“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My family and I stayed here just to get away from the ordinary. We really enjoyed staying at this hotel. It was super clean, comfortable and the staff was great. The location is great and convenient to everything. we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
AHH, just get away. Don't we all wish we could do that every so often? With most of the staff that opened the hotel still here after 4 years don't forget about us the next time that a little R&R is needed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
tallahassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is my 2nd stay in here in the last 4 weeks. Never stayed @ a Staybridge. Rooms are spacious. Billy @ the counter is very nice guy. Love the free beer & wine T-Th and food if you want it. Close to St Johns town center (shopping). Very close to my work when I come to Jax. Publix across the street, CVS on the corner. Close to great dining options. Will continue to stay here going forward. No complaints here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We hope that the second stay convinced you that Staybridge Suites is the best kept secret in the Southside area. Many travellers have not heard of us but when they get the chance to stay, they are usually hooked. We hope that you will tell your coworkers.
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I came to the Staybridge Suites with two of my co-workers after a HORRIBLE experience at another hotel chain in Jacksonville. When Billy (Front Desk) heard about our bad experience, he went out of his way to make sure that we would be happy. He even offered to show us a room before checking in to make sure that we liked it.

The hotel is beautiful and well-kept. Every single employee that we encountered treated us like we were royalty, but I can point out that Billy and Tony were the best.

The cats are very friendly as well!

Room Tip: Hotel is non-smoking, but if you ask the front desk for a room near an exit, they will accommodate.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for giving Billy kudos by name. Billy has been with us for 4 years now and has been a wonderful person to have working our front desk from 3-11. I often find guests sitting at the front desk for hours on end conversating with him. He truly creates the atmosphere that we are striving for. Comfortable, home like where you don't have to feel like a stranger and stay in your room all night when on the road.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here for one night, and was very pleased. Check-in and check-out were top notch service experiences. Hotel is in great shape inside and out, in a good area, and very close to a lot of restaurants and shopping. Breakfast buffett was well maintained, had a lot of choices and mostly very good quality vs similar buffets. Requested and got upgraded to a suite (as Priority Club member). Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I just arrived home from the Staybridge Suites in Jacksonville, and I am already missing my room! It's a four-year old property that offers a ton of amenities. Each suite has a nice-sized living room, a full kitchen with a stove, microwave, fridge and a breakfast bar, plus a large bedroom. In terms of space, it's fantastic. There is lots of room to spread out and work, or relax on the sofa and watch tv. The hotel is extremely quiet, which is wonderful. I worked from the suite every day for over a week, and the whole time I was there, I never heard a sound. I never heard anything at night either, which made for an extremely restful sleep. I found the bed to be very comfortable as well. In the morning, they have a full hot breakfast with anything you could want, including delicious, fresh made Belgian waffles. 24 hour coffee is available in the lobby, which is just heavenly if you're a late riser like me. On Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, they offer a fantastic complimentary happy hour, complete with wine, beer, and the fixings to make a light dinner (chili, salad, and on one night, a bar-b-que).The pool and whirlpool are on the small side, but were not at all crowded, and I enjoyed swimming several times while gazing up at the pine trees. There are many positives to discuss, but I think the absolute best feature of the hotel is, by far, the staff. Obviously, they are well-trained in customer service, because they were exceptionally friendly and accommodating. I am a very late sleeper, and don't wake up until noon on some days as I make my own work schedule and am generally up very late. Every day, around 2:00 p.m., I would go down and ask to have housekeeping sent up, and like clockwork, the housekeeping staff would come in and make the room look like new. Everyone who works at the hotel was always wearing a smile, and it was easy to see that they truly understand the idea of "hospitality." Another wonderful aspect of staying there was the fact that it is directly across the street from a shopping center. Since my friend would take the rental car during the day (she was there on business), I was without a car, so I could easily walk right across the street and have lunch or get a manicure/pedicure at the exceptionally clean salon there. The location is also very convenient to many places of interest, such as the beach, the "town center" and the Riverside/Avondale neighborhood. It's also a short 45 minute drive to the spectacular St. Augustine. We had so much fun each evening and on the weekend, exploring the various areas. Even though it's good to be home, I have to say I miss the comfy chair, blackout curtains and personal touch of the staff (including complimentary popcorn in the room!) If you want a spacious, clean hotel with a super friendly staff and lots of extras, this is the place for you!

