“Great rate for a quality hard to find in the immediate area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4888 Lenoir Avenue, Jacksonville, FL 32216   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #37 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Cincinnati
“Great rate for a quality hard to find in the immediate area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

SUMMARY:
One of the cleanest hotels in the immediate Bay Meadows area
Provides adequate quality one expects from Marriott family (not top, but not below basic Marriott expectation)
Extremely nice staff
Extremely competitive rate

I work in the Bay Meadows area at least 6 weeks every year. This area is very "spotty"; a very odd mix of large office building complexes and a main strip with restaurants and one-off businesses. Although there is some residential area near-by, it's an odd collection of development. I have stayed in 3 other hotels in the area - two part of the Marriott family - and were very dissapointed with the quality of other hotels; this Fairfield is the one standard worthy of the Marriott brand in my opinion. It's not immaculate, but at least you can go into your room without suspecting whether they cleaned after the last guest. The other two Marriotts in the area - the Courtyard and Residence Inn - leave much to be desired to this Fairfield. If you have business in the BayMeadows area, stay here. Their rates might be slightly higher than other hotels, but it's still very low compared to many others, and it's definitely worth it.

Room Tip: If you like wings and a dining environment with good "character", try Gator's off Bay...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I spent three nights at this Fairfield Inn and it was a great experience. The room was super great, comfortable beds, very clean, As a Marriott platinum elite member, I asked for an uprgrade as I was going to have my two little grandkids with me for the 3 nights., The front desk was more than happy to accommodate me. The breakfast was great and the guy who worked the breakfast was so nice to the kids and went out of his way to make sure I had everything I needed for them. The room was always cleaned on time and it was a great overall experience. A lot of the upscale hotels I have stayed at were not as nice as this property!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

we stayed here for a week while house repairs were being done. we enjoyed everything about the stay!! great indoor pool, nice room, breakfast was good... nice staff

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I come here often for work and I am always welcomed with open arms. They remember who I am and that is so comforting to walk in and they know your name. It is like family. I called to ask for tea for my room and they gave me a plethora of choices. It was so nice. This is definitely the place to stay. I come here even though my clients are not close to this hotel but I think it is worth it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed at this hotel while in a house hunting trip to Jax. I chose it because 1) it is a Marriott and I am a points hog, 2) it was the cheapest of the Marriott brands in the area and 3) all of the great reviews on TripAdvisor.

Ryan checked me in and just like others have said, he was great. I mentioned to him that I was relocating to the area and he offered up a whole bunch of suggestions which were very much appreciated. Ryan was there when I checked in around 7:30 PM as well as when I had breakfast around 8:00 AM the next day - I hope they give him a bed!

As for the room, it was a bit small and crowded but worked for a single traveler for one night. They must have cleaned the carpets earlier in the day because my carpet was definitely wet when I checked in - again, it wasn't a big deal because I was in flip-flops and bare feet but had I been wearing socks I would have been annoyed. I set up my laptop to do some work and had zero WiFi reception, however I had my own MiFi hotspot so it wasn't a big deal for me - had I not had that I would have been more annoyed. Also, the desk area had six outlets but they were all underneath the desk at normal plug height (1 - 2 feet off the ground) which was VERY annoying to plug everything in. Usually the newer Marriott brands have outlets at desk level or built into the desk light. And finally, as others have mentioned, the towels are paper-thin.

Oh, and there seemed to be a lot of hype about all the great restaurants in the area. All I saw was an Applebee's, Cracker Barrel and a Waffle House. IMHO, that's not a great selection.

Anyway, I'd stay here again if the price was right but only if it was for a night or two.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Strongsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

The Fairfield Inn was selected over the host hotel for a convention based on the Trip Advisor ratings of the host hotel and an available Marriott Point Saver promotion. The exterior was traditional new Fairfield Inn, but once inside, one could easily confuse the facility for a flagship Marriott property. I think this facility had an identity crisis - all to the benefit of the guests.

Check in was speedy and the room was on an upper floor as requested. The night manager, Ryan was very professional, adorned in a suit and made several restaurant recommendations, mostly chains, in keeping with a moderate price of Fairfield Inns, but was aware of more upscale independently owned dining fare when prompted. A concierge that works nights!

The hotel has an indoor pool, exercise room, and breakfast area and the lobby furniture and woodwork were on par with what one finds in many Marriotts and included a water feature on the main wall. The breakfast area has tables as well as a bar with lots of outlets for laptops and Internet access. Breakfast included a waffle maker, a couple of hot items that changed daily and other cereal, yogurt, fruit and bakery items. The room was spotless and television, bedding, and draperies were on par with what one finds in most Marriott hotels. The bath had a furniture quality vanity with granite counter tops, upgraded wall tile and but for the lack of a robe and enhanced toiletries, this could, again, be a flagship hotel. Being a Farifield, the heating/air conditioning was provided by unit installed through the wall, but controlled by an on-wall thermostat. I later found out that the system was designed for energy efficiency with a shift to an energy saving mode when the room is unoccupied but a transfer to normal operation when sensors in the door transmit data to the AC upon a guest's return. The only quibble was that during a cold snap, the system switched modes between heat and cooling as it hunted for the right warmer temperature. Obviously the system was designed for hot Florida summers and not for the infrequent unusually cold spring.

All of the staff was extremely cordial and the keeping of clean was ever present. Overall this property is highly recommended, being a great value, close to the freeway and shopping and dining locations and if you need to go downtown, the drive is easy.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

There is nothing more comforting to a traveller than to be greeted each morning with a smiling face and a cheerful attitude. I am amazed how Lorraine managed to greet each person coming in for breakfast, assist them with the selection, clearing tables, making coffee, restocking the food selections, and delivering each completed toast, bagel, or waffle to the diner. I would like to use her to my staff on what customer service should be.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard? Share your experiences!