“25 Year Old Property needs a Face Lift” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Florida Residents Offer
Ranked #87 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Martinez, Georgia
“25 Year Old Property needs a Face Lift”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Stayed at the Embassy Suites, Baymeadows. This property needs to be updated, The hotel staff is very helpful and friendly. However, the rooms were not very clean, towels were stained and old but not dirty. This property offers a good breakfast and afternoon happy hours. The lobby is clean but this property is need a face lift. Great value if you are on a tight budget.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
JAXGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, September 16, 2010
Dear PaulaC1

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay here.

I am sorry to read that we did not meet all your expectations whilst staying here though I was happy to read that you found the team both helpful and friendly.

We will work hard to address the cleanliness issue you mention and look forward to perhaps welcoming you back to Jacksonville in the future.

501 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

This hotel is beautiful and clean. Staff are friendly and professional. I like the layout of the room, very spacious. The kitchen is very compact but well appointed. I had a small issue at check-in, but this was promptly and efficiently fixed. I was impressed when later, a member of the FD staff passed me in the hallway and wished me a good evening, referring to me by name. That went a long way with me,as she showed I was not just another guest checking in. I regret I did not get her name:-(
I would definitely stay here again, and have no problems referring this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
JAXGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, August 24, 2010
Dear JuicyPeach

Many thanks for your wonderful review - the team here work hard to recognize our guests and I am really pleased to read that it made an impression on you. I will make sure that they all get to read this!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Jacksonville very soon.

Whittier, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

Ralaxing, Vegas-like lobby. Awesome suites and excellent hot breakfast! Grocery store and Starbucks nearby. Will definitely some back! No doubt abt it.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
JAXGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
Dear MeiLaarnee

Many thanks for your wonderful review - we couldn't agree more!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

The outside and lobby of the hotel was excellent. The rooms are older and need updating.

The rooms need updating in the furniture, beds, and bathrooms. The bathroom had mold growing from the vent, in the bathtub and the air conditioner was loud the entire time we were there. The room is extremly spacious, and has the right amentities, they are just older. The tv's were older tube TV's with a fuzzy picture, the beds were very uncomfortable, and the pillows were extremely flat, even for a feather pillow.

We also found a plate of fried fish in our microwave when we were trying to identify where the fishy smell was coming from in the room.

The pool had cracking and chipping concrete in and out of the pool, and the pool water was kind of dirty, if you looked at the water near the lights. It was also extremely cold as though they didn't have a heater for the indoor pool. The hot tub foamed up when turned on. Not sure what caused that.

With all of that said, the lobby area was beautifully maintained, and the breakfast staff was VERY friendly. The short order cook they had making breakfast was excellent! The resturant (Omaha Steakhouse) was VERY good and the prices were very reasonable for the food quality. I don't know if I would stay at the hotel again based on the room quality, but if I had to, I could do so.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear gyron

Many thanks for taking the time to give your feedback on the hotel.

I was happy to read that overall your stay with us was a good one, especially the hotel team and our restaurant options.

Next time you come back, you may want to consider upgrading to our newer Executive Building. This is located in a quiter location towards the rear of the hotel but still offers the same feeling of spaciousness.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Jacksonville in the near future.

Hampton, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

My husband had a business trip in Jacksonville, Fla, and since it was during the summer we thought we could make a mini vacation out of it. First of all the internet access has a fee of $9.95 for 24hours. After the fee is paid we found out the signal strength was so low, we were still unable to connect. After calling the frond desk twice, I went downstairs and they gave me a router to attach to my laptop, that lasted about 4 hrs. Upon check out complained to the desk clerk, Brandon, who had nothing to say but "have a nice day". The televisions were outdated and made a humming noise anytime a commercial came on. We were told by maintenance "you couldn't possibly have two bad tv's". The televisions would have worked better with rabbit ears, that is how old they were! The hotel lobby was clean and the housekeepers were friendly. That is the nicest thing I can say bout this hotel. This was my first disappointment with an Embassy Suites Hotel.
K. Solomon
South Carolina

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Dear ksolo35

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay with us.

I was sorry to hear not only that you had some challenges with us but more importantly that we did not react in a more understanding manner.

I know that vacation time is important to all of us and I apologise that we did not let you make the very best of that time.

Should you be travelling to Jacksonville again, do please reach out to me directly and I will do all that I can to make amends for this stay.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

Embassy Suites hosted our family reunion this year, and all of my family members raved over the value they got there. They loved the manager's receptions (free cocktails every night - unbelievable!), and they enjoyed the breakfast so much that they got up early to partake of it. The indoor pool area was relaxing, and the park-like atmosphere of the atrium (including that wonderful waterfall) was incredibly peaceful.

I observed several family members dining in the restaurant in the atrium, and although I didn't get a chance to eat there this trip, I heard the food was great (even if it was a little pricey). The location of the hotel was perfect -- we ate at several nearby restaurants (I ate at Red Lobster and Olive Garden), shopped twice at the nearby Avenues Mall, and went to church (The Church of Jacksonville) less than two miles away.

I helped plan this year's reunion, and worked very closely with Mark (the catering manager) and Luisa (the sales manager) for nearly a year. They were SO HELPFUL! The two of them made planning the reunion and banquet very, very smooth. When I arrived at the hotel, I met the general manager, Chris, who was very attentive; and Juan, the operations manager, who made a couple of appearances at our Friday banquet just to make sure everything was going well. And that's another thing -- the food at the banquet was DELICIOUS! All of my family members loved it.

There were so many other people (whose names I didn't get) who helped make everything go smoothly... I wish I had taken note of all of their names so that I could mention them here, because they were really attentive to all of our needs.

I just can't say enough about this hotel. This was the most trouble-free reunion of all of the ones I've helped to plan. My family really, really enjoyed themselves. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a group event.

• Stayed July 2010
JAXSBGI, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Hotel Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, July 21, 2010
Ci2,

You and your family were a complete joy to work with. Thank you for all the kind words. I will of course share this with the entire team. We can only hope to have more guests like you and that you return for years to come.

Christopher L. Hill, CHSP
Director of Sales
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

We stayed in this Embassy Suites for one night while on our drive from New Jersey to Stuart, Florida with our golden retriever. Thios is one of the few nice hotels along I95 that permits pets. The hotel is located right off the highway. The check in was fast, the room was beautiful and the morning breakfast was delightful. I slept like a baby. Even if I didn't have our pet I would stay at this Embassy Suites. The staff were professional from the young lady who checked us in to the chef cooking omlets the next morning. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear garda19.

Many thanks for taking the time to share your views on the hotel.

We all hope you find the time to stay with us again - with or without your pet!

Alex Dawes

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Jacksonville - Baymeadows? Share your experiences!