forward to my next stay there at the end of this month, while enroute to South Carolina.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Jacksonville Marriott? Share your experiences!