“Clean, welcoming and more!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Clean, welcoming and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was quite pleased with the hotel and the staff. The quest rooms, lobby and dining area was very clean. Oh, even the elevators were clean, which is one of my personal pet peeves. The décor was very nice; it felt as if I was in a high end boutique hotel. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. If you like a hot breakfast, they can do it right—oatmeal, toast and side of bacon for me. Believe me, I am a bacon connoisseur and grew up on oatmeal, so I know when it’s right. The location is off the beaten path, which was nice for me after I returned from a long day of activities and shopping, I felt I could relax. Don’t hesitate to book here when you are in the Jacksonville area.

Room Tip: A clean room is a good room. This hotel seems to pride itself on attention to detail in this area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We do take a great deal of pride in our cleanliness. We are also a Certified Florida Green Lodging hotel. Our team works hard to minimize the impact we have on our environment and to make good use of all our resources. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast so much. Our buffet cost just $8.95 but is a great value for all the selection we have. Our breakfast menu and dinner menu is the same menu available for room service. Again, thanks so much for the recommendation and hope to have you return soon.

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Nashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Had a chance to go see the Grandchildren in Jax and decided to stay at this HI. Fast check-in, clean room, looked nice, close to gas&shopping, just off I95. Very disappointed that the internet only worked one night out of five but having Comcast at home, it doesn't surprise me but man it sucked not having the connection. Wife was not happy since she was not able to stay up with the vampire reading. The front desk said that a call to Comcast had been made, but that was not very encouraging. I understand that one night it may be down one night, but 4? Not acceptable in the hospitality business. The internet worked in the lobby, but not in the rooms so it was not my computer.

I am a Bugman by trade and did see a baby German Roach in the bathroom the first night. I did not say anything because I understand how these things are left behind. I kept an eye out, but did not see any more other than the one.

There is an Hardee's, Arby's, and Daily's Convienent Mart right across the street which was great for us.

Temp was maintained well by the A/C-Heat unit.

Pool looked nice, but it was 40-60 degrees while we were there so not even the G-kids made it to the pool. Loved the way the pool deck was set up.

Did I say the internet was down?

Smelled like the standard HI, which is always good. Carpet, walls, and fixtures were in great shape. We were 5 doors from the exit and never heard any noise. We will return next year if my son is still stationed in Mayport.

Bed was a King size and slept very well. I have a bad back and don't always get a good night's sleep when I travel, but slept like a baby.

Did I say the internet was down?

Great value. We did not have the breakfast because I slept in every day so no comment available about the food.

Shoot me a message if you need more info...I will be glad to tell you about my Grandchildren.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Wrong Property:
This review belongs to the Holiday Inn at I-95 & Baymeadows.
We are at I-295 & Baymeadows.
We have great internet service. So on your next trip come visit us at 11083 Nurseryfields Drive.

Hopefully Tripadvisor will correct this soon.

Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Spent a few days of R&R at this location and had a great experience. The hotel staff was extremely friendly, breakfast was good, fast, and affordable. The property has a look and feel of a modern boutique hotel not what I remember Holiday Inns to be from past experiences. Not to mention it's just a few short minutes to great shopping.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Holiday Inn has undergone a total relaunch over the last few years. We have many travelers comment to us about how surprised they are about the change from what they remember of Holiday Inn of the past. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast and I hope you had a great time while shopping. Our close proximity to the Towncenter brings us many repeat guest. Hope you will be back soon. Thanks for the comments...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Everything about the hotel was more than pleasing; front desk; check in; ammenities; room; cleanliness; location; food; We have stayed at this location several times and always found it to be consistant; Parking is close and well lit;

Room Tip: we prefer a high floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Happy to hear from someone who has been back with us several times. I'm also glad to hear you find our location to be convienent. We are close to many of the most favorite areas to visit while in Jacksonville. We look forward to your return many more times. Thanks for your comments.
Tampa Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed there before a meeting at UNF. The lobby and hallways are well kept and clean; the a/c was on full blast on a misty rainy chilly evening. The room was clean and well appointed. The room smelled a bit odd; not enough to complain to management about, but after I turned the a/c off, it wasn't pleasant. Again. I'd stay there again, but they need to address that issue maybe install better dehumidifiers???

Room Tip: Try not to face 295
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for taking time to share your comments. I have heard about the location not being the best, from several guests. It may seem odd to turn into what looks like an appartment complex in order to get to a hotel. Hopefully as the developement continues next to us the entrance may end up being a bit better. We certainly hope so. Not sure of what room you were in but if you do get a chance to send me an email I can verify the AC problem has been repaired. Hope to see you return soon and Happy Holidays...

