“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bayern
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This HolidayInn seems to be new or well maintained. Everything is superclean and smells good. Rooms are nice, spacious and very quiet. Sleeping experiece was awesome. The hotel has a nice bar and a restaurant included. The staff was very friendly during check-in and very helpful with directions and recommandations for dinner. I will definetly come back to this hotel when in the area again.
Only "minus" is that there is no breakfest included like at a HIE.

Room Tip: Try to get a Double-Queen room because most of them are located on the backside of the hotel and are...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Regi P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Hello and Thank You:

We truly appreciate your excellent review of our hotel; we like to call it home as it is home for many of our business travelers. Our team smiles when we know that we've made our guests happy; so again thank you very much.

As information the hotel opened in 2008, but we do work to keep it looking and smelling good for our valued guests. You mentioned the breakfast having a price. To help you understand, the "express hotel's/Inns", provide the continential breakfast which does not require the overhead of a full-service hotel. Our breakfast is freshly prepared verses the pre-cooked and warmed continental breakfasts for that grab and go guest. We offer a dining experience. There is someone to serve you; pour your coffee or bring you water, juice or order your eggs the way you prefer. There are cooks in the kitchen preparing just for you.

We are happy you enjoyed staying with us; please come again so we can dote on you and take excellent care of you while you are with us. Have an amazing week!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Fruitland Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed at this location for Business in Jacksonville, I was there three nights to remodel a Big box store in the area, It was a referral from a Business Partner.
Overall it was clean, and Convenient for my needs.
Finding the Location was not easy, didn't show up in my GPS, and with No sign to show there is Holiday inn Behind the Condos and a car dealership Its very tricky at night! I know there is a Sign ordinance in the town, Maybe you all can spray paint the street sign pole Holiday In green! lol
The room is Clean and Comfy, I had a room with Two queen beds very comfy.
Shower with no tub, clean and well stocked with nice towels!
My only issue was, I had a room towards the highway Very Noisy!!! Next time I will request a higher floor facing the Backside of the Hotel, Traffic sound wasn't easy to sleep with.
I had a Issue with My AC, it would blow hot air or it would just stop working, I told the front desk, they sent someone up, But i think they just turned it off to reset, cause when I returned to my room it was warm and not on, so I turned it back on, and it work for awhile, then went back on the fritz:( I will be returning to the area alot, and I would give it a try again! But hopefully with a room with a good AC unit!

Room Tip: AWAY from the highway side! high floor facing the backside of the property.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Regi P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hello Soapster1,

Thank you for your open and candid response, and please accept our humble and sincere apology for any discomfort. We truly love when our guests share with us as it does help us to raise the bar and better serve, which is our constant goal.

I love that you gave us thumbs up and are willing to try us again. We are listening. As to the noise, truly the lion share of our guests never hear the noise from the highway, while our light sleepers find the noise a bear. We are looking into methods to resovle this issue. Please when you are with us again make us aware so we can place you away from the traffic side. I'm with you Soapster1, I wish we could paint a green Holiday Inn logo on the streets, but we can't, so we're working on other methods.

When you are in with us again, please stop by and share with me personally; I'd love to meet you as our guests are truly special. Thank you for sharing your experience with us; I'm looking forward to your visit and your raving follow-up review.
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Home sweet home away from home. Our stay was wonderful from the time we arrived to the time we left. The staff Ms. Regi, Lauren, Tye and Antonio were always friendly and there with a smile. They were so amazing and will not be forgotten. I'm looking forward to another stay there so we can visit and catch up on things. I'm not exagerating when I say the staff treated you like family. The rooms were beautiful and clean. The breakfast was real good and Mike was funny.
It was our nieces wedding so there were a few to say the least staying there and all felt the same way. I will be sure to request my friends and family to stop and stay there if they need a good place, Thank you for all you did to make our visit and wedding planning wonderful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Regi P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hello D D and the Entire Family/Friends,

Our team here at Holiday Inn E I-295 & Baymeadows, enjoyed having your family and friends with us and serving you. Thank you so much for your glowing reviews and warm smiles while you were here with us. We do look forward to having you all again. We too felt as if you were our family as well. This is our goal; to make our guests feel at home when they are away. It's really nice to hear when we/ve accomplished that. The hotel is still buzzing about the wedding party. Thank you, and the best to you all.
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

From checking in to checking out this was the best experience I have ever had!!! All the staff was wonderful from Ms. Regi who helped me with my plans prior to my arrival and beyond, Antonio checked me in was so pleasant and helpful full of smiles, Lauren kind so easy to talk with she seemed like a member of my family and she even went out of her way to help with directions around town and printed me coupons for various stores, Tye there if I needed anything so sorry I did not get a chance to see you before I left, They were always going out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and felt welcomed and full of smiles. Michael in the dining room what a nice man had us laughing every morning and we so enjoyed our breakfast. No matter what time of day or night I came in I was always greeted with warm smiles and spoken to as if we were friends. The front lobby was so clean when you entered the floors were shinning. The rooms were very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. The housekeeping staff always smiling and friendly, they did a great job on keeping our room clean. This truly was a wonderful stay. There is no doubt I will return to visit my special friends and I recommend this motel if you are visiting the Jacksonville area and want to experience a fantastic and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor south side, and it was a bright sunny room. I did not have any issues with...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Glad to see that so many of our team had such a good impact on your recent stay with us. They all work hard to make everyones stay and enjoyable one. I will share your comments with them. Thanks for taking time to share your comments and hope to have you back very soon.

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Customer service is absolutely exceptional. The look and feel of the
hotel is very modern and clean. The room we had was comfy, clean, and
roomy. The bed was so comfortable and soft. Huge plus especially after
the traveling we had done. Breakfast buffet one of the best I've had
at a hotel. Overall wonderful experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy to see you had a great experience. Appreciate your time to share your experience with others as well. Thanks and look forward to your return visit.

Lutz, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We checked in a little early and the room wasn't ready. Antonio was surprisingly outgoing and friendly. Checking on our room periodically for us, making sure we had something to drink, friendly conversation and all the time making sure he was assisting other guests. Happy Thursday Antonio. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Glad to hear you had a great experience. Anotnio will be happy to see he has made another happy customer. Thanks and hope to see you return soon.
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The people are fantastic; service excellent; rooms clean and good sized - but, as I sit here and listen to every car that goes by, none of that matters too much. It's like the window is open - but it's not. Why don't hotels next to the freeway understand that quiet is part of the equation. Anyway, the title says it all. If you stay here, get a room on the "street" side. The freeway side is beyond noisy, plus, the A/C does not have a fan (which i usually turn on to drown out traffic noise).

Room Tip: opposite of freeway side
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest
It is clear that although you were happy with the staff and the property you were not happy with the experience because of the noise. Please accept my sincere apology for this. After I read your comments I have had all the rooms checked by our engineer to see that all AC units are properly seated in the case. He did find a few that were not, and I can only imagine that one of those rooms was one you had stayed in. This can happen when they are removed for cleaning and when replaced they are not seated all the way in. I hope you will have the opportunity to return in the near future and if so, please contact me and I will treat you to a night on us and hope to have you as a regular to our property. I can see from you badge you are a seasoned traveler and your comments are very much appreciated. Hope to see you return soon.
Norman LeBert - General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows? Share your experiences!