“My Saturdays are a hot mess.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #266 of 1,739 restaurants in Jacksonville
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Jacksonville
“My Saturdays are a hot mess.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm here at least twice a week. On Saturday you must try a really hot mess. I come here to get away from all the madness at work. Love it!
Oh they also have the best Italian grilled cheese

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Headed south”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Took the forty mile drive because of the Robert Irvine's show. Sure enough the decor looks like the Restaurant Impossible redo. Management was not recognizable.
Tried the chicken and biscuits (not the way Robert taught them). Certainly not worth the
ride for us. $$ versus value not there.
Regrettably the Olive Garden would have been a better choice.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not bad but there are better choices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice hearing the Restaurant Impossible story. Overpriced and nothing special. Good service nice atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Beautiful decor, so-so breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I loved how beautifully decorated this restaurant was, though not really "garden" like. But I didn't come here for the decor, I came for a really good breakfast. The ham and cheese omelet was more like a crepe. It had a really thin layer of filling which had a disappointing flavor as well. My husbands French toast was nice and thick, but the strawberry topping looked and tasted like Smuckers jam. He enjoyed it still, but I think overall we paid too much. Maybe their lunches are better, but the breakfast I would do without.

• Visited May 2013
The Colony, Texas
“A hidden gem, for sure =)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a hidden gem for sure. First time visitor and I can honestly say, I LOVED the food. When I saw some of the reviews on here, I have to admit, I was skeptical. However, we were promptly and politely greeted and were told to have a seat anywhere we'd like. I ordered a sweet tea and it was at my table in less than 5 minutes. The food took about half an hour, but I was catching up with a former co-worker, so I didn't mind the wait. I highly recommend the roasted red pepper and tomato soup, the bacon, lettuce, and fried green tomato sandwich, and the mixed greens with honey dijon dressing. The food tastes like it was made from scratch. You can also substitute french fries for a dollar if salad is not your thing. The food here is great. I imagine you couldn't go wrong with just about anything on the menu. They have a wide variety of food to appease even the pickiest of eaters. I think I might try the shrimp and grits next time. I will definitely be back =)

• Visited April 2013