“Excellent Hotel for the Airport Traveler” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13200 International Airport Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32218   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #39 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Wilmington, Delaware
“Excellent Hotel for the Airport Traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2008

We stayed at this hotel recently because our party of four had very early departures from Jacksonville Airport. Once we got past the longest check-in procedure of my life the five of us were OK once they figured out that the 200lb men weren't sharing single beds. The front desk clerk methodically reassigned us to rooms with 2 queen beds each as we tried not to fall asleep waiting. He never should have given up the French Fry-maker job.

This hotel is an excellent value and maybe a <1/2 mile from the airport. I was very skeptical when the room clerk emeritus said that the complimentary airport shuttle ran 24-hours a day and that it would arrive within 5 minutes of me alerting the hotel staff of my need. They 100% accurate. I asked for the shuttle at 4:55 am and it was there at 5 am. We were the closest hotel to the airport and I was inside the airport by 5:10 am. Another great thing was that they have a complimentary continetal breakfast (drinks, coffee, yogurt, cereal, bread/bagels) available at 4:30 am. Since my flight departed at 6:20 am, this was perfect.

The rooms had plenty of space, ironing board/iron, fridge, comfortable bedding and were an 8 out 10 on cleanliness.

Loads of chain restuarants are nearby if you have a car. They are not pedestrian (sidewalk) friendly to access. Restaurant food delivery is available at the hotel.

Nothing fancy about the place but they offer an excellent value and convenience for airport travelers.

• Liked — Price and Location near Airport
  • Disliked — Checkin
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
naples fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2008

Went to the stadium there in Jacksonville for a football game.
But I read the reviews here online and I had never heard of this
hotel chain before. With all the good reviews and the price. I thought I could not go wrong and we did not.
The room was modern , clean and up to date.
It was such a bargain
the beds were very comortable and the flat screen TV was a nice touch . The only thing was that the breakfast was few in choices.
Only cold items , not all that pleased with that . But still would return with a smile on my face.

• Liked — the room was clean, and new
  • Disliked — breakfast could have better selections,
  • Stayed September 2008
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

This hotel was not too far from I95/I275 Junction and only a about a mile off of the interstate. The husband and I stayed here to rest one night from a long car ride. The rooms were very clean, new and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and over accommodating. We stayed in a studio suite room and it was a little small, as was the restroom. Also, it did not have a fridge in the room, but it was a great value for our short stay in Jax. They had a few items for breakfast, not much, but enough.

• Liked — Great value for price
  • Disliked — Small stuido rooms
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

I had a great stay at this hotel. Brought the family in for the weekend, and the kids wouldn't get out of the pool. It was a very affordable stay, and the staff was very hospitable. We allready plan on coming back in a couple months for another weekend retreat!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
portclinton,Oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

Brand new Hotel, flat screen TV's, New design. Best price for area. Can't beat this one. I highly recomend it.

• Liked — new hotel, clean
  • Disliked — no resturants
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

Great location, very nice and clean hotel. We spent our wedding night there because we had an early flight out of Jacksonville airport the next morning. We arrived very late but the front desk attendant was very nice and immediately upgraded our room once he saw we just got married. The hotel was new and the rooms were decorated perfectly. An added bonus was having a large flatscreen in the room. The room was very clean, we didn't get much time to enjoy it because we only had a couple hours before we had to leave again. When we got up there was a free continental breakfast waiting for us. They then had a free shuttle bus take us directly to the airport. We paid $69 for the night and was worth every cent. If you need to stay close to the airport like we did, this place is your best bet!

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

I have been an avid fan of the Microtel brand since I discovered it about ten years ago. It is a great stay for an "easy on the wallet" rate. About a week ago, I flew into JAX on a business trip. I stayed in a very clean, modern, and comfortable room. I believe my rate was around 62 dollars with my AAA card, but after seeing the room I would of paid twice as much. A large LCD tv, shuttle service to and from the airport, and a free continental breakfast were all all included in this rate. If I have ever have to do business in Jacksonville again, I know I have a great, reasonably priced place to stay.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!