“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riverdale Inn

Save Saved
You added Riverdale Inn to your Saves list
Riverdale Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1521 Riverside Avenue, Jacksonville, FL 32204   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Riverdale Inn. The breakfast was delicious. And, the entire Bed and Breakfast was decorated nicely with antique furniture. We were able to relax near the river and explore the general Jacksonville area. I will stay here again.

Theresa

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Islamorada, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I only stay at B&B's when traveling, if the location has them. We completely enjoyed our stay at the Riverdale Inn. The hosts' were very gracious and allowed us early check in as we were headed to a wedding and needed extra time to get prepared. Our room was very nice and the sumptuous robes added a nice touch. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds we've ever had while vacationing. The breakfast was outstanding with a choice of dishes, all prepared to order. This is a jewel of Jacksonville. We will definitely stay at the Riverdale Inn again!

Kym and Scott Papp

florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Romantic weekend in mid December with the wife. Nice facility. We stayed in the Park Suite which while nice was not worth the extra money in our opinion; fair amount of road noise, noise from neighbors and the heater/AC was annoying. The staff was friendly and courteous.

While nice, I do not believe we would stay again.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms in the front of the house - road noise from Riverside Ave
Tallahassee, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

As a State of Florida employee and public health advocate, I wanted to stay at a hotel that would support the local economy, be smoke-free, and be within walking distance of restaurants and parks -- all while staying within state pricing guidelines. Riverdale Inn satisfied all these requirements and more. I felt welcomed and comfortable from the moment I arrived. Breakfast was so awesome I took a picture of my plate! I was able to check office and home email from the Gum Bunch Pub as well as from my room. Beautiful river-front Memorial Park is a short walk away, as is the Five Points shopping district with many locally owned restaurants. (For dinner, I walked to Al's Pizza on Margaret Street, where I had a reasonably priced personal pizza, salad, and glass of vino.) History buffs will love this house, built around 1901-1906. I recommend families consider booking the two rooms in the old carriage house. The Petite Lancaster (where I stayed) has two twin beds; the connecting Lafayette has a king bed and a sitting area. Can't say enough good things about the staff (especially Eric and Carolyn): More like family welcoming a traveling cousin than a business accepting a new customer. I hope to be back with my family for a weekend vacation!

Room Tip: The carriage house is separate from the main inn, so perfect for a family who wants to rent both roo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Gulfport, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there many times and would recommend again and again. My favorite room is Margaret window but several rooms have gas fireplaces which is an added bonus. Breakfast is cooked fresh to order and they always accommodate special diets

• Stayed November 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Really enjoyed it. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. It's walking distance from a nice park and area with restaurants/coffee. The Inn is beautiful and it has a lot of character. Very clean and the inn keeper prevented me from leaving my phone plug behind.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

though we live only an hour from Jacksonville - a business meeting with several out of town associates brought all of us the night before to the Riverdale Inn. What a frankly shocking delight! We may try to think of excuses in the future to come down and stay the night. This is a perfect spot for families, couples, friends, business or solo !! The Inn is lovely. First of all - it is beautifully restored and decorated. Each (large) room is beautiful (doors of vacant rooms are left open, which feels inviting and allows for peeks. The owners have esquisite taste. Though a historic property - the bathrooms in each room have been completely renovated with current fixtures and conveniences. Second - the housekeeping has to be mentioned - the entire Inn 'shined' - not a speck of dust anywhere. Third, The entire first floor is "public" - including a lovely sitting room with fireplace, a huge dining room with many tables for 2/4. and a small pub area just inside the back door (and porch). Fourth, Everyone was friendly and helpful without being intrusive at all. TV and Internet everywhere. and finally -- breakfast was really surprising - quite a menu for a B & B - with orders taken, dishes presented and removed - - no 'serve yourself' here (except for coffee and OJ). I cannot recomment The Riverdale Inn enough. (please read the review below mine also - as she gives great detail as well). There are several very good restaurants in the area - we enjoyed a fabulous dinner at the Black Sheep - - just across the park from the Inn - - highly recommended!

Room Tip: oops - in my exhuberance i mentioned a swimming pool (and there is no way to 'undo' that...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Riverdale Inn? Share your experiences!