“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #14 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had a choice of staying at this property or another extended stay property. I was glad I chose this one. I've stayed at this property twice, and both times I checked in early-evening. And both times I had the pleasure of being checked in by the same clerk. She was wonderful the first time and just as wonderful the second time. She even remembered me from the first visit. A pleasure to speak with. That makes for a great start to your stay.The property is very clean, the rooms are very clean, the beds are comfortable, and the amenities are great. Love the kitchenette, even though I didn't cook. Breakfast is great. I will return when I'm in the area again. You'll enjoy the stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us! We strive to perform a "home away from home" and I am so glad that you enjoyed your accommodations and our breakfast! Also, thanks for staying with us a second time and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Arlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed with our dog for a night. The gentleman at the front desk (Billy?) gave us a room on the first floor near the exit so it was easy to take the dog out. The room was large and well arranged. The free breakfast was a huge selection of hot and cold choices. Nice and quiet, great sleep, just what we needed.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, ask for room 133.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are happy to be "pet friendly" as it is so important for families to be able to travel with their beloved pets! I will share your comments with Billy and the rest of our staff as well! We hope to see you again during your next visit to Jacksonville!
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights on a business trip. I checked in around 11pm and there were 2 staff who attended to my check in. They were efficient. Breakfast is the same as in other Staybridge properties.

The room was clean and the internet was fast.

The location is perfect as there's a Publix supermarket on the other side of the road, a CVS Pharmacy around the corner, and good restaurants within a mile of the property. It's also less than 10 minutes away from the office.

There were only 2 problems with this property - the washing machine takes too long to finish the wash cycle and the pillows were so small. There were no regular sized pillows.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
StaybridgeJax, Manager at Staybridge Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us! I appreciate your kind words and will check into the functionality of the washing machines. I do hope that you will stay with us again should you have reason to return to the Jacksonville area!
Bartow, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We "Pricelined" (used the 'Express Deal' option) and paid $59 for 1 night and this is the "9/10 Excellent" rated hotel in which we were placed. Couldn't have been happier! The location is closest to my parents (in Grove Park area of Jacksonville's southside) and we had a great stay.
We arrived early (around 1 p.m. on 1/20/2013) and were quickly greeted and courteously checked in. Our host (sorry - forgot his name, but a nice British gentleman) let us know that we could call ahead and let them know we needed accommodation for 3 adults (preferred 2 regular beds - not just bed + sofa bed) and if they have availability, they'd pre-assign us to that type room. Fortunately, they had a 2 double bed suite available and ready (room 403). (Bear in mind that in "Pricelined" acquired rooms, room types cannot be guaranteed - it would be whatever is available. Most of the time this works in our favor, but always be prepared to accept whatever is available to you.)
Arriving in our suite - we found it VERY clean and in excellent condition. The 'living' area was comprised of sofa, arm chair, 2 small tables (which made a great coffee table), HDTV, desk w/ chair, 'dining' counter w/ 2 chairs, and another narrower table next to a kitchenette area. This kitchenette contained a 2 burner cooktop, microwave, full size fridge w/ freezer & icemaker, sink, full size dishwasher, nice supply of dishes & cookware along w/ extra storage. There was also a toaster & coffee maker with Wolfgang Puck coffee and a few tea bags.
From there a set of small double doors opened into a bedroom with 2 double (not queen) beds (plush, clean, and comfortable). There was also a nightstand between the beds as well as a bedside table by the bed nearest the bath area. The only reason I'm rating the sleep quality a 4 out of 5 is that the beds were 'double' instead of queen beds. However, I also realize that queen beds would not have fit in that space. Actual comfort of the beds were good...just a little tight fit for this 'oversize' family. There was also a full sized HDTV in the bedroom in addition to the one in the living room area. (Nice when one of us didn't want to watch the football game.)
Next to the bedroom was a nice vanity with underneath storage shelves and hair dryer across from a nice closet with shelving, iron, ironing board.
Once through the vanity/closet area (open to the bedroom) was a toilet next to a tub/shower combination. They also provided a rubber bath mat to prevent slips and there was a handrail (which I forgot to report was loose). The towels were of sufficient number and variety and were nice sizes and very plush - esp. for a hotel in this price range (rack rate would have been $119). The shower/tub surround was one piece which looked like a tiled area - but very nice and very clean. It looked good but was low maintenance (no grout to harbor bacteria/mold).
The water was 'softened' so it is hard to feel like you've removed all the soap. This seems to be a common practice in many hotels (esp. in Jacksonville) since it probably preserves the plumbing from the hard minerals in the water there.
After a quiet night's sleep, we enjoyed a hot breakfast with nice variety of well prepared (albeit heat & eat type omelets & sausage - but still good) foods. The waffles were 'make your own' which were especially good. The hostess who looked after the breakfast area was friendly and kept everything stocked and clean and yet was 'inobtrusive.'
We were VERY pleased with our first stay in this hotel and hope to stay there again. We frequently (usually at least once a month) stay in southside Jacksonville area hotels (visiting family) and this is so far the best 'bang for the buck.' The others have been equally as clean and friendly, but didn't offer the extra space and kitchen options. Also - this hotel had the best 'included' breakfast!
We frequently stay in hotels - primarily 3 start or above and this accommodation was 4 to 5 star quality at a conservative 3 star price.
Thank you Staybridge Suites for a great stay! We plan to return!
(Regarding the pictures...I took these 'spur of the moment' as we were about to leave the room from our stay - thus unmade beds, used towels, etc.)

