“Weekend with friends” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295

You added Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295 to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7019 Commonwealth Ave, I-295, Exit 22, Jacksonville, FL 32220   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #53 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
SW Florida
“Weekend with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Jacksonville with a group of friends to attend a music festival. We had a clean room and good coffee. Our breakfast was average, I would suggest real cups and stay away for the disposable ones. Real cups are a small thing that helps travelers feel more comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hello John...and thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments about the clean accommodation and good coffee. Our full hot complimentary breakfast buffet consisting of 3 coffee /tea, 3 fresh fruits, 3 cereals, 3 yogurts, hard boiled eggs, 3 donuts, muffins, bread, english muffin, hot egg dish, breakfast meat, 2 waffle choices, and 3 juices is well regarded by our guests - I will look into the coffe cup issue you had to see what can be done in the future.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hillside, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I am a choice Diamond member and spend about 150 nights a year in choice hotels. In all the years as a member I've had my bad experiences but have never taken the time to review a hotel. I've had that attitude "let someone else do it". Today I decided that I will start to write reviews.
First, this hotel is very nice. It is clean, up to date and in a good location to downtown. I have no complaints other than the fitness center. I stayed in this hotel back in March for 2 nights and I was disappointed that the treadmill was out of order. I work out on treadmills every morning and every evening when traveling and this is a very important part of my stay. A fitness center with working equipment is very important to me. I mentioned this to the staff and they said it was scheduled to be repaired. I checked in to the hotel last night and was to tired to work out. I got up this morning at 4:45 to do 1.5 hours on the tread mill and I was very upset to find the machine still "out of order".
I decided to use the stationary bike but that's not really my thing. After 30 minutes I decided to lift weights and I then realized that of the 3 pieces of weight lifting equipment , 2 were broken.
From a total of 6 pieces of fitness equipment only 3 were in service. This in my opinion is obvious negligence. I understand that something can break, but it's obvious that this hotel does not view the fitness room as an important part of a stay for some guest. I will be fair, if you don't work out then this is a clean and good place to stay but if you are like me and like to use the time your in a hotel to stay fit then SATY AWAY.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Hello John...And thank you for the many positive things you stated about our hotel. The fitness center will have all new equipment in about two weeks. I do apologize for it taking so long. We hope to see you soon and thank you for being a valued Choice Elite Diamond member - we appreciate your loyalty.

Bill, GM
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

This property was clean and a great place to stay for the price. I had a good night sleep and check-in and out service was great. The complimentary hot breakfast was good and plentiful. Even though it was a one night stay, I will stay there again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Good day...Thank you for your review - WOW, a perfect score! I will make sure all staff see's your positive comments. It was our pleasure to be of service...

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I always stay with Choice Hotels, and Jacksonville has quite a few to offer. I chose this particular location because it was easily accessible from I-295, and only a short ride downtown. I had some hiccups that prevented from arriving at a decent hour. When I did arrive, it was 1:30 in the morning, and the night auditor breezed through the check in process.

I was pleasantly surprised by the room. It had been updated from the ones displayed online! The King Suite with a Jacuzzi was spacious, clean, and extremely comfortable. The bathroom was very nice and they had a walk-in shower was a bonus in my book.

People complain about the beds being noise and uncomfortable, but rest assured... I slept like a baby. The bed was a nice combination between soft and firm. The bedding was bright white with a plush comforter. The pillows were larger than your standard, flimsy pillows most hotels offer.

I stayed on the second floor, it was quiet and I didn't hear anything from anyone else.

They do have a no cash and no partying policy which I appreciated. More the partying policy that the other.

The staff was very friendly and helpful!

Thanks for a good stay... I'll see you soon!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 211 and didn't have any complaints!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Good day Mr. Walsh...And thank you for your in depth review of our hotel. Your many positive comments are certainly appreciated - I will relay to staff a job well done!

Granger, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This property was clean and fairly up to date. The rooms were comfortable and fairly spacious. The complimentary hot breakfast was good. Conveniently located right off US295. The rate was about average. All in all a good experience

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello Tom n' Barb...We are pleased you had a good stay with us. Thank you for mentioning the full hot breakfast buffet as we get many positve comments on this value added amenity!

See you soon,

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I didn't stay here to long. Just for one night. It was a nice room and they had a complimentary breakfast. So overall not bad for the price! It seem like a nice family hotel. If you are in the mood for BBQ there seems to be a few in the area.

Room Tip: Its sort of far from everything and not much around that section.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
God day and thank you for your post. We appreciate the compliments and I will relay to staff a job well done!

Bill, GM
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

had trouble checking in. That should of been our warning. We had a reservation and an agreed to price. Then, after checking our bank statement a few days later we see a charge we never agreed to. The hotel finally admitted the mistake and removed the extra charge but what if we did not look at our CC and then dispute the charge? So if you stay here, check you Cc days after. You may get charges never agreed to like we did.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for your response. I do apologize for the posting error on your credit card. Mistakes do happen on rare occasions and are surely unintentional.

Since your post did not mention any other issues, I am at a loss to your marks on our accommodations, cleanliness, service and sleep quality. Monthly surveys from past guests average 9.5 or higher on all those catagories based on a scale of 10.

Saying this, I again apologize for your issues and wish you pleasant travels.

GM

Been to Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295? Share your experiences!