“Nice property, friendly staff, odd location” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #12 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tampa Bay
“Nice property, friendly staff, odd location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed there before a meeting at UNF. The lobby and hallways are well kept and clean; the a/c was on full blast on a misty rainy chilly evening. The room was clean and well appointed. The room smelled a bit odd; not enough to complain to management about, but after I turned the a/c off, it wasn't pleasant. Again. I'd stay there again, but they need to address that issue maybe install better dehumidifiers???

Room Tip: Try not to face 295
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thanks for taking time to share your comments. I have heard about the location not being the best, from several guests. It may seem odd to turn into what looks like an appartment complex in order to get to a hotel. Hopefully as the developement continues next to us the entrance may end up being a bit better. We certainly hope so. Not sure of what room you were in but if you do get a chance to send me an email I can verify the AC problem has been repaired. Hope to see you return soon and Happy Holidays...

156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bartow, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Using an 'express deal' type of rate and being booked at this Holiday Inn sight unseen, we were very pleased! Although we ran into a couple of minor problems, they were not issues that would deter us from returning in the future. We know that check-in is supposed to be 3:00 or later, but usually arrive in town (to see my aging parents) in late morning. We are usually able to check-in, put our suitcase in the room, and know that when we return later in the evening, we won't have to go through the check-in process when we're already worn-out. We were grateful that we were able to check-in around 11:30 a.m. (Sat. 11/3/2012) and assigned to room 304 (double queen). We went up to our room and noticed several things which indicated the room had not completely been prepared. The beds were mostly made, but the pillows didn't have the 'soft' or 'firm' straps on them - the straps were in the nightstand. There was also a pair of men's briefs on the back of the toilet, used soap in the tub soap tray and a used washcloth on the spout of the tub. We immediately contacted the front desk and he apologized and said he'd meet us at room 304 with new keys. He was prompt and very apologetic. We've traveled enough and had this happen in various levels of hotels...so it can happen in the best of places (including Disney). We were just grateful that there was another double queen available at that time and that our 'host' was so accommodating! We were also happy to see that this particular room didn't have a tub, but had a step in, glass enclosed shower!!! A bonus for us!!! This room had been fully prepped and was very comfortable!!! Many channels on the tv and a nice refrigerator with separate freezer compartment, and a microwave. The beds, although a little high for me (but fine for my taller husband & son) were very clean and comfortable - not bricks like we occasionally experience.
We experienced a 'slow toilet drain' and when husband went to front desk to request a plunger, was quickly given one, clean and 'wrapped' which once put into action quickly solved the problem.
The shower head had about 4-5 'spray' settings - all of which yielded a good pressure for bathing. (Only 'drawback' is that they 'soften' the water which makes it feel 'slimey' when trying to rinse. More and more hotels seem to be going this route - great for their pipes and cleaning, but lousy (in my opinion) on how clean I feel after bathing or trying to wash my hands. I feel like I use 2x as much water trying to get that slimey feeling off my skin - but I know that's 'just me' and not necessarily everyone's experience.)
The other issue we encountered was around 4 a.m., I woke up to notice the temp. in the room was rising (74) instead of the 70 I had set the a/c to be. (I like the room very cool when sleeping under the plush covers.) It was actually heating the unit like it was trying to 'de-ice' (you could hear 'cracking') the unit and then it would 'cool' to some degree, but never quite enough. Would have contacted front desk if it had been worse, but this was 'tolerable' for the remaining hours we would be asleep. I did inform the young man at the desk (same one who checked us in) that I thought the a/c in that room may be low on coolant. Again - he was very polite and apologetic. I do believe had this been a bigger issue with us that he would have compensated us in some form, but we didn't feel that was necessary as we know things can go wrong and it wasn't 'that big of a deal'. I was more concerned that they know so it could be repaired before the next guest.
Although we encountered a couple of issues - they were either easily and cheerfully resolved or were not significant enough to require immediate attention. I rated this property 'excellent' because even though everything wasn't 'perfect,' it really was excellent - the service, the accommodations, the price, and the location. We certainly plan to recommend this to others and also hope to stay here again.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face I-295 - which if you're easily distracted by light traffic noise, could p...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
So glad you found our hotel to be clean, convenient, and comfortable.
Your review will be submitted to our department managers during our next meeting. There is a great deal of information in your review and I appreciate your time in sharing your experience. Hope you will be returning soon. Thanks again.

