“Best Butter Chicken ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #199 of 1,775 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Best Butter Chicken ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I live at the beach, but whenever I am craving Indian food, I always drive out to Flavors. They have my favorite dish (Butter chicken) and it never disappoints. Their chicken tikka masala is delicious as well. I always get extra naan so I can dip (I've heard it's tacky to lick the bowl, but the sauce is really amazing).

Always friendly servers, and you can't help but laugh when you see the funny Indian pop videos playing on the screens.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New city, ny
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I've had Indian in several different states across the US, but this was a first in Florida.

We went for dinner on New Years day with another couple and it was surprisingly busy.
Given, it was a holiday so there were several very large groups. That being the case, it seemed that there were only 3 employees that night. A cook, a server, and a bus boy.

It took over half and hour to order our food. Their mango lassi is delish! However my friend had ordered a beer which he didn't get for another half an hour.

It took nearly an hour to get our food. We didn't order too much either.
Garlic naan, baked to perfection! we ordered more!
Lamb samosas which were very very good. All the other Indian restaurants i have dined at usually serve it with a mango chutney or a mint, but they used a different sauce, not sure what it was, nonetheless it was good and spicy.
Their chicken tikka masala was very good.
The extra spicy lamb curry is what brings someone back, so so yummy.
Their butter chicken was TOO buttery. I know, I know, it is BUTTER chicken, but usually it is very mild but the butter was overwhelming.

And they have mango/vanilla self serve ice cream! Original! Although I personally thought it tasted like cardamon.

Overall, we were able to overlook the slow service because it was a holiday. The food was excellent and they even have Hindi pop music videos playing nonstop!

Check it out! You won't regret it!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Tasty fare..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Tasty Indian buffet, friendly staff, clean, family friendly place. Wide variety of food, you will definitely find something you like. I'd recommend it.

Saint Johns
“Food okay - server was overwhelmed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We go out for Indian at least once per month. I know what to expect in terms of food quality. So, when I saw a Groupon for this restaurant, I jumped at the chance! We used it on a Saturday night, and were disappointed. It took nearly 15 minutes just to get drinks and a menu. Our waiter was pleasant, but he was overwhelmed. There were only about 10 tables full, but he was the ONLY server apparently. There were several other employees that we could see, but NONE were helping him. One was wiping down the buffet table from lunch and another appeared to be wrapping silverware in napkins. So, once seated ,we sat there with empty water glasses and no food, bread, nothing for nearly 45 minutes.

When it came, the food itself was actually pretty good. Not the best in Jax – but above average. However, it was not terribly (temperature) hot because it sat there for a while waiting on our busy waiter to pick it up. Also, it came with literally a small cup of rice to be shared between four adults. The Naan bread which is usually served first arrived with the meal. The waiter dropped the food did not ask if we wanted more water and then disappeared for a long period of time. After we waved down the lady whose job it appears is silverware wrapper, and she helped us - so, we finally got some water refills to help put out the fire from the spicy Indian food.

Then, getting our check was the next challenge. We sat there for another 15 minutes with dirty dishes on our table trying to get the bill. The guy that appeared to be the owner walked around asking ‘is everything okay?’ But, never grabbed dirty plates or offered to refill water, get us a check, etc.. very strange – especially you’d have to be blind to not see our waiter could not keep up. He was literally running and sweating.. I felt bad for him.

The bottom line is – my guess is that this place is great for lunch where it is set up as a buffet not so much strain on the servers. But, for dinner, even for a small crowd, they can’t handle the volume. Perhaps they should cross-train their employees to back each other up. It is unacceptable with four employees in sight to have one do all the work while patrons put up with bad service.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, FL
“Best Indian food in Jax!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

This is a must try in Jacksonville. The food is excellent and the lunch buffet is a 10 of 10. We just live Favors.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere