“Not great but you get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13200 International Airport Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32218   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #40 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Not great but you get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed here one night on route to another locale. Had we not checked in after eleven and only staying one night we would have left or moved rooms. The room was not clean. Toilet dirty, towels had cigarette burns, sheets looked dingy. The table under the tv had not been wiped. Then the noise was literally the worst. Party till three am, laughing, yelling, slamming doors. Front desk said it was a family reunion. There are other places near the airport defintely in my opinion worth the extra fifteen bucks that exceeded my expectations In the past. I didn't get much rest here.

• Stayed August 2013
Ben M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! We work each day to ensure a quality experience for each of our guests, and I want to personally apologize for failing to deliver on that promise during your recent stay with us. I do have some questions regarding your visit, however. Please contact me directly so that we might clarify some items that you mentioned. Our inspection process includes preventive measures to avoid items such as you detailed. Thank you again for your feedback! Ben Murray, General Manager, Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. The room was acceptable, and there is a shuttle that goes to nearby River City Marketplace. However, the staff was not very friendly or helpful. David at the front desk was extremely rude and not very accommodating at all. We also had issues with housekeeping. Housekeeping staff are overwhelmed and management should hire more hotel staff. The bed linens were not cleaned properly. We had to request for our sheets and comforter to be changed when we arrived at 3am. We came back to our room two days in a row, after shopping and outings, to find that the room was not refreshed. Overall, the room is satisfactory but the staff needs coursework on hotel etiquette and professionalism. Management was not friendly or visible at all!

Room Tip: *Stay closer to downtown Jacksonville.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ben M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write! It is our most sincere desire to see the expectations of our guests exceeded every time, and we failed to achieve that goal during your recent stay with us, for which I offer my personal apology. In a service oriented environment communication is the key to success, and our ability to deliver an amazing experience to our guests. As the stewards of those lines of communication is our responsibility to broker understanding, and to that end we have posted your feedback for the review of our team, with the hope that sharing your experience will reinforce the need to strive for continual improvement. I certainly hope that you will offer us another chance to demonstrate our ability to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your response! Ben Murray, General Manager, Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport
Baltimore, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed here in August 2012. The hotel was ok. It is not as glamorous as the stock photos make it out to be however the staff was kind. The rooms are are small (like you would expect in Europe) but they were decent. A few things were dirty like the microwave and some of the accessories in the bathroom. If the hotel paid better attention to the cleaning details, I would say it was a bargain. As is, on a scale of 1-10, I would give it a 6.5.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the feedback! Did you know that your rewards membership offers complimentary room type upgrades? You can enjoy the spacious Junior Suite at the standard price during your next visit, just stop by our front desk and we will take it from there! Thank you again for your response! Ben Murray, General Manager, Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport
DE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stopped here at 1am on 16 aug. Purchased 2 rooms room 1 had hair, pubic & other all over sheets/pillows of both beds. Floor was not vacuumed with dirty toothbrush on floor. 2nd room not vacuumed, bugar in sheets as kids got in bed!
Requested new room, same thing hairs all over and filthy gross floor. Brought pillows to front desk to show him, he handed us a new room key and was non apologetic and not surprised (blamed a new made)
Third room sheets seemed clean, floor not vacuumed, then to finish it off a centipede crawled across the bathroom floor. The halls and vacuumed were both filthy full of carpet debris and candy wrappers.
Went to front desk it was 2:30am by now desk clerk took room keys as I told him it was just to filthy and gross here. He again blamed the new maid and stated he'd forward this to the manager and have him reimburse our two rooms on our credit card as he does not have the authority.
I called the manager the following day and left a voicemail expressing my concern with what we dealt with at his hotel and to ensure our credit card get reimbursed.
I never received a call back or response and the charges are still on our credit card and weren't reimbursed. I have contacted my credit card company to report fraudulent charges.
Poor quality, customer service I don't recommend you try this.
Went to Hyatt place down the street they treated us great, amazing rooms that sleep 6 for $70, free hot breakfast, and CLEAN!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! It is always our goal to deliver a consistently perfect stay, and I would like to personally apologize for failing to provide to you an experience comparable to our incredibly high standards. I would like to offer assurance that no charges were applied, and hope that you will offer us another opportunity serve you, and thereby demonste the aberrant nature of your experience. Thank you again for taking the time to write! Ben Murray, General Manager, Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

First of all, I want to commend this hotel for treating its customers like royalty! I was accidentally given a room that hadn't been properly cleaned. The hotel manager apologized profusely and upgraded my room to a junior suite to make up for the mistake. I appreciated the fact that my concerns about the room were taken seriously, and the hotel manager went above and beyond what I expected his response to be once I complained. Based on how I was treated, I can easily overlook one small mistake. Overall, the service at this hotel was excellent, and the staff was very professional and nice.

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and recommend it. It is a microtel so it's nothing fancy or above average, but it's nice. The King bed was very comfortable, and it was nice to have a sofa in the room. The suite itself was somewhat small and the furniture was plain. My only complaints: the sofa had dirt spots on it, and the toilet should've been cleaned better.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the review! We value your feedback, as it serves as the barometer by which we measure our success! We have posted your response for the review of our team, in the hopes that they will find inspiration in your acknowledgement of their efforts. Thank you again! Ben Murray, General Manager, Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!