“amazing staff” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lutz, Florida
“amazing staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We checked in a little early and the room wasn't ready. Antonio was surprisingly outgoing and friendly. Checking on our room periodically for us, making sure we had something to drink, friendly conversation and all the time making sure he was assisting other guests. Happy Thursday Antonio. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Glad to hear you had a great experience. Anotnio will be happy to see he has made another happy customer. Thanks and hope to see you return soon.

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The people are fantastic; service excellent; rooms clean and good sized - but, as I sit here and listen to every car that goes by, none of that matters too much. It's like the window is open - but it's not. Why don't hotels next to the freeway understand that quiet is part of the equation. Anyway, the title says it all. If you stay here, get a room on the "street" side. The freeway side is beyond noisy, plus, the A/C does not have a fan (which i usually turn on to drown out traffic noise).

Room Tip: opposite of freeway side
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest
It is clear that although you were happy with the staff and the property you were not happy with the experience because of the noise. Please accept my sincere apology for this. After I read your comments I have had all the rooms checked by our engineer to see that all AC units are properly seated in the case. He did find a few that were not, and I can only imagine that one of those rooms was one you had stayed in. This can happen when they are removed for cleaning and when replaced they are not seated all the way in. I hope you will have the opportunity to return in the near future and if so, please contact me and I will treat you to a night on us and hope to have you as a regular to our property. I can see from you badge you are a seasoned traveler and your comments are very much appreciated. Hope to see you return soon.
Orange Park, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

If you are having a party/reception, this is the place to go! We had our office Holiday party here. (130 people) The meeting rooms are nice and the staff was very accommodating. The food was amazing! Best lobster bisque and turkey (on a carving station) I've ever had!...even the vegetable medley was good (and I'm not a veggie person). The London broil was tender and cooked to a perfect temperature. The crostinis on the Cheese Display were so delicious. The mini carrot cakes with cream filling in the middle were awesome! They provided discounted rooms for our employees. We got discounts because we were spending so much money, like no charge for the dance floor.

Cons: It is a little hard to find. They charge a 22% service fee, which is not considered gratuity.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
So glad to hear your group had such a great time and that you loved the food. Our Food & Beverage department was very pleased to see your comments and they always work had to make everything the best it can be. Thanks so much for kind words and the great recommendation.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was quite pleased with the hotel and the staff. The quest rooms, lobby and dining area was very clean. Oh, even the elevators were clean, which is one of my personal pet peeves. The décor was very nice; it felt as if I was in a high end boutique hotel. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. If you like a hot breakfast, they can do it right—oatmeal, toast and side of bacon for me. Believe me, I am a bacon connoisseur and grew up on oatmeal, so I know when it’s right. The location is off the beaten path, which was nice for me after I returned from a long day of activities and shopping, I felt I could relax. Don’t hesitate to book here when you are in the Jacksonville area.

Room Tip: A clean room is a good room. This hotel seems to pride itself on attention to detail in this area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We do take a great deal of pride in our cleanliness. We are also a Certified Florida Green Lodging hotel. Our team works hard to minimize the impact we have on our environment and to make good use of all our resources. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast so much. Our buffet cost just $8.95 but is a great value for all the selection we have. Our breakfast menu and dinner menu is the same menu available for room service. Again, thanks so much for the recommendation and hope to have you return soon.

Nashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Had a chance to go see the Grandchildren in Jax and decided to stay at this HI. Fast check-in, clean room, looked nice, close to gas&shopping, just off I95. Very disappointed that the internet only worked one night out of five but having Comcast at home, it doesn't surprise me but man it sucked not having the connection. Wife was not happy since she was not able to stay up with the vampire reading. The front desk said that a call to Comcast had been made, but that was not very encouraging. I understand that one night it may be down one night, but 4? Not acceptable in the hospitality business. The internet worked in the lobby, but not in the rooms so it was not my computer.

I am a Bugman by trade and did see a baby German Roach in the bathroom the first night. I did not say anything because I understand how these things are left behind. I kept an eye out, but did not see any more other than the one.

There is an Hardee's, Arby's, and Daily's Convienent Mart right across the street which was great for us.

Temp was maintained well by the A/C-Heat unit.

Pool looked nice, but it was 40-60 degrees while we were there so not even the G-kids made it to the pool. Loved the way the pool deck was set up.

Did I say the internet was down?

Smelled like the standard HI, which is always good. Carpet, walls, and fixtures were in great shape. We were 5 doors from the exit and never heard any noise. We will return next year if my son is still stationed in Mayport.

Bed was a King size and slept very well. I have a bad back and don't always get a good night's sleep when I travel, but slept like a baby.

Did I say the internet was down?

Great value. We did not have the breakfast because I slept in every day so no comment available about the food.

Shoot me a message if you need more info...I will be glad to tell you about my Grandchildren.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Wrong Property:
This review belongs to the Holiday Inn at I-95 & Baymeadows.
We are at I-295 & Baymeadows.
We have great internet service. So on your next trip come visit us at 11083 Nurseryfields Drive.

Hopefully Tripadvisor will correct this soon.

Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Spent a few days of R&R at this location and had a great experience. The hotel staff was extremely friendly, breakfast was good, fast, and affordable. The property has a look and feel of a modern boutique hotel not what I remember Holiday Inns to be from past experiences. Not to mention it's just a few short minutes to great shopping.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Holiday Inn has undergone a total relaunch over the last few years. We have many travelers comment to us about how surprised they are about the change from what they remember of Holiday Inn of the past. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast and I hope you had a great time while shopping. Our close proximity to the Towncenter brings us many repeat guest. Hope you will be back soon. Thanks for the comments...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Everything about the hotel was more than pleasing; front desk; check in; ammenities; room; cleanliness; location; food; We have stayed at this location several times and always found it to be consistant; Parking is close and well lit;

Room Tip: we prefer a high floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Happy to hear from someone who has been back with us several times. I'm also glad to hear you find our location to be convienent. We are close to many of the most favorite areas to visit while in Jacksonville. We look forward to your return many more times. Thanks for your comments.
Norman LeBert - General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows? Share your experiences!