“Newer hotel at a great price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295

You added Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295 to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7019 Commonwealth Ave, I-295, Exit 22, Jacksonville, FL 32220   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #43 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Newer hotel at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

My family (2 Adults and 4 kids ranging from 10 to 16) stayed here for one night on our way to Orlando. The hotel was clean and in a good neighborhood. Another plus is it is right off of the highway, so there's no getting lost.
The service was good and the rooms were well appointed and clean. On top of that, the price was great when booking in advance. This one is a winner.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again real soon!
Bill Flor, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

I was very pleasantly surprised and impressed with this hotel. I was traveling with a colleague for business and this hotel was close to our clients. It is a little off the beaten path (not much around it), but close to our clients and close to I-295. The price was great, the hotel was great, and the staff was probably the friendliest hotel staff I have ever worked with. Rochelle was very hospitable and pleasant to work with. She gave us a recommendation of a restaurant that turned out to be a great place to eat! The complimentary breakfast was impressive. The hotel was clean and spotless and the maid service was consistent.
Thank you for making this a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
We appreciate your positive feed back! Yes, Rochelle is certainly one of a kind. I wish she had a twin or perhaps we could clone her!!

Interlachen, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Our truck broke down and for 5 days we felt as though we were home with family with the old fashioned style rooms, quaint country breakfast, very friendly staff, it definitely made being stuck a great experience.

• Stayed April 2011
Glad to have made your unscheduled 'pit stop' as pleasant as possible! We hope the road is treating you well and come back soon (but, not due to a break down!)

Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

Everyone was very friendly. Bill the manager was so nice. He offered directions and came around at breakfast to see how we were doing. The room was very spacious. My son loved the cookies at check in. More hotels should be like this one.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Glad to see you had a pleasant stay. I bet you did not know I come in at 4:00 A.M. to bake the cookies...only kidding, Otis does the hard work!

Mount Dora, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

The manager down to the cleaning people, went over a beyond my expectations. Profesional,nice, clean and helped out, letting my company get set up in the conference room ahead of time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
We look forward to hosting you again...keep those cards and letters coming!

Gainesville, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

I stayed at this property for one night prior to departing on a cruise. It's about 15 min. from Jax Cruise Port. I am a part time travel agent, and I have booked many clients at this location. All of my clients have been satisfied with their stay. The bathroom is all-in-one (vanity and shower area all in one unit) and my preference is to have a vanity separate so others can get ready at the same time, but this is just a personal preference.
The dining was typical continental fare--- hot waffle machine, cereal, toast, fruits, etc...
Rooms were nice sized with either a king and a sofabed or 2 queens and a sofabed.
There is an outdoor pool but it is covered overhead.
The only one drawback of the property is there is only 1 elevator, so at times there is a bit of a wait.
Next door is a Wendy's but other than that, there are not really any other restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the property.
  • Stayed April 2011
Hi Becky....Appreciate the thorough review. Just to let you know (for the next time) there are about 5-7 restaurants within a very short drive of the property. If you have a wait for the elevator on the next visit, give me a shout and I'll take you up in my private one (!?).

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

The staff at this hotel is very friendly and exceptionally courteous. They assisted with our drivers safety/staff meeting and it was such a pleasure to work with such a helpful group of people. Breakfast was an added plus!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Great adjectives...friendly, courteous, helpful (or are they nouns?? - been a while). Thanks and hope to see you soon.

Bill Flor, GM

Been to Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295? Share your experiences!