“Better than home!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Anchorage, Alaska
“Better than home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed here for one night although this is an extended stay hotel. I have NOTHING bad to say about this hotel. From the moment I walked to the counter to check in was a pleasant experience. My circumstances were a little unusual. This was the starting place for a cross-country trip from Florida to my home in Alaska by motorcycle. I made my reservation several months before the start of my adventure. The logistics of such a large trip meant I needed to ship a lot of motorcycle parts, luggage, clothes, and assorted gear to my starting destination. Because this Staybridge caters to business people quite a bit, they had no problem accepting packages for me and holding them. And without so much as a grumble! After checking in and collecting all my packages (more than the luggage cart could carry), I found my room and was overwhelmed! Lots of space, great furnishings, comfortable bed, kitchenette that was well stocked with wares, and everything was clean clean clean. The staff was exceptional. Each and every one was friendly and made sure I was treated like family. I made a request to the maintenance person to borrow a cordless drill for 30m minutes to assemble a piece of equipment. he delivered it to me and asked if there was anything else I might need for my project. He took a personal interest to make sure I was taken care of. As he was getting off work at that time, he told me to just keep it for the night. So much trust shown to a stranger! The front desk staff was just as wonderful. They tolerated my mechanic work on the new bike out in the parking lot to add all the equipment needed for my trip. On checking out, the young lady at the desk noticed I had cut my hand and was trying not to bleed on the papers. She pulled out a huge first aid kit and gave me enough band aids and alcohol wipes for a couple of days.
Overall, I can only describe my experience as "better than home"!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Wow, what an exciting adventure you have embarked on!!! So glad you chose to stay with us to start your journey! Thank you for your kind words about our staff and your accommodations; we are thrilled that we could assist you in any way. Enjoy your trip and be safe! Hope to see you again!

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was impressed. This was an End of the Year trip for my Girl Scout troop. I book everything way in advance under a group rate. I usually follow up several times as the date nears but this time I did not and everything went super smooth. Some checked in on Friday and some on Saturday with no problem. The hotel is awesome the room was great and felt like home. The bed was very comfortable. Having the kitchen was a big help to me because we has 3 kids with us and did not have to pay to eat out we cooked hotdogs in the room. The kitchen was stocked with everything you need to perpare a meal. Also has a diswasher and a garbage disposal. They also had a very nice breakfast in the morning from 7:30- 10:30am. All was clean and well maintained. I didn’t visit the gym or the pool as we just ran out of time. I did go in the business center to play candy crush for a while….LOL. Someone in our group did take advantage of the laundry area. Overall this was a great stay and I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a high quality stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thanks so much for your kind review of our hotel! So glad you enjoyed your visit here and that the suites had all you needed to feel at home! Hope to see you again!
BONITA SPRINGS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This hotel is in a great location, a block off a busy street so no traffic noise. Suites are spacious, and allow for a comfortable place to visit separate from the bedroom area. The hotel is in need of some updating, but overall a very good experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience while staying with us! We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again!
Ada, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stayed 4 nights while visiting Mayo Clinic. They offer a nice Mayo Clinic rate, which is very nice to find during a stressful time. Had a one bedroom (2 double beds) suite; found to be very well appointed - pretty much everything you need. Mattresses were not the most comfortable, but folded the duvet and put that under the sheet and it was much better. Towels were very nice! Enjoyed the outdoor house cats :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments about you recent stay here! I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! We do hope you will stay with us again when returning to the area!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I recently enjoyed a four night stay here while in JAX on business along with four other colleagues. The hotel exceeded my expectations for "home away from home.

The location of the hotel seemed to be more conveninet for the business-traveler; and the majority of the clientele seemed to be staying there on business. What little freetime we had was spent driving at least 20 - 30 minutes to get to other areas (St. Augustine, Jax beaches) so leisure travelers might be able to better utilize their time by staying closer to those areas.

