“My stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295 to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7019 Commonwealth Ave, I-295, Exit 22, Jacksonville, FL 32220   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #59 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Pensacola, Florida
“My stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

This property was clean and a great place to stay for the price. I had a good night sleep and check-in and out service was great. The complimentary hot breakfast was good and plentiful. Even though it was a one night stay, I will stay there again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Good day...Thank you for your review - WOW, a perfect score! I will make sure all staff see's your positive comments. It was our pleasure to be of service...

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I always stay with Choice Hotels, and Jacksonville has quite a few to offer. I chose this particular location because it was easily accessible from I-295, and only a short ride downtown. I had some hiccups that prevented from arriving at a decent hour. When I did arrive, it was 1:30 in the morning, and the night auditor breezed through the check in process.

I was pleasantly surprised by the room. It had been updated from the ones displayed online! The King Suite with a Jacuzzi was spacious, clean, and extremely comfortable. The bathroom was very nice and they had a walk-in shower was a bonus in my book.

People complain about the beds being noise and uncomfortable, but rest assured... I slept like a baby. The bed was a nice combination between soft and firm. The bedding was bright white with a plush comforter. The pillows were larger than your standard, flimsy pillows most hotels offer.

I stayed on the second floor, it was quiet and I didn't hear anything from anyone else.

They do have a no cash and no partying policy which I appreciated. More the partying policy that the other.

The staff was very friendly and helpful!

Thanks for a good stay... I'll see you soon!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 211 and didn't have any complaints!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Good day Mr. Walsh...And thank you for your in depth review of our hotel. Your many positive comments are certainly appreciated - I will relay to staff a job well done!

Granger, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This property was clean and fairly up to date. The rooms were comfortable and fairly spacious. The complimentary hot breakfast was good. Conveniently located right off US295. The rate was about average. All in all a good experience

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello Tom n' Barb...We are pleased you had a good stay with us. Thank you for mentioning the full hot breakfast buffet as we get many positve comments on this value added amenity!

See you soon,

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I didn't stay here to long. Just for one night. It was a nice room and they had a complimentary breakfast. So overall not bad for the price! It seem like a nice family hotel. If you are in the mood for BBQ there seems to be a few in the area.

Room Tip: Its sort of far from everything and not much around that section.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
God day and thank you for your post. We appreciate the compliments and I will relay to staff a job well done!

Bill, GM
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

had trouble checking in. That should of been our warning. We had a reservation and an agreed to price. Then, after checking our bank statement a few days later we see a charge we never agreed to. The hotel finally admitted the mistake and removed the extra charge but what if we did not look at our CC and then dispute the charge? So if you stay here, check you Cc days after. You may get charges never agreed to like we did.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for your response. I do apologize for the posting error on your credit card. Mistakes do happen on rare occasions and are surely unintentional.

Since your post did not mention any other issues, I am at a loss to your marks on our accommodations, cleanliness, service and sleep quality. Monthly surveys from past guests average 9.5 or higher on all those catagories based on a scale of 10.

Saying this, I again apologize for your issues and wish you pleasant travels.

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Pulling in we quickly spotted a parking problem. The parking for the hotel is small. So small that the parking lot next door at the Wendy’s fast food place is posted for overflow at the hotel. Also the handicap parking is a joke. 4 spaces are reserved for handicap and all are under the building, in a garage area. It would be nice if it was not for the concrete poles placed in the parking lot making it very hard for a disabled person to get in and out of a car. And then they have to walk all around to the front of the building to get in.

One could tell this hotel has had problems. At the front desk there are signs saying NO PARTIES. Any parties and you will be evicted. Then in the room there were two signs saying all items are inventoried in the room and you will be charged, after you leave, if any item is missing. That is one reason why this hotel accepts NO CASH or pre-paid debit cards to pay your bill. This way they have a credit or bank card on file to charge you after you leave.

One more thing we learned. Imagine booking a suite with a hot tub. Only when you go to check in, they advise you the hot tubs in the room do not work. Then they mention the rate you were quoted, on line, is what they have to charge. They can only change the rate if you called and booked through the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Good day and thank you for your review. I do apologize for the parking issue you experienced. Typically, we have ample parking in our lot and have secured the front row of Wendy's adjacent to the property as overflow for those rare times it may be needed. The handicapped parking is a bit tight but, it is as the hotel was designed.

To say the hotel has problems is inaccurate. In fact, we service over 25,000 guests yearly and have not had any problems in the three years I have been the general manager. Our policies of no cash, no pre paid debit cards and no parties have been extremely effective in creating a safe and pleasant atmosphere for our honored guests. This is why we have been designated an 'exceptional' property for Choice Hotels and receive very high marks on surveys from past guests.

GM

Been to Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295? Share your experiences!