“Home Sweet Home!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Palm Coast, Florida
“Home Sweet Home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Home sweet home away from home. Our stay was wonderful from the time we arrived to the time we left. The staff Ms. Regi, Lauren, Tye and Antonio were always friendly and there with a smile. They were so amazing and will not be forgotten. I'm looking forward to another stay there so we can visit and catch up on things. I'm not exagerating when I say the staff treated you like family. The rooms were beautiful and clean. The breakfast was real good and Mike was funny.
It was our nieces wedding so there were a few to say the least staying there and all felt the same way. I will be sure to request my friends and family to stop and stay there if they need a good place, Thank you for all you did to make our visit and wedding planning wonderful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Regi P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hello D D and the Entire Family/Friends,

Our team here at Holiday Inn E I-295 & Baymeadows, enjoyed having your family and friends with us and serving you. Thank you so much for your glowing reviews and warm smiles while you were here with us. We do look forward to having you all again. We too felt as if you were our family as well. This is our goal; to make our guests feel at home when they are away. It's really nice to hear when we/ve accomplished that. The hotel is still buzzing about the wedding party. Thank you, and the best to you all.

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

From checking in to checking out this was the best experience I have ever had!!! All the staff was wonderful from Ms. Regi who helped me with my plans prior to my arrival and beyond, Antonio checked me in was so pleasant and helpful full of smiles, Lauren kind so easy to talk with she seemed like a member of my family and she even went out of her way to help with directions around town and printed me coupons for various stores, Tye there if I needed anything so sorry I did not get a chance to see you before I left, They were always going out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and felt welcomed and full of smiles. Michael in the dining room what a nice man had us laughing every morning and we so enjoyed our breakfast. No matter what time of day or night I came in I was always greeted with warm smiles and spoken to as if we were friends. The front lobby was so clean when you entered the floors were shinning. The rooms were very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. The housekeeping staff always smiling and friendly, they did a great job on keeping our room clean. This truly was a wonderful stay. There is no doubt I will return to visit my special friends and I recommend this motel if you are visiting the Jacksonville area and want to experience a fantastic and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor south side, and it was a bright sunny room. I did not have any issues with...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Glad to see that so many of our team had such a good impact on your recent stay with us. They all work hard to make everyones stay and enjoyable one. I will share your comments with them. Thanks for taking time to share your comments and hope to have you back very soon.

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Customer service is absolutely exceptional. The look and feel of the
hotel is very modern and clean. The room we had was comfy, clean, and
roomy. The bed was so comfortable and soft. Huge plus especially after
the traveling we had done. Breakfast buffet one of the best I've had
at a hotel. Overall wonderful experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy to see you had a great experience. Appreciate your time to share your experience with others as well. Thanks and look forward to your return visit.

Lutz, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We checked in a little early and the room wasn't ready. Antonio was surprisingly outgoing and friendly. Checking on our room periodically for us, making sure we had something to drink, friendly conversation and all the time making sure he was assisting other guests. Happy Thursday Antonio. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Glad to hear you had a great experience. Anotnio will be happy to see he has made another happy customer. Thanks and hope to see you return soon.
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The people are fantastic; service excellent; rooms clean and good sized - but, as I sit here and listen to every car that goes by, none of that matters too much. It's like the window is open - but it's not. Why don't hotels next to the freeway understand that quiet is part of the equation. Anyway, the title says it all. If you stay here, get a room on the "street" side. The freeway side is beyond noisy, plus, the A/C does not have a fan (which i usually turn on to drown out traffic noise).

Room Tip: opposite of freeway side
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest
It is clear that although you were happy with the staff and the property you were not happy with the experience because of the noise. Please accept my sincere apology for this. After I read your comments I have had all the rooms checked by our engineer to see that all AC units are properly seated in the case. He did find a few that were not, and I can only imagine that one of those rooms was one you had stayed in. This can happen when they are removed for cleaning and when replaced they are not seated all the way in. I hope you will have the opportunity to return in the near future and if so, please contact me and I will treat you to a night on us and hope to have you as a regular to our property. I can see from you badge you are a seasoned traveler and your comments are very much appreciated. Hope to see you return soon.
Orange Park, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

If you are having a party/reception, this is the place to go! We had our office Holiday party here. (130 people) The meeting rooms are nice and the staff was very accommodating. The food was amazing! Best lobster bisque and turkey (on a carving station) I've ever had!...even the vegetable medley was good (and I'm not a veggie person). The London broil was tender and cooked to a perfect temperature. The crostinis on the Cheese Display were so delicious. The mini carrot cakes with cream filling in the middle were awesome! They provided discounted rooms for our employees. We got discounts because we were spending so much money, like no charge for the dance floor.

Cons: It is a little hard to find. They charge a 22% service fee, which is not considered gratuity.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
So glad to hear your group had such a great time and that you loved the food. Our Food & Beverage department was very pleased to see your comments and they always work had to make everything the best it can be. Thanks so much for kind words and the great recommendation.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was quite pleased with the hotel and the staff. The quest rooms, lobby and dining area was very clean. Oh, even the elevators were clean, which is one of my personal pet peeves. The décor was very nice; it felt as if I was in a high end boutique hotel. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. If you like a hot breakfast, they can do it right—oatmeal, toast and side of bacon for me. Believe me, I am a bacon connoisseur and grew up on oatmeal, so I know when it’s right. The location is off the beaten path, which was nice for me after I returned from a long day of activities and shopping, I felt I could relax. Don’t hesitate to book here when you are in the Jacksonville area.

Room Tip: A clean room is a good room. This hotel seems to pride itself on attention to detail in this area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We do take a great deal of pride in our cleanliness. We are also a Certified Florida Green Lodging hotel. Our team works hard to minimize the impact we have on our environment and to make good use of all our resources. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast so much. Our buffet cost just $8.95 but is a great value for all the selection we have. Our breakfast menu and dinner menu is the same menu available for room service. Again, thanks so much for the recommendation and hope to have you return soon.

Norman LeBert - General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows? Share your experiences!