“Perfect Spot for Us” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Michigan
“Perfect Spot for Us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was out first visit to Jacksonville. We were there for 3 nights, and chose this hotel based on its location, which was in the center of the things we wanted to do, and also on its T.A. reviews and ratings. We flew in to Jacksonville and rented a car at the airport. We drove down on I 95, through Jacksonville, and were to the hotel in about 45 minutes. We have no complaints, at all. It was quiet, clean, safe, and about 20 minutes driving time from the stadium, St. Augustine, and the beaches. We did not eat at the hotel, but there are several restaurants just across the freeway bridge. All staff were very friendly and helpful in answering questions about the area. I would definitely return to this hotel if I again should be in the area.

Room Tip: We had a room on the fourth floor facing the highway, but were never bothered by any noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lutherville Timonium, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My finance` and I stayed four days. The facilities were clean. The room was kept clean and neat, daily, except Sunday. Monday morning everything was in place again. Food was great and the pool in the back of the hotel was well maintained. Very satifsfied. Desk staff did an outstanding job taking care of billing and locating the appropriate room. Thanks again.
I will stay there again since my son lives in Jacksonville, Fla now..

Room Tip: Hotel was near air port but very quiet. Planes flew north and south not east over the hotel. Many...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brownstown Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Beautiful room with a very comfortable bed, imaculate bathroom, friendly courteous staff. If I could give this property a 10 star rating I would. We will definately stay at this property again if we are in this area.

Room Tip: Our party had 3 rooms and all were excellent. We were facing the road on the 4th floor and the park...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

On our way to Disneyworld for a week's visit and spent the night here. tired when we arrived so got a meal from the bar and had it sent to room. Salad was huge and very good. Hotel was clean with nice kingsize bed. bug free. friendly check in and check out staff. well-rested after good night's sleep. didn't eat breakfast although it looked good. will stay here again if we ever come this way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed here for a night on a business trip. Clean, Nice Room, Bistro Concept is nice, and staff was nice. AC Unit worked like a gem in the Florida heat

If back in this part of town - I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is a relatively new property and is in first class shape. Friendly check-in, check-out staff. Speedy service. Internet service was far superior to that in some other hotels I've stayed at recently. Easy access to I-95. Got a great rate booking directly with the hotel after checking the ratings on Tripadvisor. I will definitely stay at this hotel next time I pass through Jacksonville.

Room Tip: We had a room on the back side and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Most would agree there's nothing better than a new hotel. Clean. Modern appointments including comfortable beds and furniture. Spacious designs. Fast internet. And certainly this property meets all those qualities.

But a hotel is also measured heavily by it's nearby competition. At check in I noticed this very new Courtyard was equipped with a breakfast buffet serving and sitting area. Very nice. Until my head turned and I saw a sign on the front desk counter offering a "breakfast buffet for $8.95." I realize Courtyards aren't typically known to throw in a free breakfast but for a longer term business traveler this fee can add up over time. Nor do I have the time or desire to divert to the drive through at a fast food on the way to work. On a work day I want to leave my room, have breakfast quickly and drive off to work.

Back to the competition. Close by on the west side of I95 is another super new clean, modern, hotel of similar type from another equally large chain that throws in a free hot breakfast -at the same rates- and also happens to have a nice view as well that is very worthy of your consideration.

As it stands this hotel is very nice. Located In a very modern and clean suburban area. And like its competitor it's a breath of fresh air from the multitude of old and dated hotel properties concentrated in an area just 5 miles north between I-95 and I-295.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Flagler Center? Share your experiences!