“Deception and lies” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Of Orange Park

You added Quality Inn Of Orange Park to your Saves list
Quality Inn Of Orange Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6135 Youngerman Circle, Jacksonville, FL 32244 (Formerly Jacksonville Inn at Orange Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #90 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Aiken
“Deception and lies”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Comments regarding our stay at the Quality Inn at 6135 Youngerman Circle, Jacksonville, FL.on July 2, 2013.

First, a Coupon in the FreeHotelCoupons.com booklet (June-Sept 2013, page 6, upper right corner) advertised $39.99 for 1-2 people. Upon arrival, the desk clerk said it was for a single bed only (vacancy was not an issue ... several vacant rooms). $10 more for a double which I paid (wife was ill).
Ice machines was empty

Our room, altho clean, had no towels. After calling the front desk (about 8PM) and asking that a couple towels be brought to the room, I waited 45 minutes before having to go to the front desk and get them myself.

The bed itself had sheets and a thin bedspread obviously intended for decorative purposes only. No blanket (none in the cabinet or drawers either)

The Guest Services directory in our room (210) was empty. Not a single page in it.

No television channel directory.

- breakfast was specifically advertised in the hotel book ad I previously mentioned as eggs, sausage, etc. I just returned from breakfast. Hard biscuits and cold gravy. That was it. The ad was a lie.

Comments to Quality Inn corporate went unanswered.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Marlon M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Of Orange Park, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize the stay did not meet your expectations. I have talked to all department heads about your issues and concerns and have implemented new policies and procedures. I would love to have you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Got in at 12.30 am went to sleep got up at 4.00 am felt like like something crawling on me didn't see anything got back up at 5.30 itching pulled sheets back on bed , bed bugs everywhere. I checked my sons bed it looked like he was sleeping in an ant bed there were so many bed bugs. Went to the front desk to inform the staff and she wanted to argue and get loud saying she doesn't have bed bugs I suggested she have it checked well that took awhile and had to have house keeper confirmed they had bed bugs. I suggest not to stay there very rude management

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Vickie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. The happiness of our guest is our number one concern. Rest assured we have established new procedures to make sure our guest are satisfied 100%.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

There is a $2.95 misc.fee that the manager, Toni, explained as "a fee that pays for the wi-fi, pool, breakfast". All these things are advertised as free. Also, both the manager and the front desk attendant, Leoni, have the most awful demeanor and body language. Toni is rude, disrespectful and bellicose, while Leoni doesn't smile and glares at you when you ask to speak with management. The rooms are small, the housekeepers seem indifferent and overworked. It took 2 hours to get set of towels. The breakfast attendant got angry when I asked for more gravy. There is nefarious activity in the parking lot. Not safe. Never stay.

• Stayed May 2013
Marlon M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Of Orange Park, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm sorry your previous stay with us did not meet your expectations. I have addressed your concerns and we are implementing new polices and procedures to better serve our guest. Thank you again for your review and we hope we will have another opportunity to serve you again.
Gulf Breeze, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My stay at the Quality Inn of Orange Park was great. Every employee I interracted with was polite and helpful. Especially Matthew at the front desk. He took the time to make sure I was happy with everything about my visit to both the hotel and to the area, by suggesting some local businesses and attractions to experience while I was there on a boring business trip. I will definitely be coming back to stay here as well as ensuring that my company books at this hotel exclusively whenever they send one of us to this region.

Room Tip: I always ask for the top floor.
Christian,

Thank you for talking the time to review our hotel. I am very elated to hear that our staff treated you with superb customer service. That is what we strive for. I would love to have your company come stay with us when you are in the region. Thank you again for choosing us to serve you and can't wait to have you agian
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

This is not a friendly place. The rooms aren't that great either considering it used to be a Hampton Inn. I asked the lady at the front desk for $10.00 in quarters to do 2 loads of laundry. They charge $2.25 for each wash and dry load. She balked saying she wasn't supposed to give me that much. Well, then don't advertise a coin operated laundry as an aminity. My dinner was delivered without eating utensils, so I went to the front desk to ask for some plastics. I was told that housekeeping had locked everything up. Keep in mind they offer a "full, complimentary breakfast", but the front desk doesn't have access to a plastic fork at 5:00 pm on a Friday night. Seriously? Poor customer service. I am in town several times a year, but I won't be coming back here.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Alice,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm sorry that you experience on you stay was not what you expected. I have talked to the department heads about your concerns and we will be implementing new policies to better serve our guest. I would love for you to come back and enjoy the changes we have made. Thank your again for your stay and your review.
Sanford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while in town on business. The accommodations were as promised. The customer service I received from the concierge (Matt) was above average. After a long day of meetings I could not even think straight, he helped me figure out what and where to eat and even made me laugh. I will be booking here for my next trip to town. Thanks Matt!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Marlon M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Of Orange Park, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Andrea,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy to hear that your stay with us was good and that our staff went above and beyond to give you great customer service. We can't wait to have you as a guest again on your next trip. Thank you again for choosing us at the Quality Inn.
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I recently went to Jacksonville on business. I was booked to stay at a different hotel (sorry!). I got off of 295 too early and stopped in Quality Inn to try to get my barings. The gentleman behind the counter, Matt, welcomed me into the lobby and asked if he could be of assistance. I explained the situation. He actively listened to my story while on the computer. When I was done talking, he handed papers over the counter. He had already printed directions for me to get back onto the interstate and was working on getting me back to my hotel! Since he was already looking up locations, I hit him up for some directions to a place to eat. He gave me a great reccomendation. :) Needless to say, Matt was very helpful and I appreciated everything that he did. (I will keep this in mind should I end up in Jax again.)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Of Orange Park? Share your experiences!