“Excellent Central Place to stay in Jax Area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #32 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Asheville, United States
“Excellent Central Place to stay in Jax Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Clean quiet rooms with attentive staff. Great Central location to Jax and Fernandina Beach FLA. Service was great with a great close location to many restaurants and shopping. Be sure to visit Fernandina Beach where there is also a Hampton Inn right on the riverfront in the middle of all action

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wheat Ridge, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is very good Hampton. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. The shuttle to the airport was excellent - used it twice. It takes only a few minutes to be picked up and dropped off. The only negative was cleanliness of 2nd hallway (floor stayed on). It should have been vacuumed. Also wifi connection in room did not work; had to go to hotel hobby to get a connection. To me, these negatives were minor. If I had been on business, the lack of wifi in the room would have been more of an issue.

Augusta, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

If you come to sleep you are in the right place, the beds are comfortable and clean, the room is spotless because I bring my own wipes and I was very impressed with how clean everything was. We came to unwind and spread out and got a suite but it was small and the toilet was low. The service was very good but there was one problem when an incoming call wasn't transferred to our room because there was only one phone line. I checked on that and there was a problem with the phones but that is not what they were told.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Princeton, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I booked two night stay. But I was checked out after the first night without any notice. Here is my story: In the second day, when I came back from my trip, I used my door key to open the room (I stayed during the first night) and I found I was not able to enter the room. I came down to the front desk and asked why my key was not working. She gave me a new key and I went back upstairs and tried to use the new key to enter the room. I found the key was still not working and I heard some people voice from the room. It was very dangerous since I kept using the key to enter the room that was occupying by some other people. I went back to ask the front desk. She found that the room was checked in by some other people. I asked them why this could happen and they cannot explain. I wanted them to check whether I have left anything behind in my room after the first night. But still haven't hear any response. I may still have something in that room. Terrible!!!

Gettysburgh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

stayed at this hotel on a one night layover traveling from pennsylvania to Sanibel Island, Florida. We thoroughly enjoyed the hotel from check-in to the continental breakfast on departure. We stayed in a suite which was extremely large, well furnished and clean. The hotel is conveniently located off of Interstate 95 yet far enough from the Interstate and other major roads that traffice noise was not an issue. Highly recomend this place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Newark, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

When we plan our drive to Florida, we always include the Hampton Inn at the Jacksonville Airport for our last stay-over before our final leg to Tampa. This is a newer and larger Hampton Inn - and it is one of the best around. We always count on super-comfortable beds and spotless rooms, and we are never disappointed. The staff is the absolute friendliest and the free breakfast always hits the spot. We would never think of staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: If you are entering Florida on I-95, stop at the visitor center to pick up a coupon book. There is a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've stayed at a few Airport hotels and they are usually dated and not as clean as I would like. This hotel surprized me because it was neither of the above. I was happy with the desk staff but the staff who handled the breakfast and shuttle were some of the best I've experienced! I recommend the hotel if your traveling in or to Jacksonville, FL.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville-Airport? Share your experiences!