Room Tip: Top floors, away from elevators are usually quieter (true in most hotels).
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review and kind comments regarding your recent stay with us! I am so happy that you enjoyed our staff and your accommodations as we strive to provide the best service possible and we measure our progress with comments and customer feedback! We hope to see you again soon!!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I have been staying with this particular staybridge for last 4 years. I will not stay at any other hotel. They treat me as if was family and with the up most respect. They knew me by name the first stay. That was a real surprise. I stay in alot of hotels and have never been referred to by my first name or for that matter even my last name . The management and staff were truly amazing. They never left me wanting more from them. The social hour they offer has allowed me to interact with people all over the world.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind words regarding your stay with us and your experience with our staff! Our goal at Staybridge Suites is to make every guest feel at home and your feedback is important to us in order to ensure that we are staying on track with that goal! I do hope you meet you in person on a future visit to Jacksonville!
Palm City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I cannot praise Staybridge Suites Jacksonville highly enough. My husband and I stayed for 3 nights and the staff were so friendly and helpful. We were going on a cruise and all the staff made our stay very confortable and stress free. Every question we asked at reception was answered politely and speedily. I want to especially commend Billy and Ana but would add that absolutely every member of staff were fantastic. We loved the hot and cold buffet style breakfast, as well as the free dinner, beer and wine Social.
Our room was spacious and comfortable and the mattress on our bed was superb. We stayed in several Intercontinental hotels but Staybrindge Suites Jacksonville we rate as the BEST!

Room Tip: Big spatious rooms with full kitchens. Top floor very quiet!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to provide comments regarding your recent stay with us! I also appreciate your recognition of Billy and Ana too! We take pride in trying to make each of our guests feel at home while they are with us and it is nice to hear that our team continues to strive for that goal! We hope that you stay with us again soon!
Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

“Had another wonderful stay at the Staybridge Suites in Jacksonville over the Thanksgiving weekend. We visit the Jacksonville area every couple of months to do some shopping at St. John’s Town Center (we live in Savannah) and this is the only hotel we consider our “home away from home”. It is pet friendly, the staff is outstanding, and the hotel and rooms are exceptionally clean. Definitely a 5 star in our book!”

Room Tip: Great pet friendly hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you very much for returning to stay with us again! Also, I would like to thank you for taking the time to express your experiences here and for your kind words! Our team strives to make every guest feel at home and we share all comments with them. Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and we hope to see you again!

Been to Staybridge Suites Jacksonville? Share your experiences!