“Good for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Jacksonville Butler Boulevard

You added Radisson Jacksonville Butler Boulevard to your Saves list
Radisson Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4700 Salisbury Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32256 (Formerly Southpoint Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #45 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Austin, Texas
“Good for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Good for the price. Hotel is secluded and nicely landscaped. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are large, with sleep number beds (if that's important to you), entertainment center, microwave, desk, couch, and large windows. Disappointed there was only decaf in my room...but coffee was readily available in the lobby at 5am. Had apps and a drink at the restaurant. I plan to stay at the hotel again next month. I'll update my review, if necessary.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Alex F, General Manager at Radisson Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay.
We appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
Albany, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

From the moment I stepped foot into the entrance, until I checked out in the rain, everything was top notch. There was a slight line at check-in, they brought 2 more desk clerks and it went to fast. The room was beautiful and the the food good, The food display just added to the wonderful cuisine. Service in the restaurants made us feel like a KING. My only complaint was that one of the phones in the room didn't work. It was an exquisite experience. Oh yeah Dave and Busters is within walking distance of hotel less than a 1/4 mile.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Been my go to hotel in Jacksonville when I'm there on business for the past few years. The property is right off 95, although you'd never know it for the large forest of mature trees. Landscaping is gorgeous, poll area is nice, lobby is clean and beautiful and the staff is the absolute best. What's not so hot? Rooms are getting a little tired, chipping paint, chipped furniture, really bad ceiling patch job in the bathroom and a couple of towel bars that were ready to come off the wall.Never have understood the nesting table desk idea.......the top table is too high to be of any use and the pull out table below is still too high for the adjustable chair to reach a keyboard. The food -- let's just say there are many, many really good restaurants within a 15 minute drive of the hotel, because when the "chef" can't make a burger medium rare, just be glad you didn't order a steak! But, at $85 a night, this hotel can't be beat.......although, you have to wonder why the Marriott next door is always full even though their rooms start at almost twice the price. I'll keep coming back for the staff -- did I mention they were absolutely great? If the Radisson folks are reading this, I was in room 401 should you have a chance to make the repairs.

Room Tip: I always get an end corner room with windows on two sides -- very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Alex Fawaz.
Helen, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is the second time returning to this property. Nothing really has changed. This hotel boast a pretty good standard from last time. I really didn't appreciate the $50 hold on the credit card, especially since I was redeeming for a free night. I called previously and even asked upon check in, if this could be waived since I am a concierge member. They would not. I really hate giving my credit out when I don't have to. Upon departure, it did fall back on within some days. The rooms I like. Always clean. White heavy large towels are used. The bathrooms are awesome. Water pressure was great. Fridge and microwave provided. Housekeeping was awesome. The rooms are not vented very well though. You can hear conversations from other guests in their room. We easily seemed to have solved that problem by keeping the automatic fan on all night. We didn't hear any other conversations the whole two days we were there. The sleep number bed......I really don't get the "hoopla" associated with them. I don't like those beds. However, before leaving I always stripp the bed to assist the housekeeper whom has to clean the room. Absolutely no stains were on the mattress cover. BRIGHT white mattress pad....I was very impressed....I provided a picture.The hot tub was great.....yes it was really hot and clean. Very relaxing. Not much restaurants around the hotel other than Dave n Busters. Not that far from the beach. The Windows to the room cannot open though....for fresh air. I will definitely return to this property. Recognizing their concierge members would definitely go a long way though.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Clean, nicely decorated, great front desk clerks, nice pool, very comfortable bed, sufficient outlets for charging. They did a great job with this one. I think they went a step beyond what they "had" to do.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I read a review just before mine. Totally surprised, since it was totally out of alignment with most of the recent ones.

My own experience is this. We wanted to attend the free jazz festival that Jacksonville sponsors each year on this Memorial Day Weekend. Last year, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, on this same street (Salisbury Road) and had a good experience. So although I found some hotels at a decent price, I tried the well known hotel bidding service to get them even cheaper. I got this Radisson Jacksonville Hotel.

I define value as getting a little more, for a little less money. This place is 'great value'.

