“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295

You added Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295 to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7019 Commonwealth Ave, I-295, Exit 22, Jacksonville, FL 32220   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #43 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

This hotel was great! Staff was exceptional! Will definitley stay again!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
St. Petersburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

The rooms are nicely decorated and moderately appointed. The staff were helpful and friendly. However, I had to leave the property and find a Publix so that I could buy some Lysol and a candle....It smelt like a nursing home, it was very hard to relax and my clothes smelt like that room for the whole of my next day - which ws embarressing. I will never stay there again; this is not typical for Comfort Suites.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
South GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

We have just returned from spending 4 nights at this hotel. It was a GREAT value at $74.99 per night. The room was in great shape, very well up kept. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom fan did not work so there was lots of condensation while taking a shower. The shower was ok, but could stand to be lots better.
The staff was very friendly. However, the lady cleaning our room did a horrible job. She did not even vacuum the floors..and with 4 children it definitely needed it. The breakfast was ok also. I was looking for a wider variety of hot foods, but at least they did offer a hot food. One our first morning they had sausage gravy and biscuits, the next morning was sausage patties and eggs, the next sausage links and french toast, and then the last morning was sausage gravy and biscuits again...so if you don't eat sausage (and I don't) there was nothing hot there for you. However, they did have all of the "standard" breakfast items (toast, muffins, danish, etc) in addition to the hot items.
As others have commented, parking is limited. They do have some additional parking at the neighboring Wendy's...but this hotel was full every night and those extra parking spots even filled up.
We would definitely stay at this hotel again, the good far outweighs the bad!!!
This hotel was super quite...we did not hear anything once we were in our room with the door closed.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
columbia sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

We could not believe the low rate for such a beautiful hotel. The beds were outstanding. the bathroom almost spa-like. A huge minifridge, microwave, couch and coffee table, desk , super clean . We did not hear a peep in the hotel all night long. The pillows and beds were so comfy. The security cameras down each hall, inthe parkign areas and the lobby made me feel very safe since I was a woman traveling with two young grils.. I wish all Comfort Suites were as nice as this one! I have staye din room twice the rpoce and they were so much less nice!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Automation Alley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

I have work in the area and have stayed at this Comfort Suites many times. It is clean, quiet, comfortable beds and has a great breakfast bar for the morning. I highly reccomend this location.

• Liked — New and the beds are AWESOME
  • Disliked — next to highway but not noisy, just the location
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Westminster, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2008

I recently stayed at this hotel while I was in Jacksonville for the annual UGA/UF game. This hotel was a very pleasant surprise.
Firstly, I was able to get a great military rate of $84 a night. It only took 15 minutes to get to the hotel (all highway) from the airport, and 15-20 minutes to get to Altel Stadium w/o traffic. Not a bad location, all in all.
Room was very clean and modern looking. Beds were VERY comfortable: on par with what you'd get at a full-price Marriott hotel. HS internet was a breeze to get connected to. Very happy with the room.
Was greeted at the checkin with warm, tasty cookies. A good start to a fun weekend.
The accommodations were much better than I expected. The downsides would be very limited parking (I ended up having to park at an adjacent hotel and risk not getting a ticket/towed). There was only 1 small elevator that was in constant use. This usually isn't an issue for me, because I'll take the stairs. Umm, good luck finding those quickly and other travelers and I found out. Yeah, they are there, but nowhere near the elevator. Breakfast was only decent. There is a Wendy's adjacent to the hotel. Other than that, you'll have to hunt a little bit to find decent food.
I gave this hotel 5 stars because the accommodations/room were such a treat and a pleasant surprise. While some things could be improved, overall, this is a great place to stay when traveling to Jacksonville.

• Liked — the room was terrific
  • Disliked — VERY limited parking
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cheraw, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2008

I am taking my daughter on a Spring Break Road Trip to visit colleges around the country, and we made it to Jacksonville, Florida last night. Wanted to get part way around the city so when we head west on I-10 this morning we wouldn't be fighting traffic. Warning: almost no hotels between getting on I-295 from I-95 South and I-10!

We saw a billboard for a Holiday Inn at this exit, and tried it first - stinky, major bar crowd, not for a mother and teenage daughter. Came back to the Comfort Suites we had seen as we exited I-295.

This seems to be a pretty new property, extremely clean, very well lit parking lot, all interior corridors, very helpful staff, huge room with sofa, microwave, frig, two beds, huge TV, nice bathroom with a Waterpik shower head.

Extremely comfortable beds with great linens, and lots and lots of super fluffy pillows.

We are right next to the elevator, and you can hear the ding when it arrives, and we were a bit concerned about whether that would interfere with our sleep but it turned out to be no problem at all.

Very quiet well insulated hotel.

Hands down the best Comfort property I have ever stayed at - really a very clean and comfortable hotel, felt very safe and secure.

• Liked — Very clean, safe, spacious
  • Disliked — Nothing to not like.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295? Share your experiences!