“Way below Embassy Hotel standards, how can they keep this brand?” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Florida Residents Offer
Ranked #87 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
“Way below Embassy Hotel standards, how can they keep this brand?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Rooms very old, dirty and not updated! Bed quality very poor for a Hilton property. Bathroom shower has mold! Haven't they heard of bleach?
First time and last time I will stay here! I didn't make the reservations, if I had I would have read the reviews.

• Stayed March 2013
JAXGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear crane 124

Thank you for your review of the hotel and while we want you to feel inspired by our Mediterranean architecture and comfortable in our two-room suites, I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again.

If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Kind regards,

502 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Cary, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Despite the convenient location, the hotel is dated and feels unusually dark and closed in for an Embassy suites. I've been there on two trips. Both times the rooms were not clean. On the last stay the first room had a horrible smell, but the bugs were dead in the second room.
The staff was very helpful and courteous and tried very hard to make things right.

Room Tip: lots of road noise from the room that face the front. higher rooms, towards the back are quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear byron w

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and we’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay.

I am glad that we had the opportunity to address your concerns while you were still here and we have rectified them. We appreciate you alerting us to these issues and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Disgusting rooms, moldy smell, not vacuumed well. Counters dirty not cleaned well. Carpets dirty and stained. Water pressure low and air conditioning rattled all night. Tried to order a movie. They said the ordering wasn't working after waiting on the phone for 15 min. Never coming back!!! Gross Gross!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
JAXGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear john79g

First of all, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and share your feedback.

I can assure you that we take all guest comments very seriously and are currently working on new service processes. We also always encourage guests to let us know if they have any concerns during their stay so we can do our best to ensure a great stay. We truly value your business and would hate for you to leave disappointed.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly at alex.dawes@hilton.com and allow me the opportunity to speak with you in greater detail.

Kind regards,
jacksonville, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This has got to be the loudest hotel I have ever stayed in. I am on the 7th floor and I can hear everything as plan as day for those speaking on the bottom floor. It is 9:41pm and there is no way people will be sleeping tonight. The first time I stayed at a embassy suites the maids did not clean the rooms thoroughly and skipped corners. Also the staff of was obnoxiously rude. However I thought why not try a different one just to see how it is. And I can honestly say I will never stay at another embassy suites again. I get more respect and sleep in a cheaper hotel and its cleaner!! We were here for state cup weekend for soccer.

Room Tip: No where is good you can't escape the loudness!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear 12345noname123456789

Thank you for sharing your experience and I'm sorry that you did not have a restful stay with us.

I do apologize that the actions of a few guests negatively affected your stay over what was a very busy weekend in the hotel.

Your comments about the noise issues have helped us improve the way we work for future guests but I regret that we did not have the opportunity to accommodate you and neutralize the disturbances. Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional suggestions on how we can make your experience with us great. We'd really like the opportunity to serve you again.

Vestavia Hills, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I booked a room here (unfortunately before I read the reviews) and this place is generally run down. It feels dank and dirty from the moment you walk in. Everything is worn, the carpets are filthy, the bed is lumpy and the bathrooms are gross and mildew/moldy.

At breakfast the MINTUE it reaches the ending time the staff couldn't care less if guests are still eating or waiting, they shut it down. It is clear this property couldn't care less about the guests. Your just a number and someone who is wasting their time.

After reading the reviews as well as the managers response it is obvious he responds and gives the same tired line "we are sorry it didn't meet your expectations" and "we will talk with our team" etc etc etc. Nothing has changed. I would recommend you just keep looking as this place is not worthy of the Hilton or Embassy Suites name - it is a dump.

John

Room Tip: A good room is not here.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
St. Marys, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My friend and I stayed for a girl's weekend. We had a great time and enjoyed the hotel very much. The evening cocktail and snacks was great. The pool and jacuzzi was enjoyed by us. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
JAXGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Marsha J

Thank you for sharing your experience of the hotel and I'm very happy to read you and your guests had a wonderful time here.

You really can't beat the complimentary Manager's Reception - it's a great way to start any evening!

Come back and see us again soon.

Lakeland, Florida, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Good price but was placed in a room right above the air conditioning units or something. Every thirty seconds the things kicked on and kept me up all night. They offered to move us but by that time all the kids were asleep (they can sleep through anything). Went to the free breakfast the next morning and had scrambled eggs swimming in imitation butter, nasty sausages and flavorless grits. But we paid $85. So I guess you get what you pay for.

Dear Tc142

Thank you for sharing your experience of the hotel.

I appreciate that you brought the mechanical noise to our attention and I'm sorry that we couldn't assist you with the room change offered. We have utilized your feedback and have made the necessary repairs to the AC and apologize for any inconvenience.

I've also shared your comments regarding your displeasure with the breakfast menu items. Our team will be looking into other offerings and welcome any additional suggestions on what you'd like to see as a selection in the future.

Please come back and let us know what you think of our changes.

Alex Dawes

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Jacksonville - Baymeadows? Share your experiences!