“Great Value in JAX” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295

You added Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295 to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7019 Commonwealth Ave, I-295, Exit 22, Jacksonville, FL 32220   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #52 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Value in JAX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

This is a great value for the business traveller. An excellent location from which to access greater Jacksonville yet far enough from the downtown area to remain affordable and quiet. The rooms are newly furnished, clean and spacious. Great bed and shower. Staff is friendly and helpful. AND... there were real eggs for breakfast, not the yellow disc things. This will be my chosen hotel in Jacksonville from now on.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. It was certainly our pleasure to be of service and well worth while getting up early to chase those chickens down for real eggs!

Bill & Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Clarksville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

This hotel is located in an industrial area of questionable charactor, we booked for two days, on the morning of the second day a knock on the door at 8:00am woke us up. It was the housekeeping staff wanting to know if they could CLEAN the room?? I travel frequently and have never received a knock on the door to clean the room at that hour and I never put a "do not disturb sign" on the door. When I spoke to the general manager I was told that the housekeeping staff had no way of knowing the room was occupied. Which means this hotel is so poorly managed that they don't know what rooms are occupied or that the manager was not telling the truth. Room was poorly lit, carpet stained, and the vent fan in the bathroom did not work and in need of thorough cleaning. I travel to this area a couple of times a year and will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Good day and thank you for your post. Responding to your comments, I offer the following: 1) Yes, we are located in a distribution (not industrial) area. However, I'm at a loss as to what you mean by "questionable character?" This is a safe area with hard working people. We have the pleasure to be of service to those conducting business nearby as well as many leisure travelers .2) I recall speaking to you about the 8 a.m. knock on your door. Certainly, we know if a room is rented but, not physically occupied at any given moment. If a guest does not want not to be disturbed they need only to place the 'Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and their wishes will be respected. 3) Last, all our suites have recently been deep cleaned and are fresh and our exhaust fans are on a timer to ensure optimum guest comfort.

I will not respond to your personal comments as to my poor management of our award winning facility or not being truthful as it goes to my character and lifes work and not appropriate in this forum. Again, thank you for your post as constructive comments help us provide better service to future guests.

new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Stayed here for the second time prior to a cruise..The suites are large and clean and the beds comfy. The free internet is a bonus..Great morning breakfast and endless coffee!! The staff are all wonderfull!!

I will certainly stay here again...Also very close to shopping center with a super walmart for supplies prior to sailing!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, November 12, 2011
Good day bestbabyone! It was great to have you as our honored guest once again. Thank you for your comments. Please come back as the local Walmart has budgeted for a monthly visit from you. My Best...Bill.
North Port, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on our journey to Sarasota and we were more than pleased with the accomodations. The presentation of the hotel was excellent and the front desk staff couldn't have been more polite and helpful. Will definitely stay at this location on our next trip. The room was spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was hot, plentiful and delicious. We even had the staff serving us which we knew was certainly not part of there job but they have a great staff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Thank you karenpat2! I'll let the staff know how pleased you were with your stay. It was great to have you as our valued guest and it was a pleasure to have spoken with you on check out.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I can not use enough superlatives to describe the time I had at this Comfort Suites. The desk person Rochelle really made us feel welcome, and even called us later in the evening to see if there was anything she could do to make our journey better.
Breakfast was great. The general manager checked us out in the morning and gave information about the area. We look forward to staying at this inn in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Hello Jim...thank you for your post. We appreciate your feedback and please 'do drop Inn' again when you are in the area.

My Best, Bill - GM
Interlachen, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011 via mobile

Well once again our truck ended up in a shop and here we are again at the Comfort Suites in Jacksonville and once again our stay was outstanding. Everyone went way above and beyond for us. The manager Bill managed to aquire a truck driver discount based on our last stay and he took excellent personal care of us. We have decided to take some of our home time and spend a night or 2 broken truck or not just because of the service. Thanks Bill for being the wonderful manager you are. The rooms and food were perfect as always and we recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great nights rest. And 5 stars to the whole staff u guys are the best. See you all on our next trip.

• Stayed September 2011
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Thank you for your kind words! We always look forward to being of service to our favorite 'road warriors' ! Good to know we may see you in the future that is not prompted by another repair!

My very best,
Bill
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

This hotel was great. the staff was extra friendly from beginning to end. It started with a phone call for directions. we were just passing through and i picked this hotel to stay 1 night and then continue on the our way to orlando. The bed was comfortable and breakfast was great. I could not have picked a better place to stay the night. The kids really enjoyed the covered pool.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
Hello 2sweet4u...thank you for the kind words! I will make sure all the staff reads your post. Please come back when you are in the area!

My Best,
Bill Flor, GM

Been to Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295? Share your experiences!