“False Advertisement beware and more.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Jacksonville

Comfort Suites Jacksonville
You added Comfort Suites Jacksonville to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Jacksonville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jefferson Rd, Hwy 9A & Atlantic Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32246   |
Ranked #77 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
port orange
“False Advertisement beware and more.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I filled out my reservation on line and gave them my personal informaiton and Discover Card which they accepted and recieved my confirmation. When I arrived to check in they would not accept my Discover Card! So I asked what am I supposed to do, you accepted it for my reservation? Answer, well you can pay cash. Nice...if I wasn't tired from driving and not knowing the area I would have left, so I used my Visa. Point is, someone else may not have cash or another type of card. That is false advertising, never offered a discount or anything for my trouble.
Second ladies beware the bathrooms, just cheap all the way around. Lighting is terrible, towels (2) are of the cheapest materials, thin and rough. Not much in the way of soaps or shampoo.
Third, breakfast they talk about is a joke. Biscuts and gravey, bread,no eggs, no meat,nothing else hot. Six oucne cups for your coffee and other drinks...low class.
Fourth, the snack bar they ADVERTISE in the room brochure for snacks does not exist at all in the hotel...nice.
And lastly, no signage to find the hotel from the main road...good luck folks.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
lake jackson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel thinking it was gonna be really nice for the price for me and my family. Boy was I wrong, the room was renamed St. John's Suites. The walls were so thin that I could hear the tv of the people next door. I heard stomping around most of the nights at all hours because the people up stairs from us. the hotel staff was alright but really nothing to brag about. They ran out of towel one morning and said they would send some up, after 2 hours I had to send my daughter down stairs to go get some. The cleaning staff was very nice though. The chairs were torn, the room had a musty smell. no where to just walk to, to get something to eat., not that I would walk around in that neighborhood. the hot breakfast was just bisquits and gravy the whole 3 days we were there. On the last day, my daughter went down at 8:35 to go make her some waffels and the batter was already put away. The breakfast was supposed to be there till 9. Over all not a good stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Gaffney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

My family and I stayed here while traveling back home to SC. The hotel was priced well but our room was a little worn. The room had stains on the carpet but it appeared to have been cleaned and the staff tried to make it nice. The front desk clerk was very nice and efficient and the other staff were helpful also. The location of the hotel was good and stores are restaurants were close by. Overall, I would probably stay again and would recommend because of the price and helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2009
NEW JERSEY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

This was just a stopover for us to Orlando. The hotel is new and displays touches of much more expensive places. The beds were comfortable, the rate unbeatable from their own website, and breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Fla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

Nothing wrong with this hotel. It's in a busy downtown but the hotel is quiet. We had a pleasant stay but probably would stay at the Comfort Suites at the World of Golf in St. Augustine because it's only about a half hour away and just a little better. This is a good hotel and I would say don't worry about staying here.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2008

The bed was so comfortable. The gold damask cover was pretty. The bathroom was spotless with beautiful counters. It was florida Georgia weekend so there were no cribs available, but overall everything was clean and comfortable

• Liked — The cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

Suites means a pull out couch in the same room with a partial wall devider. The TV was right in the middle of the wall devider so you could not even really watch it. The bathroom was in deplorable condition. The tub and walls were plastered over with that white re-sealant stuff. It was all pealing off and I had to go buy bleach to clean of the mold and mildew.
When the tropical storm took out the power my kids were completely bored. I was taking them out to play in the flooded grass next to the hotel (well protecetd by two large buildings) and asked for towels. The manager denied us towels and said he could not give us PERMISSION to let our kids play in the puddles. I did not know that I needed his permission, nor was I asking for it. HOW DARE HE! Then the next day the maids asked us if we put ours babies in the pool in the storm. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
We were in Florida for our daughter's wedding. We were in need of 27 more rooms that weekend. I made sure no one stayed there. We only stayed because it was already pre-paid for through Hotels.com and I could not afford to pay for another Hotel.

Stayed August 2008

Been to Comfort Suites Jacksonville? Share your experiences!