“The Place To Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Place To Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you are looking for a place that has a staff that goes that Extra Mile to be of service, an extremely comfortable clean room, and a complimentary breakfast that is superior. Plus, the location has wonderful top restaurants for lunch and dinner meals, shopping and the beautiful beach close by. For us it was close to MAYO CLINIC and had Great Rates. We highly recommend this as 'The Place To Stay.' Best four days and we'll be back again every few months.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jaxby1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Greetings from The Hampton Inn. Thank you kindly for your wonderful review. Many guests, like yourself, rave about our close proximity to The Mayo Clinic. We are currently a preferred hotel of The Mayo Clinic and provide complimentary shuttle service to the clinic as well. We look forward to your next stay with us.

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Daphne, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel is in a great location near shops, restaurants and the interstate and worked well as my home base for two nights while I visited St. Augustine. A newer hotel built with communal table in the breakfast area, bright colors, high ceilings and two smiling faces at the desk at check-in. My king room on the top floor away from noise (as I requested) was large and I like how Hampton Inns place the king bed against the wall of the bathroom so the bed faces the window. Loved the large walk-in shower and the decor, linens, carpets and upholstery in the room were up to date and fresh.

I always appreciate a microwave and refrigerator in the room but don't like one-serving coffee makers. The dresser is designed to fit into a corner with the TV on top, and I like that updated style. The best part of the room and which I've never seen before in a hotel - attached to the bedside nightstand was a power box with 3 outlets in different configurations! You could plug in all your electronics to be charged or used without looking behind furniture for an outlet and then pulling a dresser away from a wall to use it. I've seen outlets attached to lamps on hotel room desks, but this was neat and I even plugged in my hairdryer and used the mirror on the closet door.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property. I am confident that your detailed feedback will be very helpful to the TripAdvisor community. Our property was recently renovated in January 2013 making everything top of the line for our guests. Our goal is to have each guest leave 100% satisfied. I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. We love having you here!

Saint Petersburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

If you're going to Jax, stay at Hampton Inn Baymeadows. It's clean, safe, and close to the interstate, but not right next to it. There's an abundance of eating places and shopping near by. Outback, Carrabas, Sneaker Sports Bar, and Sticky Fingers BBQ are within a short walking distance. St John's Town Center is a short car ride for more restaruants, movies, and shopping. Hampton Inn Baymeadows is very close to the University of North Florida, our reason for for staying there.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing The Hampton Inn for your recent stay. We are a preferred property of The University of North Florida and in fact, the closest Hampton Inn to campus. We are also pleased to offer complimentary shuttle service to campus should you not wish to drive. Like yourself, many guests rave about our proximity to so many restaurants within walking distance. We look forward to your next stay!

Warner Robins, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Awesome Hotel!! I would definitely stay here again. Friendly staff, very clean & a very nice location. We vacationed in Florida, & everything was extremely well. On our next visit to Florida, we will be staying here again. I Love This Place!! :)

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings from The Hampton Inn! I am so happy to hear that you had an awesome stay with us!! We are currently ranked in the top 5% of all Hampton Inn's in the United States. We are extremley proud of our property and award winning staff. We love having you here and look forward to your next stay!

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed 1 night at this Hampton. It was just what I always expect from a Hampton: friendly service, clean property, and a very comfortable bed. Breakfast buffet was a little tired, OK cheese omelet and fruit salad that looked canned. Nice change of pace with kiwi juice blend at juice dispenser. The overall location is convenient, right next to 295 and there are several chain, mom-and-pop, and fast food restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay! I am so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience. We truly appreciate the comments regarding our breakfast buffet as we are always looking to improve our guest's experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Rotonda West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed for one night on business travel. Front desk staff very pleasant . My room was very clean and comfortable. Had a 2 queen bed room. Microwave and refrigerator a welcome amenity. Toiletries included shampoo, conditioner, mouth wash, lotion and shower cap. Internet was fast and there are many channels to choose from on the TV. The only disappointing item was the duvet covers were extremely lumpy. I did not use the pool, but it looked very clean and refreshing. I'm not a fan of the On The House breakfast so I passed on that.

The area is very nice with several restaurants within walking distance.

I will definitely stay here again when in Jacksonville.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
jaxby1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Greetings from The Hampton Inn! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property for the TripAdvisor community. I am very pelased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We are an award winning Hampton Inn and actually ranked in the top 5% of Hampton Inn's. We are extremley proud of our property and friendly staff. Like yourself, many guests rave about the cleanliness of the guest rooms along with our great location and proximity to restaurants and shops. We hope to see you again soon!

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very disappointing stay, but at least it was only $69 a night. It felt like being in a motel. We hated staying in this room and felt gross the whole time. Our room had:
* Filthy, old carpet with visible stains everywhere
* A moldy smell and damp feeling to everything, including the carpet, bedding and towels
* Thin, scratchy towels
* Broken towel bar in the bathroom and broken shelf in the kitchenette area
* A bizarre layout, with the TV so far from the bed you could barely see it

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
jaxby1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I'm terribly disappointed to hear about the cleanliness and maintenance issues you encountered. Our dedicated team goes through a lengthy process to ensure each room meets our high service expectation and your feedback lets us know we need to reevaluate our processes. Thank you for your comments and please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. If you have any additional comments or concerns, please let us know. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly so that we can be certain to address your concerns. We hope we'll have another opportunity to see you again.

(904) 517-5032
Jennifer.D'Amico@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows? Share your experiences!