“Nice Room And Nice Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Of Orange Park

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Of Orange Park to your Saves list
Quality Inn Of Orange Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6135 Youngerman Circle, Jacksonville, FL 32244 (Formerly Jacksonville Inn at Orange Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #86 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice Room And Nice Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times. The rooms were nice and so was the service. Loria at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The location is near a nice plaza. There is also a mall not very far from the hotel as well. The price was great also.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

The front desk clerk was very slow in checking in people. Instead of trying to provide us with good customer service, she made us wait longer while she talked on the phone. Then, when we got to our room, one bed was unmade and her exact words were "the sheets LOOK clean, but if you WANT me to, I'll switch your rooms...someone will be desperate enough to buy the room". Then, when we woke up for breakfast, there was only two patties of eggs and a corner of biscuit gravy, which wasn't enough to feed a newborn baby. No more food was brought out, so we had no choice but to walk across the street for food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I recently stayed here for two nights and was pleasantly surprised with my room and the service I received for such a great value. All of the staff I encountered were efficient and courteous. I especially enjoyed the breakfast service. The food was laid out very neatly and the server was a woman who never stopped smiling and offering her assistance. I must admit I was a little skeptical to try this hotel at first but the staff made a great first impression on me. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
North Bay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Booked in for 2 nights, the gentleman, who appears to be the manager or owner, does not have very good people skills. The night desk clerk (or manager) was no help when we requested an extension cord, and the next day, when we requested to extend our stay 1 more day, she was quite snarly on the phone and then the 2 staff members argued on what needed to be done to extend our stay, even though we were still booked 1 more day.
Location was our biggest convenience.
House keeping was adequate the first day, but not so much the second day, but we had just returned to the room and possibly they prefer to not have the guest in room.
Breakfast set up is typical, but very spread out and you are stopped if you attempt to take anything to your room other than coffee.
There are 3 hotels right in a row, make sure you don't stop at the first 2. Talked with local people and there have been A LOT of problems at the other 2, red roof and super 8.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Goose Creek, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights on a vacation with our young grandsons. Rechelle was at the front desk Fri night when we checked in and was AMAZING with her guest service. We wanted a downstairs room due to the kids being so small. We were booked in an upstairs. She got us switched and insisted on personally inspecting the room because it hadn't been used in a few days and she wanted to insure it was clean to her satisfaction.

We had a minor issue with the lock on the door in our first room not functioning properly, but it was addressed the next morning and we were moved into the room next door. The manager and maintenance staff were excecptional with helping us to move our bags and collect our things.

The breakfast buffet is excellent -- not just bagels and fruit here. There was a full hot breakfast including sausage, eggs, and a self serve waffle station. We will definitely re-book on future stays and hope to see Rechelle again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Not sure how there can be such a string of consistent excellent reviews, but relying on them, I decided to give this property a try since I recalled that I had had an okay stay a couple of years or so ago when it used to be a Hampton. Usually my experience is as others have reported, so I rarely post a review here as it wouldn't add much.

Stayed here twice over a 2 week period. Upon arrival for my first stay, clerk complained about my rate being so low, and questioned me about where I found it (on the choice website). Not a welcoming feeling, but rest of stay was okay. Then on second stay, a different clerk insisted on taking my drivers license away to the back room claiming only to be sure I was who I said because I was using a credit card (as I did for the first stay when nothing of the sort happened). I was worried about why this demand this time and not before, plus I have never had more than a quick check to match the name on the credit card and license. Experience left me feeling unwelcome.

The breakfast the first time was on time, but the second time, it was a full 45 minutes late before the first few items were placed out and almost an hour before all the items had been placed out. Making matters worse, breakfast attendant chastised me for looking for a mere cup of coffee 5 minutes before the breakfast start time (there was none), and then they were an hour late getting the spread set up. Being chastised made me feel unwelcome.

All in all, I did not feel very welcome here. I have 2 more stays that I had booked prior to my second stay that I plan to cancel as soon as I can book another room elsewhere.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have to say this was the dirtiest hotel I have ever seen. The first room we saw had dirt and small red bugs in the box spring, a used washcloth behind the bed, and crud in the carpet between the bed and night stand and in the corners. The second room had colonies of spiders in every corner, between the bed and night stand, and under all the chairs with the little red bugs in the box spring. The third room had leftover candy wrappers on the night stand, a horrible smell in the armoir, and more spiders. The only thing good about this hotel was the lady at the desk, very nice and apologetic. Needless to say, we went elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Of Orange Park? Share your experiences!