“Stay here !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295

You added Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295 to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7019 Commonwealth Ave, I-295, Exit 22, Jacksonville, FL 32220   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #43 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Stay here !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here last month for one night in-route to our vacation destination in soutwest Florida. It is the best on-the-road overnight stay I can remember. The room was clean, bed was very comfortable, staff very friendly and accomodating, and the included breakfast was the best "included breakfast" I can remember (fresh fruit, yogurt, sweet breads, eggs, bacon, sausage, juices, cereal, toast, muffins, make your own waffles) Within 5 minutes of getting to our room the lady at the front desk called the room to see if everything was okay . . . and it was, but that was a very nice touch ! Met the manager at breakfast who made the rounds to see if everything was okay with each and every guest.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Good day NC_Old Guy...and thank you for your post - that's what I'm talkin' about!! We strive every day and dedicate our professional lives to ensure 100% guest satisfaction - zero defects. I will share this with the staff as a goal to accomplish with each and every of the 15,000 guests we serve annually!

My Best,

Bill Flor, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

NIce hotel. Lady taking care of the breakfast area was very good. She kept the food fresh, clean up after everyone, wiped tables down as guest left the breakfast area. The remainder of the stag were pleasant any helpful. The rooms were on good condition and very comfortable. If your looking for a nice pool to sun at, this won't work for you. It's located under the hotel. Be okay for kids to swim and get excercise. Over all stay was good !

• Stayed September 2012
Hello IBSANC...I am pleased your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to being of service again when your travels bring you back to JAX.

Safe travels,

Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I booked this room because I couldn't get a closer one to my event. I checked in on 6/21/12 and the lady at the desk was helpful, but strange. I can detect when someone is being falsely pleasant and that is what I felt at the time.

The first night there, the desk chair broke when I leaned back. I ended up on the floor. The next morning, I let the lady at the front desk know, but had to explain twice because her English didn't seem very good. At least she asked if I was OK.

The rest of the stay was uneventful. The room was clean and not a bad value. The location was in an industrial strip mall kind of place next to a Wendy's (avoid the Wendy's).

I used their hardwire internet and it was fast enough for internet browsing. The internet service wanted to ask you questions about your life before you signed in. I figured out later that you didn't have to answer the questions, but they still wanted to market something to you.

The hot breakfast was the usual hotel fare and seemed to be attended to by the staff.

I got home and used my laptop after my stay and the firewall and security had been turned off. I don't know how or when it happened, but it happened somewhere during my stay while using their internet access. Be wary while using your computer there.

Overall, I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Good day FKCSDad...Thank you for your post. I must say that after reading the title I was expecting some issues to match it. My staff has been described as the" friendliest staff" by hundreds of guests. The one who checked you in is genuine and by no means fake. Our location is in a corporate center not 'strip mall'. I do apologize for the chair mishap and glad my valued front office manager asked if you were OK.

Again, thank you for your post and pleasant travels.

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Family of 5 stayed at this hotel, 25-26 May, 2012, during JAX trip to attend the U.S. Men's Soccer game vs. Scotland. My first requirement for choosing this hotel was their capacity to accommodate 2 adults and 3 kids in a single room. Second requirement was a good location, in terms of a short drive to downtown. This hotel definitely met those requirements.

Rooms were fairly up-to-date, clean and comfortable. Was surprised to find a good-sized bathroom, with an also up-to-date fit and finish. Wi-Fi access in the room was sometimes challenging, but once connected, worked fine. Complimentary morning breakfast was the standard Choice Hotels spread of breads, pastries, cereals, yogurt, waffles and a couple of hot items (rotating each morning). As with many hotels, the breakfast crowd exceeded capacity during peak hours, but they would set out the food items earlier than the published schedule, so early-risers could beat the crowd. Also, there is a Wendy's fastfood restaurant adjacent to the hotel. I believe there was a pool and fitness center, also on-site, but our schedule didn't allow time for those.

If we ever need to return to JAX and need a hotel within a short drive to downtown, this would be our pick.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Good day Family 5...Thank you for your positive feed back which I certainly will share with the staff. We hope to be of service again in the future.

My Best,

Bill, GM
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I chose this property for convenience and value, and it met my needs on both. It's right off an interstate in an industrial area, with a Wendy's next door. While check-in took a few extra minutes, I appreciated the call I received a short while later making sure the room was acceptable. However, I was concerned by all the anti-theft signs in the room, leading me to wonder what type of people stay there (and whether I'd bring my family there). The hangers in the closet were also anti-theft, a problem for hanging up a shirt to de-wrinkle. Breakfast options included make-your-own waffles, which was a nice alternative to the basic economy buffet foods offered. Overall a good night sleep for not much money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Good day RSW777...Thank you for your recent post. I'm glad you mentioned our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet. Yes, the choice of two kinds of waffles seems to be a big hit along with eggs, breakfast meats, cereals, fruits, yogurts, donuts/muffins, breads, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, grits and of course three different types of juice and coffee. Indeed, a family can save a lot of money with this value added amenity.

Happy travels to you and thank you for staying with us...

Bill, GM
Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from 5/19/12-5/20/12 with my boyfriend and his parents on our way to Orlando, FL. This hotel was nice and very clean. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful and make sure that our stay was as comfortable as possible. For a hotel just to stay one night at while passing through, we were very happy with this one. We also got an excellent rate using the Choice Hotel Rewards program as well as the AAA discount, making this even a better experience. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone passing through Jacksonville looking for a nice, clean, comfortable place to stay. I cannot comment on any local attractions because we did not visit the area, but I was pleased with the hotel stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Hello Laura R...Thank you for taking the time to post a positive response! I will certainly let the staff know of your comments. It was our pleasure to be of service...

Riverview, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 9/23/11-9/25/11 with my family and experienced the most horrendous situation I have ever have in my life. We checked in on a Friday night, very tired and exhausted with 3 children. We put our things down, showered and went straight to bed. As soon as we laid down we smelled a STRONG stench of urine in the bed. We sniffed around and discovered a HUGE wet circle of urine in the midde of the bed. Someone wet the top of the bed and we laid in their urine! I called downstairs in a fit of rage and was told by the staff on duty that he would let someone know and offered to move our room. He was very non-chalant as it werent a big deal which further angered me. The next morning the manager shows up and she is just as non-chalant, offered no aplogies and went on to tell me that "they moved my room" as if that will satifsy the fact that me and my children laid in someone else's urine. No apologies, no sense of disgust or outrage from her AT ALL. This experience has forever scarred me and I am very afraid of sleeping in hotel beds as a result. I can not believe it took me so long to write this but I felt nothing would be done but I tell you one thing, I will NEVER forget that as long as I live and I will NEVER stay at this hotel EVER. No one from management called after the stay and they even charged us full price for the stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Needless to say, I am shocked! As you can see from past reviews this is certainly not what we are all about. A property does not reach #6 of 132 hotels in Jacksonville on TripAdvisor by operating in such a manner.
I have been at this property as GM for well over a year and have never heard of such a complaint and believe me this is something that would have been brought to my attention. I would like to mention that we do not have a female manager as I hold that position.
If you are ever back in the area please see me and I will personally ensure a 100% satisfactory stay.

Thank you...Bill Flor GM

Been to Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295? Share your experiences!