Bartow, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Using an 'express deal' type of rate and being booked at this Holiday Inn sight unseen, we were very pleased! Although we ran into a couple of minor problems, they were not issues that would deter us from returning in the future. We know that check-in is supposed to be 3:00 or later, but usually arrive in town (to see my aging parents) in late morning. We are usually able to check-in, put our suitcase in the room, and know that when we return later in the evening, we won't have to go through the check-in process when we're already worn-out. We were grateful that we were able to check-in around 11:30 a.m. (Sat. 11/3/2012) and assigned to room 304 (double queen). We went up to our room and noticed several things which indicated the room had not completely been prepared. The beds were mostly made, but the pillows didn't have the 'soft' or 'firm' straps on them - the straps were in the nightstand. There was also a pair of men's briefs on the back of the toilet, used soap in the tub soap tray and a used washcloth on the spout of the tub. We immediately contacted the front desk and he apologized and said he'd meet us at room 304 with new keys. He was prompt and very apologetic. We've traveled enough and had this happen in various levels of hotels...so it can happen in the best of places (including Disney). We were just grateful that there was another double queen available at that time and that our 'host' was so accommodating! We were also happy to see that this particular room didn't have a tub, but had a step in, glass enclosed shower!!! A bonus for us!!! This room had been fully prepped and was very comfortable!!! Many channels on the tv and a nice refrigerator with separate freezer compartment, and a microwave. The beds, although a little high for me (but fine for my taller husband & son) were very clean and comfortable - not bricks like we occasionally experience.
We experienced a 'slow toilet drain' and when husband went to front desk to request a plunger, was quickly given one, clean and 'wrapped' which once put into action quickly solved the problem.
The shower head had about 4-5 'spray' settings - all of which yielded a good pressure for bathing. (Only 'drawback' is that they 'soften' the water which makes it feel 'slimey' when trying to rinse. More and more hotels seem to be going this route - great for their pipes and cleaning, but lousy (in my opinion) on how clean I feel after bathing or trying to wash my hands. I feel like I use 2x as much water trying to get that slimey feeling off my skin - but I know that's 'just me' and not necessarily everyone's experience.)
The other issue we encountered was around 4 a.m., I woke up to notice the temp. in the room was rising (74) instead of the 70 I had set the a/c to be. (I like the room very cool when sleeping under the plush covers.) It was actually heating the unit like it was trying to 'de-ice' (you could hear 'cracking') the unit and then it would 'cool' to some degree, but never quite enough. Would have contacted front desk if it had been worse, but this was 'tolerable' for the remaining hours we would be asleep. I did inform the young man at the desk (same one who checked us in) that I thought the a/c in that room may be low on coolant. Again - he was very polite and apologetic. I do believe had this been a bigger issue with us that he would have compensated us in some form, but we didn't feel that was necessary as we know things can go wrong and it wasn't 'that big of a deal'. I was more concerned that they know so it could be repaired before the next guest.
Although we encountered a couple of issues - they were either easily and cheerfully resolved or were not significant enough to require immediate attention. I rated this property 'excellent' because even though everything wasn't 'perfect,' it really was excellent - the service, the accommodations, the price, and the location. We certainly plan to recommend this to others and also hope to stay here again.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face I-295 - which if you're easily distracted by light traffic noise, could p...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
So glad you found our hotel to be clean, convenient, and comfortable.
Your review will be submitted to our department managers during our next meeting. There is a great deal of information in your review and I appreciate your time in sharing your experience. Hope you will be returning soon. Thanks again.

Monticello, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I spent three nights at this place for the Georgia-Florida game. We had good sized room that was well appointed. The staff was eager to assist. The bed was comfortable and the housekeeping was attentive but non intrusive. The only issue I had was the shower handle isn't marked H and C so I had trouble finding the hot water setting. There also needs to be a little better signage on Baymeadows to direct folks to the hotel. All in all I would stay again and be glad to recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest
Nice to hear you had such a great time. We do hear from time to time about the disappointment with our signage. The city has a sign ordinance that specifically prohibits off-site signage. In addition the PUD of which we are a part of also prohibits off-site signage. Both us and the car dealership next door have been trying for some time to get some kind of signage approved for us out at the intersection. We have not given up on this even though many have told us it will never be allowed. So hopefully before your next visit you will see something we have come up with to overcome this problem. Maybe a reader who one day reads this can think of something and suggest something that will work and be allowed.
Hope to see you back next year if not sooner.
Thanks for taking time to share your comments.

Norman LeBert - General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows? Share your experiences!