“Best yet” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Ridgeway, South Carolina, USA
“Best yet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great overnight stay on the way to Tampa. Room and staff were great. Very close to restaurants. The breakfast in the morning was exceptional for being complimentary. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jaxby1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We truly appreciate your response! Our Hampton Inn is truly one of the best! In fact, we are ranked in the top 15% of all Hampton Inn's. Guests tend to love the fact that we are within walking distance to over 10 different restaurants. I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of this convenience. Please come back and see us. We love having you here!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Tamarac, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were driving north from Florida and decided to do it in three days. We also decided that we would spend the two nights on the road at Hampton Inns. Our first stop was in Jacksonville, FL. The hotel was a bit older than we had anticipated and the very reasonable price of $56.05 should have clued us in. Our room was on the first floor in the far rear of the hotel. The room was clean and neat with all the amenities you expect from a Hampton Inn. They had even provided the two extra pillows we had requested. However, when we got into bed we found that the duvet was extremely heavy and although it was cold in Jacksonville for us, I threw off the duvet on my bed (we had two queen sized beds). My wife did not sleep much at all due to the very loud air conditioning/reverse cycle heat unit in the wall under the window. The next morning she mentioned it to the front desk so they could have it fixed and to our surprise they cancelled our bill. We left early in the morning and did not stay for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response and feedback. We are always looking to improve our service so that we are able to provide top notch service and amenities to our guests. Our Hampton Inn is 5 years old and was actually recently renovated in January 2013 to include a fresh new "perfect mix lobby," a renovated Fitness Center, new carpet on all guest room hallways and several new amenities in the guest rooms. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Decent place to stay for my recent business trip.
The location is near a handful of restaurants that you can walk to so that was very nice. The staff was super helpful and friendly so that was a big plus. Breakfast is included which was nice.
The rooms were just okay but the bed was super comfy and I slept like a rock.

• Stayed October 2012
Greetings from The Hampton Inn. Thank you for your response. I am so glad to hear that you found our location off of I-295 to be convenient for your business trip. Travelers tend to find our location to be very pleasant with close proximity to shops and restaurants all while getting a quiet peaceful nights sleep. We hope you will choose Hampton Inn in the near future.

Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Just getting around to reviewing 2 stays in July and August 2012. Great Hampton property with everything you would expect. Rooms are clean, breakfast was great and pool was perfect. Check out the sports bar next door and the Bubba Burger Grill across the street. Will be my new base on all future Jax trips.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our property! We are very pleased to hear about your wonderful experience. Guests tend to love our proximity to restaurants and find it convenient that they are able to walk. We look forward to welcoming you in the future!

orlando, fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Upon Ck in I was handed a letter regarding issues with the Internet but was told its spuradic and doesn't last long. So I decided to ck in. Big mistake wasn't working at all! Went to front desk told them of my dissatisfaction and they offered their satisfaction guarantee refund. The girl at the desk was very understanding that my work requires Internet and called her mgr to cancel my stay which was nice.
Hotel room (king suite) seemed a bit old to me, not really up to my standards. Prob won't come back, but their svc was good. Stayed at another hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
jaxby1, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at our hotel; your comments are appreciated. I apologize that the internet access was an area of concern. We were undergoing a mandatory Hilton internet upgrade that was a bigger project than we had originally anticipated. I again apologize that we could not provide a great hotel stay for you. If you plan to travel to the area again in the future, please consider staying with us as we would love another chance.

Josh Longenecker
Hampton Inn Jacksonville I-295 East & Baymeadows
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Have always been pleased with the Hampton Inn group. My stay at this site proved to be of the same calibre. Friendly, helpful staff. Close to a variety of restaurants which all served great food. When I mean close, I mean within a very short walking distance of a few minutes. Breakfast was also varied and worthy of getting up early! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing The Hampton Inn I-295 East/Baymeadows for your recent stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful guest rooms and delicious breakfast. We are pleased to serve a variety of breakfast items in order to meet everyones needs. We hope you will continue to choose Hampton Inn in the future!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The room was great for the price, breakfast eggs and french toast was a bit overcooked but who's perfect also the cleaning crew should pay alittle more attention to detail like sweeping under things especially in the bathroom. These are little details I noticed, but all in all I'll be going back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows? Share your experiences!