“mislead by pictures of hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1181 Airport Road, Jacksonville, FL 32218 (Formerly Jaxport Inn)   |
Ranked #109 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
pennsylvinna
“mislead by pictures of hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

This hotel is a party hotel,the rooms smelled like urine, there was bm on the comforter and the toilet paper dispencer.The three rooms we looked at were all filthy!!! I wouldn't let my dog stay there and they have the nerve to say no pets!!!The furniture was worn out.I was afraid to touch the light switches they were so nasty,all the walls were dirty,they need paint bad.To be very honest they need to close down and remodel.My husband over heard the cleaning staff state" they weren't paid enough to clean these nasty rooms.To be honest they need to hire people who know how to clean and pay them enough to keep them. Not happy with my stay at all very very nasty .we stayed one night and got out of that nasty place and found a very nice clean place to stay

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

Needing a place to stop for the night, we pulled in (no reservation). Had I read the reviews, I would have kept going, but it just proves what they say about opinions.......
The front desk people were nice and helpful, rate was $50, nice exterior, room OK, funky smell but clean, bed comfortable, carpet worn, continental breakfast the norm, next door to off site airport parking garage but no noise. The experience was about what I expected; not the Ritz but OK for one night.

• Liked — Location, price, front desk staff
  • Disliked — Room carpet worn, overall somewhat dated
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
effort pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2008

I mistakenly booked this room through Expedia I thought I was picking another hotel we previously stayed at. Expedia told me I was out of luck so here we are. I generally understand you get what you pay for but this hotel should be $19.99 a night.

When I arrived I new I was in trouble the guy at the desk was nice but it didn’t ease the anguish. The continental breakfast area had three tiny tables and a counter the size you would see in a residential kitchen. I guess you can buy oatmeal and a box of donuts from the local store and call that a continental breakfast. Besides the room smelling bad and the furniture you would see at a garage sale, not available in the room was shampoo and conditioner, iron and ironing board and a plastic laundry bag. When I grabbed the remote for the TV I had to laugh they had tape on the battery compartment.

Oh by the way I’m in the hotel writing this review on the bathroom counter using Travel Lodges wireless signal the Days Inn wireless signal is so weak I can’t connect. WARNING do not stay here. I was going to take pictures of the room but was to lazy if you don't believe me I invite you to come stay at the Jacksonville Airport Days Inn!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — quaility
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SFO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2006

Recently my husband and I were in Jacksonville, Florida to visit family and had an early morning flight back to the West Coast. We opted to stay near the airport and after looking at several locations on the internet chose Day's Inn not only because of price but because it promised a complimentary 24 hour shuttle service. The price was reasonable. We were checking in late in the evening and the front office was very accommodating. The room, however, was inferior. Parts of bathroom baseboards had rotted away. The shades on the front window hung haphazardly making it difficult to block out the flourescent lights from the parking which is very close to the front door. The lights in the room flickered on and off. The room smelled moldy and musty. We were thankful that we were there less than 8 hours. The shuttle service, however, was prompt but overcrowded. People actually sat on other's laps to get to the airport which was thankfully close. I expected more from this chain. They really need to remodel. I don't think I will ever stay another day in a Day's Inn.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2005

I should say that I don't exactly know how the hotel is because I did not get past the front desk ! My reservations were made 2 weeks prior to travel and a confirmation call was made the day before. Everything was fine up until I acually arrived with my family ( hum ) .
The front desk person was not at all friendly or accomadating. Down right Rude is putting it nicely. I recommend that you do "all" of your homework before making an attempt to stay here! I will never return to any Days Inn for fear when I and members of my family memebers "arrive " there will be some sort of problem , any sort probably :(

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!