Room Tip: the 4th floor was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to get out of the hotel and go see the surrounding area of Jacksonville. If a week was too short try us for month next time. I guarantee you will love it even more!
West Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We needed a place to stay last winter, for a family member's funeral. The room and the amenities were just perfect. The rates were comparable to what we would have paid for a plain room somewhere else, and I really liked that there was breakfast and a light dinner served, as well. It was conveniently located, and everyone was very helpful with directions and anything else we needed. The room was very comfortable, and we were upgraded to a suite. The kitchen was perfect, as were the grills outside for patron use.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear that you were only in town for a funeral but I do thank you for the opportunity to provide you with a peacefull rest while staying with us.
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My father died a couple weeks ago and I had to be in Jacksonville for an extended period for the funeral and to handle his affairs. The Staybridge Suites seemed like the perfect choice because they boasted full kitchens plus separate living areas, plus the cost was the same or less than other hotels in the area.

This place has all of that, and more. The Staybridge staff was always pleasant and accomodating, and the rooms were nicely appointed. There was a low bar with chairs for eating, a separate desk and chair, a living room ensemble (couch, chair, coffee table, big-screen TV, DVD player), and my bedroom had two double beds with nightstands, a chest of drawers, and another big-screen TV. I believe the double beds were actually super singles, though. They have a pool, and a 24-hr Pantry where you could grab snacks, drinks, or something you forgot from home.

Every morning we would go downstairs to eat the free breakfast buffet which changed a little bit every day, but basically we had either scrambled eggs and bacon, or pre-made cheese omelets and Canadian bacon. Also offered was a wafflemaker, syrup, butter, yogurt, bagels, cereal, milk, coffee, three juices, fresh fruit, etc.

Three nights a week (Tues-Thurs) they had free drinks (beer included) and food, such as pasta. It was nice not to have to go out if you didn't want to, but who wouldn't want to when there are literally dozens of great restaurants in the area. Right across Southside Blvd there are several that I can think of off the top of my head (TGIFriday's, Hooter's, Wild Wing Cafe, Tilted Kilt, Seven Bridges Grille, Jacksonville Ale House) besides fast-food, of course. Not to mention Tinseltown, a multi-screen movie theater. There is also a CVS pharmacy right next door to the hotel, and Publix is across Touchton as well behind Copeland's, which used to be a great restaurant where you could get awesome Cajun food. I went there once during my stay and the prices had been jacked up, the drinks watered down, and the food was awful. Really disappointing because my dad & I used to eat there all the time, and I was looking forward to memories of Dad. Meh.

Going across Southside Blvd onto Gate Pkwy and driving through the area, you would arrive at Towne Center, which is a huge mall area with many more restaurants (Cheesecake Factory, Bahama Breeze, Mimi's Cafe, PF Chang, to name a few), and some very upscale shops among your normal Mall offerings -- their having a Tiffany was a shock to me ;-).

It's also a hop, skip, and a jump from the beach, which is about 15 minutes away. I took my family to Joe's Crab Shack at the beach and it was a lot of fun. Of course the food isn't what it looks like on the commercials, there's not that much in those buckets, but it was good, and it's the atmosphere that draws you in. And if you're there over a weekend, don't miss St. Augustine, an easy 30-minute drive south to the Oldest City in the US.

After being at the Staybridge Suites for a week, I can honestly say that everything was more than satisfactory and as long as this level of service and amenities continues, I will stay there every time I go back to Jacksonville. I am staying there again this weekend, and this time we got the two-bedroom suite. I am looking forward to leaving another positive review about this great hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I am so sorry to hear about your father passing away. In this world there is nothing more important than family.

Our hotel was designed to create an atmosphere of shared experiences and to give you some of the comforts of home because we know that being away from family and home are hard things to bear.

I hope you enjoy the two bedroom two bathroom suite this weekend and wish you all the best during your time of grieving.