“Great service with a comfortable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295 to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7019 Commonwealth Ave, I-295, Exit 22, Jacksonville, FL 32220   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #50 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Great service with a comfortable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was greeted at check-in with a warm welcome from the front desk agent and the GM, Bill Flor. They took the time to get to know me during the check-in and to recommend places to eat that fit my liking. They even gave me a menu to take to my room! This property is in excellent shape and very clean from the parking lot, entrance, lobby, and guest room. I went out to dinner and came back to find a very well lit parking lot (they even have lights that wrap around the palm trees!). Did I mention their breakfast? It was awesome! They had everything a normal hotel breakfast has but they also have breakfast sandwiches that you can make along with blue berry pancakes! (I guess they change the pancake flavors occasionally)

Room Tip: Check out their jacuzzi suite!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for your positive review! It was our pleasure to be of service and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

My Best, Bill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pompano Beach Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suite, on Commonweath Ave in Jacksonville, FL for one night on my way North for work. This hotel does not look so old, but it is in very bad state.
Water damage on the bathroom walls & ceiling. Mold all over the caulk of the tub & in the grout lines.
The bed was very noisy. Every time I moved in the bed it sounded as if the bed would fall apart. The TV was a MASSIVE 46 inch Tube TV. That could only be seen from the bed. You could not move the TV to watch from the sofa or the desk. The sofa had a rip & a stain. Two walls had been painted a dark red color. But the looks like the painter used a toothbrush to apply the paint. Very bad wall/ceiling repairs everywhere. The desk clerk seemed confused while checking in. I walked around in my socks all evening & before bed my socks were so dirty, I tossed them out.

The Internet service is very slow & you have to watch a commerical to get the internet.

I will stay away from this Comfort Suites from now on. Btw, I am a Diamond Elite member of this chain.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Good day barbuhomme:

Thank you for your post - the feedback is appreciated. Of specific concern are the comments about the tub, bed and carpet. Our property is rated 'Exceptional' and the overall scores pertaining to cleanliness are typically of the highest caliber. Our carpets are cleaned on a regular basis and the beds are 'state of the art' Sealy Posturepedic pillow tops.

Saying this, I apologize for your issues and not being up to standard on this specific visit as I am personally responsible for everything that occurs at this property. As my staff will attest to, we strive for zero defects.

I have looked to see if the issues were logged at the front desk so I could have maintenance attend to the bed and have further training done with the housekeeper that cleaned the suite but, was unable to find it. We will however institute property wide reminders of the proper proceedurers to ensure all honored guest 100% satisfaction.

Thank you for keeping us on our toes!

Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here last month for one night in-route to our vacation destination in soutwest Florida. It is the best on-the-road overnight stay I can remember. The room was clean, bed was very comfortable, staff very friendly and accomodating, and the included breakfast was the best "included breakfast" I can remember (fresh fruit, yogurt, sweet breads, eggs, bacon, sausage, juices, cereal, toast, muffins, make your own waffles) Within 5 minutes of getting to our room the lady at the front desk called the room to see if everything was okay . . . and it was, but that was a very nice touch ! Met the manager at breakfast who made the rounds to see if everything was okay with each and every guest.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Good day NC_Old Guy...and thank you for your post - that's what I'm talkin' about!! We strive every day and dedicate our professional lives to ensure 100% guest satisfaction - zero defects. I will share this with the staff as a goal to accomplish with each and every of the 15,000 guests we serve annually!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

NIce hotel. Lady taking care of the breakfast area was very good. She kept the food fresh, clean up after everyone, wiped tables down as guest left the breakfast area. The remainder of the stag were pleasant any helpful. The rooms were on good condition and very comfortable. If your looking for a nice pool to sun at, this won't work for you. It's located under the hotel. Be okay for kids to swim and get excercise. Over all stay was good !

• Stayed September 2012
Hello IBSANC...I am pleased your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to being of service again when your travels bring you back to JAX.

Safe travels,

Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I booked this room because I couldn't get a closer one to my event. I checked in on 6/21/12 and the lady at the desk was helpful, but strange. I can detect when someone is being falsely pleasant and that is what I felt at the time.

The first night there, the desk chair broke when I leaned back. I ended up on the floor. The next morning, I let the lady at the front desk know, but had to explain twice because her English didn't seem very good. At least she asked if I was OK.

The rest of the stay was uneventful. The room was clean and not a bad value. The location was in an industrial strip mall kind of place next to a Wendy's (avoid the Wendy's).

I used their hardwire internet and it was fast enough for internet browsing. The internet service wanted to ask you questions about your life before you signed in. I figured out later that you didn't have to answer the questions, but they still wanted to market something to you.

The hot breakfast was the usual hotel fare and seemed to be attended to by the staff.

I got home and used my laptop after my stay and the firewall and security had been turned off. I don't know how or when it happened, but it happened somewhere during my stay while using their internet access. Be wary while using your computer there.

Overall, I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Good day FKCSDad...Thank you for your post. I must say that after reading the title I was expecting some issues to match it. My staff has been described as the" friendliest staff" by hundreds of guests. The one who checked you in is genuine and by no means fake. Our location is in a corporate center not 'strip mall'. I do apologize for the chair mishap and glad my valued front office manager asked if you were OK.

Again, thank you for your post and pleasant travels.

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Family of 5 stayed at this hotel, 25-26 May, 2012, during JAX trip to attend the U.S. Men's Soccer game vs. Scotland. My first requirement for choosing this hotel was their capacity to accommodate 2 adults and 3 kids in a single room. Second requirement was a good location, in terms of a short drive to downtown. This hotel definitely met those requirements.

Rooms were fairly up-to-date, clean and comfortable. Was surprised to find a good-sized bathroom, with an also up-to-date fit and finish. Wi-Fi access in the room was sometimes challenging, but once connected, worked fine. Complimentary morning breakfast was the standard Choice Hotels spread of breads, pastries, cereals, yogurt, waffles and a couple of hot items (rotating each morning). As with many hotels, the breakfast crowd exceeded capacity during peak hours, but they would set out the food items earlier than the published schedule, so early-risers could beat the crowd. Also, there is a Wendy's fastfood restaurant adjacent to the hotel. I believe there was a pool and fitness center, also on-site, but our schedule didn't allow time for those.

If we ever need to return to JAX and need a hotel within a short drive to downtown, this would be our pick.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Good day Family 5...Thank you for your positive feed back which I certainly will share with the staff. We hope to be of service again in the future.

Bill, GM
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I chose this property for convenience and value, and it met my needs on both. It's right off an interstate in an industrial area, with a Wendy's next door. While check-in took a few extra minutes, I appreciated the call I received a short while later making sure the room was acceptable. However, I was concerned by all the anti-theft signs in the room, leading me to wonder what type of people stay there (and whether I'd bring my family there). The hangers in the closet were also anti-theft, a problem for hanging up a shirt to de-wrinkle. Breakfast options included make-your-own waffles, which was a nice alternative to the basic economy buffet foods offered. Overall a good night sleep for not much money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Good day RSW777...Thank you for your recent post. I'm glad you mentioned our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet. Yes, the choice of two kinds of waffles seems to be a big hit along with eggs, breakfast meats, cereals, fruits, yogurts, donuts/muffins, breads, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, grits and of course three different types of juice and coffee. Indeed, a family can save a lot of money with this value added amenity.

Happy travels to you and thank you for staying with us...

Bill, GM

Been to Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295? Share your experiences!