The accommodations were modern, spacious and well-maintained. I was one of the lucky ones in our group that did get a suite. My room had a fully equipped kitchen (you provide your own food, of course) and living room with a separate bedroom with two large beds and bathroom. Others in our group had "studio suites" with combined living/sleeping/kitchen space.

Daily housekeeping did an impeccable job which included providing ample towels.

The daily breakfast included a variety of fruits, juice, cereals, pastries, yogurt, waffles as well as eggs and bacon. A "social" is held each weeknight which includes a variety of beer, wine, soda, salad bar as well as food and snacks that change each night.

Staff was welcoming and attentive to each guest's needs and requests. I arrived into JAX on a later flight, checked in and immediately went to dinner before spending much time in my room. It was midnight when I returned and there seemed to be a problem with the A/C as the room was uncomfortably warm. I reported it to the front-desk (I wish I had written down the name of the girl working that night as she deserves recognition.) She came up to my room to try to adjust the thermostat. She was able to adjust the air in the bedroom which was most important to me so that I could sleep comfortably before an early start the next morning. She assured me that she would have someone fix the problem in the living room the next morning. I was relieved the next day (which of course was warm and "damp" outside) to return to working a/c.

Overall, the hotel and it's staff exceeded my expectations. I will return to the hotel on future business and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Staybridge Suites to other colleagues/corporate-clients traveling to JAX

Room Tip: For the slight rate-increase, I suggest booking a one-bedroom suite vs. their studio-suite. Ground-f...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you so very much for your kind words and for sharing your experience about your visit here with us! So glad to hear you enjoyed your "home away from home"! We hope to see you again!
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Located close to Town Center, and relatively close to the beaches. Despite the word "Suite" in the hotel name, their most common room is not really a Suite. its just a room; and its really annoying that many IHG properties use the term "Suite" for both Suites and some rooms. The real Suites at this hotel are called "1bedroom Suite" (or 2 bedroom )
If you are a Platinum member, do not expect much recognition of your status. They might give you an upgrade, but you will have to ask several times for it. Unfortunately, it is not unique for a lot of IHG hotels to "hide" upgrades. Food choices are OK in the morning, there are also evening snacks on select weekdays that are decent. Unfortunately, I was able to hear a person snoring next door as loudly as it were happening in my room. The shampoo bottle in my room was used up by someone else which kind of made me wonder if the room was even cleaned before I arrived. On the bright side, there are a lot of hotels to choose from nearby.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I am so sorry that you were disappointed with your visit with us. I can assure you that we will address your housekeeping concerns as we typically have very good housekeeping reviews. All of our rooms are suites and while we do offer three different types, they all include a fully equipped kitchen. We do try our hardest to honor Platinum member upgrade requests as we value our Platinum members, however, we have had a number of sold out nights and can only accommodate requests based on our open availability. I do thank you for letting us know your thoughts as all feedback, positive and negative, helps us toward our goal of always looking for ways to improve.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We had a great experience here during our 1 night stay. We were given a two room suite which was very nice! We didn't have a need to use the kitchen area but the sitting area was roomy and comfortable. Loved the bed! We stayed at four different hotels during our trip and my husband said this was the most comfortable bed and the best sleep of the trip. The only complaint that I have doesn't reflect on the facility itself but more on the policies in place. The hotel is pet friendly which is great, I have pets of my own so am an animal lover. The problem was that during breakfast, a gentleman had his dog with him, walking on a leash through the serving area. He then proceeded to sit at a table, pull a chair out for his dog, place the dog on it, and feed the dog on the chair. It was a little nasty but apparently an accepted practice as no one asked him to move the dog. But again, the hotel was great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay! We are so glad you enjoyed your visit here!!! I appreciate you letting us know about the pet in the dining area. Pets are not allowed in the dining area during meal hours and I apologize that our staff associate did not let that guest know. We absolutely needed to know that so that we can be sure to remind our food service associates of the policy on that. Thanks again and we hope to see you again!!!!

Been to Staybridge Suites Jacksonville? Share your experiences!