“Rundown” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Conference Center

You added Quality Inn Conference Center to your Saves list
Quality Inn Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6802 Commonwealth Avenue, PO Box 37888, Jacksonville, FL 32236 (Formerly Holiday Inn Jacksonville - I-295 & Commonwealth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #94 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Wilmington North Carolina
“Rundown”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here for the indoor pool. My son enjoys swimming. The pool is not heated and there had been a cold spell so it was very cold and he did not use it much. The spa has been covered and is no longer in use. The breakfast buffet is nice but they do not allow you to fix a plate to take to your room. Strict dine in only. The restaurant staff are very pleasant. The hotel is not longer open for dinner. There are several fast food restaurants around. The rooms are a bit rundown and our heater did not work. The price is right and the indoor convention center is very nice but I wouldn't stay again. The location is conveinent to I-295 but not the best area of town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Murdock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is another hotel that, after reviewing other comments we chose to stay here, and while it was not a perfect stay, all in all, good hotel. Check in was one of the fastest we ever had and pleasant. We stayed on the inside part by the pool. The pool was nice looking and clean in appearance, and we both could not go in because it was so cold. I thought having it indoors would have made it warm enough, but that was not the case. That was a disappointment. The room was reasonable and clean, fitted sheets, comfortable bed. As with many southern hotels, the room was very humid and moist, probably made even worse with the indoor pool, which I usually remedy by turning on and alternating the Heat/AC, however the heat did not work. I realize FL doesn't have lots of cold days, but Jax can get cold, and that could make a stay uncomfortable here, besides the high humidity. An older hotel that has been remodeled over the years, nice center if you had some kind of convention or meetings in the area I would think, although the meeting rooms were locked. Breakfast was better than most Choice Hotels, and well maintained. Only thing missing here was peanut butter for the toast and the waffles, but the rest of the breakfast made up for the missing items! They had eggs & Sausage patties & links, biscuits and gravy, grits, cereal, hard boiled eggs, coffee, hot and cold water, OJ, apple juice, milk, donuts, toast, bagels, etc. Check out was just as fast as the check-in, terrific. Free Wi-Fi worked fine, had a business center, although we did not check it out, as you can see from a couple pics I took, the Atrium/Pool area was spacious and well maintained! Price was right, and I would not hesitate to stay again, although I hope if the pool is able to be heated they consider heating it.

Room Tip: Like I saw others suggest stay inside near the pool, quite and dark in the room to help sleeping.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Creepiest stay ever. The pool is lovely, but who sleeps in a pool? We stayed for a layover after a 15hr drive. At 3 am, I went to the bathroom and was shocked to find a roach running for cover. I called the desk to let them know. They offered me a different room. I told them my kid was dead asleep and that I planned on requesting a refund when I checked out. Besides the time of night, the grim fact is that a roach in one room means roaches everywhere. At checkout, the girl at the counter offered me a $9+tax discount. They "couldn't" (read: wouldn't) give me a refund. I spent the rest of the night crawling with the heebie jeebies, and they clearly could not care less. Overall, a rundown, out of date hole. The location was terrible, and cockroaches to boot. Never again!

Stayed July 2012
La Porte, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two weeks. The staff is friendly as are the cleaning ladies. My room was serviced everyday with fresh clean towels provided on a daily basis. The indoor swimming pool is a must for those with children. Rooms face the swimming pool, which is extremely large. At 10 PM the pool is closed and no one is allowed to swim. Shows respect for the individuals that have to work or have to conduct business the next day. This hotel is a great place to stay while visiting Jacksonville, Florida.

Room Tip: If you have children, ask for a room indoors by the pool. You wont regret it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Motel, Hotel, Old Holiday Inn?
This location is nice. BIG place and rooms are very comfortable and clean. IT IS NOT a palace but, a Quality Place to rest. They could stand a bit of Updating but, for the money and what you get, it is for sure worth the stay.
Great Restaurant and Buffet for dinner as well as a Better than Norm Breakfast Buffet which comes with the room .
I am not TOO picky, But want to fill at home and this is a try again location for me.

Room Tip: Most rooms are Motel style But a few are in the Inside Court Yard near the pool and Restaurant.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Diana, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We drove 17hrs one way from Texas to see our Son who had been in an accident and was in CCU @ Orange Park Medical Center. Arrived to this Motel and the clerk was friendly and very accommodating that morning at 4am. Arriving to the room, we found a lamp that was broken, a hot room. The next morning the iron we were promised, did not work we had to go find a replacement, that afternoon, the clerk calls to our room to tell us that we had to come sign our receipt for tonights stay, I looked online at our bank account simply because the young man took our card and said he had charged it last night. I explained to her that it appears we had already paid because our bank shows it had been deducted, she said NO YOUR RECEIPT HAS A ZERO BALANCE (in a rude voice) I simply said well, wouldnt the balance be zero because we have paid it in full? She HUNG UP ON ME after saying, I AM NOT TALKING TO U ABOUT THIS.
HOW FREAKING RUDE. Oh, and we did not get our room cleaned, nor did we get clean towels. I had to go find someone who could speak ENGLISH to know what I wanted, then had to get them myself.
NO I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL. It is TERRIBLE

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
MELBOURNE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Spent one night 2/24/12 and have a new homebase when I'm in the Jacksonville area. Check in was a breeze. The clerk,(I'm terrible with names) was very pleasant and helpful. The loby was well lit , coffee and lemon water available. Room clean with a nice comfortable chair and ottoman. Desk chair was too big for the space and blocked the path to bathroom. The hot tub was first rate, clean and hot. I'm not sure but I think the pool had cubes in it. It was so cold. Great small fitness room, as with everything else clean and well enough equipped to get a basic workout in. I didn't have time for the sauna but it was a nice touch. The dinner buffet at $10.95 was first rate. Waitstaff was attentive and friendly. Southern style vegatables were really good. I am already planning to stay here on my next trip to the area.

Room Tip: A/C noise could be heard from the outer rim. Pool area rooms would have been a better choice and bei...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!