“GOD SENT SUPERMAN, WITH OUT CLARK KENT” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
Value Place Beach Boulevard
3425 Saland Way, Jacksonville, FL 32246   |
Jacksonville
“GOD SENT SUPERMAN, WITH OUT CLARK KENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I truly want to say that I want to honor the men that are the staff there. First Steven, Mark and Gary. Steven he is such a sweet heart, He call and checked on me, when I call and told Him that I won't be able to make it on that Saturday, possible Sunday I shall arrive, After my windshield was crack from a fallen branch in Ga Storm. i call back to let Steven know that my windshield was replace, Mark answer and stated that he was aware of my situation. He reminded me to dial 500, when I arrive Sunday. MY WINDSHIELD.
Gary was such a gentlemen as well, he assistance me in what I was in need of, during my stay, they were such a blessing of being customer friendly.
I RECOMMENDED THEM A RAISE.
. I WILL TRULY MISS THE GENTLEMENS WHO HOLDS A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY PRAYERS. BLESSING TO THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES.
MINISTER VASILIKI L. DANIELS

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I think when people are unfriendly, they receive unfriendly service... That being said, I found the entire staff here to be super nice and very helpful. As for noise, it's a hotel. Stop complaining. My 8 month old son slept through the night here. The washers and dryers work perfectly (unless of course you over fill them), and are reasonably priced at $1.50 each. Didn't have any bedbugs either... Wish people wouldn't write such unpleasant reviews, as this place isn't so bad.

• Stayed September 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My stay here has been a pleasure since the moment i arrived. Front desk was very pleasant and thorough on the details of the extended stay polices and what was expected of me and what i can expect from them. They gave me all the proper information and have always greeted hello when i walk in and have been helpful with places to find in the area, since I'm not a local this was very helpful. My room was clean and fit everything i needed. Laundry on site is a plus and parking is never a problem. Price is extremely reasonable and have been treated nice by other people that I've run into that are staying here as well. Great Job Value Place!!! Thanks

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Boston,MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Terrible place to spend even a night! Management needs to be totally replaced, front desk lack customer service and have some seriouse guests relations problems! We are new parents with an infant and they have placed us next to house laundry - very noisy, disturbing baby sleep. When we requested another room, front desk agent Jennifer refused, stating that she keeps all other rooms for future reservation,which is extremely rude, unprofessional and disrespectful to in-house guests! The way they treat us here is totally wrong and something must be done! We were on ground (non-smoking) floor and could smell tobacco smoke every single night through the bathroom fan, coming from the second "non-smoking" floor..When I notified front desk, a man acted like hi doesn't care at all and advised me to speak to manager for possible room change. BUT this is supouse to be a non-smoking floor??!! Nightmare! Also, floors/carpets are dirty and rooms have filty smell! Couldn't wait to get out as fast as we could. Will never be back to this disgusting property and not sure if will consider value place chain ever again!

Room Tip: First and Second are listed as non-smoking, 3d and 4th are smoking. However on ground floor we could...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

I’m sure this isn’t the worst place to stay in JAX, but if you’re looking for an extended stay, I’d keep looking. The price wasn’t outrageous, but I can’t say that it was worth it. My biggest complaints were the noise and the people who seemed to have taken up permanent residence there. I don’t know if the walls are really thin or if I just had noisy neighbors but it seems like all you hear are doors slamming, people talking, kids screaming, and footsteps. Constantly. I realize that hotels can’t block out everything that makes noise, but I travel a lot and this place was BY FAR the noisiest place I’ve ever stayed at. The other big thing is that it is quite obvious to me that some people literally live there. I don’t know everyone’s situation, and it’s none of my business, but I was under the impression that the Value Place chain has polices that prevent people from living there. Like I said, as far as the individuals are concerned, it’s none of my business what they do. But I hope Value Place realizes how cheap this makes them look. Also, the A/C unit seemed to only work when it wanted to. And that’s not good in Jacksonville in July. Despite the constant noise and awkwardness of the fact that people live there, there were some positives. First off, it is in a decent location. I stayed there when I took a job in JAX and the commute downtown was a straight shot and fairly easy. And it’s not in a bad part of town either. Also, despite the facility’s shortcomings, I felt the staff was friendly and helpful. I checked in “after hours” and the guy that helped me didn’t seem to mind and even offered a few pieces of advice. However, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t glad to get out of there. We had an apartment lined up, and even though the furniture and my wife hadn’t arrived yet, I went ahead and started staying there anyway. I bought a cheap air mattress, one of those captain’s chairs, and a cheap TV. It wasn’t much, but it was better than the Beach Blvd. Value Place. Bottom line: if you’re desperate, go for it. But there are much better places to stay in JAX.

Room Tip: I don't know that there is a "best" room...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Lake Charles, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Stayed for one week. As soon as I walked in the door I was greeted by the smell of a really musty "bad restaurant" smell. Not a clean place at all. When i called the property manager to complain, he said "There's nothing keeping you from leaving; but there's no way I can give you a refund." So i sucked it up and finished my week. After moving, I broke out with massive hives. After going to the doctor, he said I had been bitten by bedbugs. An exterminator checked my luggage, full of bedbugs and their eggs. So I picked up bedbugs from this place. DON'T EVER STAY HERE!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010 via mobile

Me and my husband were getting out of the navy and our house lease was about to expire and the only place to turn to was value place. What these reviewers say about the place being trashy, etc. Is not true, the place is very clean the staff is there to help whenever possible. They make sure your comfortable with where your living. I think people on this site are just trying to make it difficult to get more people to stay here. I have never seen staff here smoking or being drunk so that has to be a lie. This place is like living in an apartment so you have to fend for yourself most of the time. I would suggest value place to anyone. Its near all the places you need to go. Also has free use of the gym and military discount. I give it 5 stars

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Value Place Beach Boulevard? Share your experiences!