“Embassey not so Suite” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #87 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Merritt Island, United States
“Embassey not so Suite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

As a part of the Jax Soccer Club Tourney we had been advised to use this hotel. Next time I will choose my own. I reserved on line and the reservation was not correct when we arrived. Slow check in process. Personnel lack luster, no service from front desk after 10 PM, noisey rooms from both Hallway and Elevator as well as the Parking Lot and Exits. Hotel closed the pool and psa due to the number of rowdy children using it without parental control. On site resturnat is a OMAHA STEAKHOUSE over priced, under staffed, slow service and poor quality. Stay away.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Bluffton SC, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The stay was good. Hotel just a little bit old in comprarison with other embassy hotels. I was a little bit dissapointed with the evening reception, manager's special. Not enough complimentary snacks and chips were old.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Seattle, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Was staying at a Holiday Inn located at Orange Park decided to give Embassy Suite a chance even though it was 20 miles further from where I was working. It was worth it. The indoor pool was a nice benefit no worries about swimming in a outside pool during lightening. The restaurant was also an improvement over the other place. The bar tenders and the waiters were great.

Chesapeake Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here for 12 nights while my husband was on business to the NAS at the govt rate. I spent A LOT of time in our room while my husband was gone to work every day.

Breakfast was pretty good, very large selection. Did not know until 2 days before we left that you can ask the omelet guy to make French toast. (Bacon is not available unless you ask the omelet guy, and its not ever hot) The scrambled eggs, sausage & potatoes on the "hot" bar are NOT hot. There are bagels, donuts, oatmeal, fruit and toasts. Plenty of coffee and juices.

The happy hour chips & salsa is sad, but I believe most people attend for the free alcohol. We only attended once.

The tap water is horrid, we bought a case of water at the NEX. I spoke to someone at the front desk about it and they said its just like that, they were used to it. I couldn't even drink coffee made with it.

I used the indoor pool every week day for laps and some exercise, never used the fitness center. Had to ask for pool towels, they were always out of the large ones, good thing I brought my own but it took forever to dry it out each day for use the next day.

We only used the Omaha Steakhouse for burgers one night in our room. The prices were outrageous, but the burger and fries was pretty good, nothing spectacular.

We are Hilton Honors members, so we had free wifi in our room. We had both our laptops and Ipads with us and never had any problems. The TV is Direct TV, but the guide is easy to use. We only lost it a couple times during evening thunder storms.

Staff throughout the hotel were excellent. Very friendly, attentive and pleasant in any and all requests. Did not find out until after being there a week that they have a FREE courtesy shuttle that will take you 7 miles out and back. 1st come basis. I took it to the Avenues Mall and spent 3 hours shopping.

Its a nice place, I have stayed in better Hilton properties, and worse. We will most probably stay there again, in winter time. I would prefer a property with an outdoor pool in the summertime.

Clearwater, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel needs a renovation of their rooms. The carpet and decor is very old. I stay here for business and hope they will renovate soon. It's not what I typically expect from an Embassy Suites. The staff is very nice and helpful.

Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Standard embassy. Large free breakfast, staff very responsive and helpful, good variety at breakfast. Fitness center equipment was inconsistently working but the management responded quickly to say they were getting it fixed. Easy to get to everything you need.

• Stayed August 2013
Orlando, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Hotel staff promptly filled my request for additional linens and towels. Food and beverage had no sense of empowerment and seemed perplexed by a request for unsalted potatoes. Only after 20 minutes and a request to speak to the food and beverage manager were they able to deliver unsalted potatoes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

JAXGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write concerning your past stay with us. I also want to thank you for the nice comment that you made about our staff. I do apologize for the issue that you had with getting the unsalted potatoes you requested. The team member understood that the potatoes came pre-seasoned. Although I was glad to hear that the cook peeled and cooked a fresh potato without salt, I's sorry that you had to wait so long. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you back again soon.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Jacksonville - Baymeadows? Share your experiences!