“Poor Customer Service From General Manager” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Poor Customer Service From General Manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

The staff at the hotel is very confrontational. The general manager does not know how to explain their own debit card policy with out yelling. He also hung the phone up on me. I made a reservation at this place but chose not to stay because of the rude phone service. This maybe a nice place to stay but if you want great customer service and hospitality stay away from this one. And Mr. GM if you are reading this, my family stayed at the SHERATON for twice as much we were going to pay at your location. They enjoyed their stay. Thanks for the poor customer service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear bigtymeMick

You called the hotel and spoke to two persons. The first conversation you had was with our Front Office Manager and the second was with me. You had submitted a “Credit Card Authorization to Charge” form in order to pay for a reservation you had made for a family member. The Authorization to Charge was denied. The reason for denial is that it was a Walmart Debit load card and not a Credit Card.

Debit cards are not the same as a credit card and many guests do not know this until it is too late. The Front Office Manager took a good deal of time trying to explain our policy to you. You were unwilling to accept our policy and the discussion escalated to the point the Front Office Manager asked if I would take the call. I said sure and the call was transferred to me.

Every time you would ask me a question you would interrupt me about half way into my answer with another question. You became angry and verbally abusive. I let you know that if you were unwilling to speak in a reasonable tone I would discontinue the conversation. You continued and became so loud I had no option but to end the call. I politely told you I was ending the call and I said Good Bye.

Our policies and procedures regarding the use of debit cards are in place for a good reason. They protect the card holder from serious errors that can occur on a debit card and could not happen to a credit card.

I am happy you were able to find alternative accommodations for your family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Arizona City, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

I just spent May 8 and May 9 2012 at this hotel and found the rooms very clean but front desk customer service very poor . Their so called free shuttle service is a total sham.It only takes guests within a 5 mile radius and only with 24 hours prior notice.So if you need a ride to the airport,to Ponte Vedra Beach,or just across the freeeay to get something to eat you are out of luck.It is the epitomy of cheapness and should be eliminated.I stayed in room 202 and front desk personel not the friendliest i've ever had.Never seting foot in this place again.

• Stayed May 2012
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Glad to know you found the hotel to be clean and I trust you enjoyed your stay.
Unfortunately we do not provide on-demand transportation. Our van is only used for corporate group travel that is pre-arranged or for a few of our accounts that we have arrangements with them made days in advance.
We have found very little demand for this service as most guest preffer to use their own vehicles to travel while staying at our hotel.
We have several companies that we can contact when guests do need to travel and do not have thier own vehicle. A trip from or to the airport averages about $50
I hope you found our rates to be a great value and lood forward to your return soon.

Norman LeBert - GM
Swainsboro, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in Feb. of 2012. The clerk was very nice and helpful. We were treated like royalty. The room was beatiful. It was my husband's birthday. He was given a complimentary breakfast for his birthday. Thanks a lot.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jim T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for your late April review of your stay with us in February. We were delighted to be part of your husband's birthday and happy to have provided the "royal treatment." We will pass your kind comments along to our staff as well. We look forward to being of service again, the next time your travels bring you to the Jacksonville, FL area.
Have a wonderful day and a better month ahead.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Me, my husband and five months old daughter stayed here for four nights for our annual family visit. There's not much good options in Jacksonville and Holiday Inn is probably one of the better and newer hotel in town. We booked ourselves in a suites and we found the room decently cleaned, fairly new. The only down side is the air condition which was blasting out at 1000 times stronger than it needed to be (and causing my baby girl a cold). Other than that, it's a clean and new hotel which you'll find all the basic needs fulfilled.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your late April review of your stay with us during your family visit. We appreciate your response and have reviewed your comment relative to the 'overcharged' A/c with our maintainence department. We trust you enjoyed your trip home and look forward to being of service the next time your travels bring you to Jacksonville. Have a very nice week and an even better month ahead.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

When pulling up the hotel seemed very nice. The rooms were also very nice. The staff on the other hand was not what I had expected. The Front desk represenative, in my opionion is the face of the hotel, really made our stay unpleasant. Not very friendly, did not have a name badge, misleading and confritational. Team memebers in the Hospitality bsuiness really should go above and beyond to ensure every customer stay is exceptional and can not wait to return because of a woderful experience. I really hope the managment team works on training of it's team members to ensure high quality and exceptional experiences.
After our stay here I did recieve a call from the Manager who was very nice and really seemed to understand and listen to our challenges with our stay. I did not really want to go back to this Holiday Inn, but if I do I really hope things change towards the positive. The Manager stated they are addressing these matters. I hope they are able to make a positive change through training to the team and increase customer service to ensure repeat customers and high standards of excellence which Holiday Inn was known for.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Robert H,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry for the service you received by our front desk agent. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, and I am sorry that we fell short on this particular day. I am glad to hear you were able to speak with the manager. If there is anything you need next time you stay, please do not hesitate to ask.

Katie J
IHGCare
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend. The hotel itself is very nice and the front desk staff are nice as well. However, BEWARE, the breakfast is not free and THERE is no signs letting guests know. My family went in and sat down like everyone else fixed their food and afterward was CHARGED $25 for them $8 for my daughter. My husband asked for the MANAGER who REFUSED to come out and assist him. He had to eventually go to HIS office and get him. After about 30 MINS they their price was REDUCED when the TICKET clearly states KIDS EAT FREE! There was another MICHIGAN family FURIOUS because they were charged $40. The FRONT desk clerk tole my husband "Dont let the manager get away with that because KIDS should eat FREE".

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
ssr05,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Really enjoyed our last minute stay. Room was super clean and very comfortable. Will definitely come back when travelling through Jacksonville.

• Stayed March 2012
HI_9A_GM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank you for your input. We appreciate your visit and and look forward to being of service again soon. Warmest regards.

Been to Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows? Share your experiences!