Stayed here for two nights on a business trip. Room was of average appearance with dated furniture and mattress/pillows. Upon entrance to lobby you are greeted by a friendly associate and are directed to the elevator if you are on floors 2,3 or 4. The elevator is very slow and small in size. Upon exiting the elevator on the 4th floor, I noticed a dehumidifier in the hallway. It makes one wonder if the mgt. is taking shortcuts with the HVAC system in using the dehumidifier(s).
Entrance into the room reveals a clean and tidy appearance, but it can be deceiving. Take a look at the photos and you will find some issues with dirt/dust build up in corners, especially in the restroom between the toilet and the wash basin. The toilet was clean as was the sink/tub. Take a look at the photos of the wall mounted HVAC system. You will see the air filters are very dirty as was HVAC unit itself. I took the cover and filters off/out and cleaned them in the bathtub. You can see the difference in the photos. In my opinion, if the hotel mgt. does not keep the HVAC system clean, what other shortcuts are being taken in regards to cleanliness?
On the two nights I tried to access the internet using the in house Wi-Fi I was unable to do so. I was able to connect to the router, but the log-in screen never popped up. I was able to use the hard wired Cat-5 cable next to the desk to access the internet.
The mattress was not very supportive and the pillows need to be replaced soon. The chair cushion at the desk was also compressed and did not offer support. If you intend to use the desk for work, beware of the amount of space. Your laptop/paperwork will compete with the lamp, phone and coffee maker. They do supply an iron/iron board and I did have to clean the iron as the iron had water left in it and the sole plate had white particulates around the steam holes. The room also offers a microwave and small refrig.
I did not eat breakfast but did notice that the hotel supplied USA Today in the lobby. For a hotel in the caliber of ChoiceHotels, I found this franchise to be on par with others around the country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern all suites AAA three diamond rated property. Complimentary full extensive hot buffet breakfast daily. All suites contain either one king or two queen Sealy upgraded bedding along with a sitting area with a couch that is a queen sleeper sofa. Other suite amenties are: microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, premium television channels and much more. Complimentary wireless internet throughout and also hard wired in the suites. Sparkling swimming pool. Nearby all Jacksonville attractions/venues.Conveniently located off I - two ninety five exit #twenty two with I - ten and I - ninety five close by. Many restaurants nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Jacksonville i-295 Hotel Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Comfort Suites