“Not a 4 star-Converted Holiday Inn” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Jacksonville Butler Boulevard

You added Radisson Jacksonville Butler Boulevard to your Saves list
Radisson Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4700 Salisbury Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32256 (Formerly Southpoint Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #55 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Not a 4 star-Converted Holiday Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Check in went fine. Requested 2 queens instead of single king and that request was granted. Once we got off the elevator we were hit the smell of mold. Right next to our roof a recent water leak was repaired and we were looking inside the wall at mold and mildew from prior leak. We went into our room and changed and went to Dave+Busters for dinner (Just across from hotel) and had a very nice dinner with 20% discount because of staying in local hotel. We came back to room to moldy smell to change into bathing suit so we could go for a swim. The pool looked nice but as we got closer we noticed that the water was cloudy. It had just rained pretty hard so we thought maybe that was the reason. We got into the water and noticed mold and broken tiles at water line. We were discusted so we went to hot tub and tried to turn timer to start the bubbles but this was broken. We sat in the warm water and noticed the same moldy conditions so we dried off and left. Very nice towel by door so that was nice. We went back to room to change and again passed moldy smell. My wife showers while I go looking for ice machine and could not find one. I went to front desk to find out the ice machines start on floor 3 and as were were on floor 2 (Room 216-Water repair was 214) we had to go to 3 for ice. I went to 3 but no ice machine so I went to floor 4 and loaded our ice bucket and made it back past moldy smell to our room. My wife had showered and pointed out mold and missing grout in shower. She also told me that toilet seemed loose where it connects to floor and sure enough the bolts needed to be tightened. I don't believe it had ever been caulked and caulk at bottom of tub was nasty and moldy also. Anyhow took a shower and it did not drain until 5 minutes after I finished. The shower curtain had 2 broken rings/hooks. Now its time to relax and get ready for bed and we notice that the beds were sleep number beds so we were looking forward to a nice sleep. We tried everything to get the remotes that were attached to bed to work but no luck. Another bad thing that kept on piling to other negatives. Beds were nice with ability to control them so we slept good. Had buffet breakfast at hotel and that was good at reasonable price with very good service. Went back to room to pack and noticed that the ice bucket had a crack in bottom and had leaked all over table where I was using computer the night before. Lucky that I had packed computer but all of our maps, directions, notes, etc got soaked. Took bucket to front desk and told them but they did not seem that concerned. Asked for proof that our bill was paid and they could not give me a receipt saying paid in full as we had paid thru priceline. Holy crap is this a real hotel????????????? Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This coverted hotel should be ripped apart and totally redone. Even the signage looks rinky dink. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Alex F, General Manager at Radisson Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. We appreciate your business. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Alex.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I wasn't sure where my sweet heart and I would be staying, then he pulled into this radisson. I was immediately please by the entrance and friendly staff. Then we got to the room and I was doubly please with its cleanliness and linens (omg down comforter and pillows) everything is just wonderful. Top it all off with exceptional coffee and a delicious breakfast have left me ready for another vacation. My only complaint is that breakfast doesn't seem to last very long and the complimentary coffee is only out till 8AM.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This hotel is amazing and for the rate we got was a huge bargain, we used priceline and bidded on the room. The room we was given was huge the staff are really friendly and approachable. We ate in the restaurant in the hotel which is very reasonably priced and the quality of the food is great, we just ordered too much we ordered a starter and then a main but the main comes with a salad that is the size of a main and the same for the starters. The bed in the room is really comfortable and is huge, we had one slight problem which was the shower as the tap was slightly broken so it was always on the shower and bath meaning the pressure of the shower was poor. The hotel is very clean and I would recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Good for the price. Hotel is secluded and nicely landscaped. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are large, with sleep number beds (if that's important to you), entertainment center, microwave, desk, couch, and large windows. Disappointed there was only decaf in my room...but coffee was readily available in the lobby at 5am. Had apps and a drink at the restaurant. I plan to stay at the hotel again next month. I'll update my review, if necessary.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Albany, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

From the moment I stepped foot into the entrance, until I checked out in the rain, everything was top notch. There was a slight line at check-in, they brought 2 more desk clerks and it went to fast. The room was beautiful and the the food good, The food display just added to the wonderful cuisine. Service in the restaurants made us feel like a KING. My only complaint was that one of the phones in the room didn't work. It was an exquisite experience. Oh yeah Dave and Busters is within walking distance of hotel less than a 1/4 mile.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Been my go to hotel in Jacksonville when I'm there on business for the past few years. The property is right off 95, although you'd never know it for the large forest of mature trees. Landscaping is gorgeous, poll area is nice, lobby is clean and beautiful and the staff is the absolute best. What's not so hot? Rooms are getting a little tired, chipping paint, chipped furniture, really bad ceiling patch job in the bathroom and a couple of towel bars that were ready to come off the wall.Never have understood the nesting table desk idea.......the top table is too high to be of any use and the pull out table below is still too high for the adjustable chair to reach a keyboard. The food -- let's just say there are many, many really good restaurants within a 15 minute drive of the hotel, because when the "chef" can't make a burger medium rare, just be glad you didn't order a steak! But, at $85 a night, this hotel can't be beat.......although, you have to wonder why the Marriott next door is always full even though their rooms start at almost twice the price. I'll keep coming back for the staff -- did I mention they were absolutely great? If the Radisson folks are reading this, I was in room 401 should you have a chance to make the repairs.

Room Tip: I always get an end corner room with windows on two sides -- very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Alex Fawaz.
Helen, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is the second time returning to this property. Nothing really has changed. This hotel boast a pretty good standard from last time. I really didn't appreciate the $50 hold on the credit card, especially since I was redeeming for a free night. I called previously and even asked upon check in, if this could be waived since I am a concierge member. They would not. I really hate giving my credit out when I don't have to. Upon departure, it did fall back on within some days. The rooms I like. Always clean. White heavy large towels are used. The bathrooms are awesome. Water pressure was great. Fridge and microwave provided. Housekeeping was awesome. The rooms are not vented very well though. You can hear conversations from other guests in their room. We easily seemed to have solved that problem by keeping the automatic fan on all night. We didn't hear any other conversations the whole two days we were there. The sleep number bed......I really don't get the "hoopla" associated with them. I don't like those beds. However, before leaving I always stripp the bed to assist the housekeeper whom has to clean the room. Absolutely no stains were on the mattress cover. BRIGHT white mattress pad....I was very impressed....I provided a picture.The hot tub was great.....yes it was really hot and clean. Very relaxing. Not much restaurants around the hotel other than Dave n Busters. Not that far from the beach. The Windows to the room cannot open though....for fresh air. I will definitely return to this property. Recognizing their concierge members would definitely go a long way though.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Alex Fawaz

Been to Radisson Jacksonville Butler Boulevard? Share your experiences!