Monticello, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I spent three nights at this place for the Georgia-Florida game. We had good sized room that was well appointed. The staff was eager to assist. The bed was comfortable and the housekeeping was attentive but non intrusive. The only issue I had was the shower handle isn't marked H and C so I had trouble finding the hot water setting. There also needs to be a little better signage on Baymeadows to direct folks to the hotel. All in all I would stay again and be glad to recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest
Nice to hear you had such a great time. We do hear from time to time about the disappointment with our signage. The city has a sign ordinance that specifically prohibits off-site signage. In addition the PUD of which we are a part of also prohibits off-site signage. Both us and the car dealership next door have been trying for some time to get some kind of signage approved for us out at the intersection. We have not given up on this even though many have told us it will never be allowed. So hopefully before your next visit you will see something we have come up with to overcome this problem. Maybe a reader who one day reads this can think of something and suggest something that will work and be allowed.
Hope to see you back next year if not sooner.
Thanks for taking time to share your comments.

Mineola, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this Holiday Inn and our way from Miami to NY. We were so pleased with our stay we wanted to write in and recommend it to anyone in the area. The location is great (just off of I95) and the staff make this hotel a true find. We checked in late at night after a rental car issue and the staff was welcoming and helpful. The rooms are clean and modern and the included breakfast was delicious!!

Room Tip: Try the pancakes at breakfast. They're yummy!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I'm happy you found our hotel so nice. Sure hope to have you return soon and maybe not for having to get your car repaired next time. Maybe to buy a new one! Look forward to your return.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I had to be in Jacksonville 4 times this summer (2-3 nights). The only reason we didn't stay in this hotel all three times was because this hotel was sold out.

The staff and management are professional, personable and met our every need.

The rooms are excellent, newly furnished and kept very clean. The TV lineup is great (many channels) and there are a lot of outlets which is a big plus with cellphones, laptops, etc.

The buffet is delicious and the bar area is very comfy. Can you tell I really like this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Your comments are very much appreciated. Glad to know you will be returning and we look forward to your return visit. Thank you, Norman LeBert - General Manager
Monroe, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Just returned from a week at the Holiday Inn at Baymeadows. Great location, helpful staff, especially great housekeeping staff! This Hoilday Inn is under new management and it shows!
Great value, nice people. You won't go wrong

Room Tip: If you like quiet....select room 611
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
The title of your review is to the point and what we strive for every day. So glad to know you enjoyed yourself and found the location to be a great one. Hope you will return soon.

Orange Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We just completed at two day workshop at this hotel and were very pleased with the overall event. The accommodations were comfortable, clean and had an impressive decor. Our members loved the buffet breakfast which was also kept clean and full. Although the hotel only serves breakfast and dinner, we were fortunate to have them cater lunch for our group of just over 100 people. It was wonderful and plentiful. The sales manager who assisted us was delightful, cheerful and very efficient in helping us meet our needs for the workshop. Although there is very little to do in the immediate vacinity of the hotel this location was very convenient for our members who came from all areas of the state. You will also find several good restaurants within 5 minutes from the hotel if you are spending several days. Another plus is that it is easy to get anywhere in the Jacksonville/St. Augustine area from this location. We plan to be back again next year for another workshop!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
So happy to hear you had such a good time. I am also happy to hear you found our hotel to be convienient to St Augustine and to just about anywhere in Jacksonville. We will look forward to your return next year.

Norman LeBert - General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows? Share your experiences!