Using an 'express deal' type of rate and being booked at this Holiday Inn sight unseen, we were very pleased! Although we ran into a couple of minor problems, they were not issues that would deter us from returning in the future. We know that check-in is supposed to be 3:00 or later, but usually arrive in town (to see my aging parents) in late morning. We are usually able to check-in, put our suitcase in the room, and know that when we return later in the evening, we won't have to go through the check-in process when we're already worn-out. We were grateful that we were able to check-in around 11:30 a.m. (Sat. 11/3/2012) and assigned to room 304 (double queen). We went up to our room and noticed several things which indicated the room had not completely been prepared. The beds were mostly made, but the pillows didn't have the 'soft' or 'firm' straps on them - the straps were in the nightstand. There was also a pair of men's briefs on the back of the toilet, used soap in the tub soap tray and a used washcloth on the spout of the tub. We immediately contacted the front desk and he apologized and said he'd meet us at room 304 with new keys. He was prompt and very apologetic. We've traveled enough and had this happen in various levels of hotels...so it can happen in the best of places (including Disney). We were just grateful that there was another double queen available at that time and that our 'host' was so accommodating! We were also happy to see that this particular room didn't have a tub, but had a step in, glass enclosed shower!!! A bonus for us!!! This room had been fully prepped and was very comfortable!!! Many channels on the tv and a nice refrigerator with separate freezer compartment, and a microwave. The beds, although a little high for me (but fine for my taller husband & son) were very clean and comfortable - not bricks like we occasionally experience.
We experienced a 'slow toilet drain' and when husband went to front desk to request a plunger, was quickly given one, clean and 'wrapped' which once put into action quickly solved the problem.
The shower head had about 4-5 'spray' settings - all of which yielded a good pressure for bathing. (Only 'drawback' is that they 'soften' the water which makes it feel 'slimey' when trying to rinse. More and more hotels seem to be going this route - great for their pipes and cleaning, but lousy (in my opinion) on how clean I feel after bathing or trying to wash my hands. I feel like I use 2x as much water trying to get that slimey feeling off my skin - but I know that's 'just me' and not necessarily everyone's experience.)
The other issue we encountered was around 4 a.m., I woke up to notice the temp. in the room was rising (74) instead of the 70 I had set the a/c to be. (I like the room very cool when sleeping under the plush covers.) It was actually heating the unit like it was trying to 'de-ice' (you could hear 'cracking') the unit and then it would 'cool' to some degree, but never quite enough. Would have contacted front desk if it had been worse, but this was 'tolerable' for the remaining hours we would be asleep. I did inform the young man at the desk (same one who checked us in) that I thought the a/c in that room may be low on coolant. Again - he was very polite and apologetic. I do believe had this been a bigger issue with us that he would have compensated us in some form, but we didn't feel that was necessary as we know things can go wrong and it wasn't 'that big of a deal'. I was more concerned that they know so it could be repaired before the next guest.
Although we encountered a couple of issues - they were either easily and cheerfully resolved or were not significant enough to require immediate attention. I rated this property 'excellent' because even though everything wasn't 'perfect,' it really was excellent - the service, the accommodations, the price, and the location. We certainly plan to recommend this to others and also hope to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 98 room hotel is located in the Deerwood business district and is connvenient to shops and eateries at he St. Johns TownCenter and the Avenues shopping mall. In addition, the University of North Florida Campus, Mayo Clinic, and Florida Community college South Campus are all nearby. The Hotel is located off of State Road I-295 east beltway and this makes it convenient for the business traveler to get anywhere in the city quickly and easily. Our restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner, closed for lunch. There are more than 15 great restaurants to eat within a one mile drive of the hotel such as Carrabas, Outback, Sticky Fingers and many more. We provide free highspeed internet access and all rooms have a refrigerator/freezer and microwave. Relax, it's Holiday Inn... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Jacksonville s-9a & Baymeadows Hotel Jacksonville
- Holiday Inn Jacksonville s-9a And Baymeadows