Location:
This hotel is just off of Butler Blvd and Interstate I-95. Located with other hotels is a business complex of four and five story office buildings. It is less than two minutes off of the highway.
As I once lived in Jacksonville, I know this (Butler Blvd area) neighborhood to be a good and relatively safe area to stay in.
There are no food places on this side of I-95. However, on the other side of the expressway you will find places like Cracker Barrel, Applebee's, Mcdonalds, Zaxby's and more. East of the hotel, about 6 minutes away is the St Johns Town Center. A really nice outdoor mall. Note: There is a Dave and Busters across the street from the hotel for kid friendly fun.

Outside Impression:
This hotel as well as the others on Salisbury Road, appears to be well maintained on the outside. There is adequate lighting in the parking lot, except at the far end. There is a short walk to the entrance.

Lobby and Check-In:
The lobby is bright and beige. It is extremely clean and makes a good first impression. There was a restaurant or eating space off to the side, but we didn't eat in the hotel at all.

Hallway:
The hallway to our room, was also very well lit and the carpet appeared to be new. We didn't 'smell' any bad odors or such while in the hallway or in the room.

Room:
When we opened the door, we were quite surprised. I always, expect a room to be decent, but it actually was very nice and bit upscale. My wife checked out the beds, and gave them the "OK". The room was not large, but it was well laid out, with nice furniture that did NOT appear to have much wear and tear. The wallpaper was a light color and as you can see in the photo, the credenza held the television, the drawers for clothes, coffee maker and microwave.

It had both a smoke detector, ac controller on the wall, security safe and separate closet that can be closed. A lot places skimp on these items.

The room was also very quiet, we didn't hear any of the neighbors in the hotel. Can't always say that either.

Wifi, well it was fast enough for me to watch two episodes of shows that I missed on my hulu account. There was a little buffering, but after that it ran smoothly.

Bed:
The room had two sleep number beds. You can actually dial in the amount of firmness that you want. I slept very well, and found the beds supportive.

Bathroom:
As you can tell by the photo, it is not very large. but it was adequate for only two people. A small family trying to chair such as a room, might have a little bit more challenge in moving around. I also like the fact, that is had some grab handles in the shower, even though it was not a room specifically designed for those with disabilities.

I saw this room on one of the websites for just under $100. It would have felt it was good for that price. However, getting it for less than that, made it really a great value.

Two important things:
1. The safe in the room would lock properly when we got to the hotel. When we called down to the front desk about it, the maintenance guy was up to our room in less than two minutes.
2. We missed checkout time because we were cruising around St Augustine and got caught up in the traffic. When we got back to the hotel, the front desk person, I think her name was "Lorraine" gave us absolutely NO fuss or headache about it and cheerfully re-activated out keys so we could get that one last shower in and head on out.

This was a good hotel experience and I define it as a great value!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Sometimes we are surprised about the reviews we can find here.
As a Club Carlson Concierge member, I really know about de standards this brand can bring us.

First, the reception desk is too high we can't sign a paper. In addition, all the lower floor smells bad. The reception staff goes to the front door smoke!!! And others go to the bathroom all the time to talk in private mobile!! I was not recognized as a Carlson Club member, they didnt even know what they had to do.

The fitness center is a joke! Only accomplish the brand standard they painted it in red, but, what was that? A very very small room!!! The ar conditioning was freezing. I ask to the staff to set it to a better temperature and he smiled telling it coundnt be. All the towels to pool and fitness make a real hill outside fitness, unbelievable. The restaurant is better than the rest of hotel.

Second, about the room, it needs a total renovation, urgently!! Not only the room, the entire hotel!!! The safebox was not working, cables passing by the room floor, bad pillows, I found a hair on towel, the carpet is dark and I stepped in a popcorn ( :-0 ). The arrangment seems they dont care about brand standards. I heard all they did in the next room! Omg! The bathroom is old!

Finally, this hotel doesnt own to this brand. We cannot compare it with Radisson Faria Lima, Radisson Vila Olimpia, Radisson Belem, Radisson Maceio, Radisson Curitiba, Radisson Orlando, Etc...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Jason S, Manager at Radisson Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel.

If you have a moment and are willing to share any specifics on these items it would help me to remedy these concerns. However, regardless of your response to my request I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard.

I'm hoping that you'll visit us again. If you'd like, you can reach me at 904-281-9700. It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer.

Been to Radisson Jacksonville Butler Boulevard? Share your experiences!