“Yes, but again, no....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr.

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr. to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr.
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10434 Midtown Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32246   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tallahassee
“Yes, but again, no....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I usually frequent the OMni downtown, that has exceptional service. I chose Homewood Suites, as I was traveling to see a show at the performing arts center but also wanted to treat the kids to a weekend of shopping/theatre - closest thing to NYC's 5th avenue in a two hour drive. The day prior to arrival I received and email asking if I wanted to "standby upgrade" for an addtional $9.00. Now upon checkin, I asked about this upgrade, explained that it would be "great", since the trip had changed from a 1 child 2 adults, to a 3 children 1 adult, and the upgrade to a 2 bedroom would be great. I was told "sure let me see if I can do that for you". The front desk agent was kind and understood the rooming situation and since the hotel was not sold out, said that she would grant the upgrade. Suddenly the agent on the other terminal said "NO! You can't do that! "She" said no "specials"....well...in my mind, I almost walked out right there. Under no circumstance should a front desk agent interrupt another agents check in process in this manner in front of a guest. So I asked if I could speak with a manager, and the agent who interrupted said, "They are gone for the day", so I asked if there was a MOD, to which I was told no. I was checked into my originally booked room type, and although I was very upset about what had transpired at the front desk in front of the children, I understood hotel availability and that whatever and whoever "She" was and what "She" said, that the one agent felt it more important to stick to the plan and upset a guest, rather than simply allow her co-worked to complete the transaction, or at least, pull her aside to the back office and explain so the guest would not know what had transpired. It was embarrassing and almost degrading to the desk agent who was assisting with the checkin. She had almost handed me the key to the upgraded room, when the other agent stopped her with a "NO! She said not to honor any special offers". I went up to the assigned room, and soon the phone rang. I thought, "Oh good, they are going to make this right," but no, they called to ask me to check the pull out couch because they had given me a room that the couch may not work in. So, looking at the couch, it did not work, it was tied shut with a black zip tie. So, the 4 of us, 3 kids, and myself, took the trek back to the desk, and were offered the same category on another floor. The first floor. I asked for a different floor, because traveling alone with 3 children, we prefer not to be on the first floor, with the window to the street. The agents were both nice at this point and accommodated the request. The also pre blocked another family member that was staying with us so we could be on the same floor, although the other room was all the way on the other end of the hall.
Miss Stephanie is the only reason we didn't walk out of the hotel. She was kind and doing her best to make the best of an embarrassing situation.
The rooms: There is so much furniture in the living room of the one bedroom suite that it was hard to turn around. By all means, get rid of the fake plants! They simply gather dust and clutter the room. Keep it clean and simple.
Bed was super comfortable.
Cleanliness of the room was adequate, however I did find one pillow that seemed to have a drool stain, that didn't belong to us. There were no utensils and someone took the coffee pot out of the room between morning 1 and 2. Also missing were a bottle of perfume and a deodorant???? Oddly enough....Saturday noon desk staff was wonderful, and very accomodating with the other family member. (Gold status). On Sunday morning, the maids were knocking so loudly on the doors all the way down the hallway, you could not have slept pasta 8 if you wanted to. I had the "later please" magnet on my doorframe, and the door was opened anyway after a loud quick knock. Thankfully I am a user of the bolt and safety locks so the door only opened as far as the safety lock would allow.
The kids had a fine time shopping, and the location of the hotel may mean that I might return, but not without hesitation.
if you need ice you have to go to the front desk and get it from the kitchen and use your refridgerator ice bucket.
Great location, right in the heart of the shopping center.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for selecting to stay with us at the St Johns Towncenter. We are located in the middle of 300+ shops and restaurants all within walking distance of the hotel. If you would please reach out to me directly so we can speak about your experience. Our staff does work very hard to provide outstanding customer service. Please reach out to me directly the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for 3 nights last weekend. What I liked: Friendly, helpful staff; close to the outdoor mall including grocery stores and restaurants (many within walking distance); comfortable bed and pillows; furnishings in room were clean and in good condition; the oatmeal at the free breakfast was good. What could use improvement: the outdoor hot tub was not very hot; would have loved if their standard was to put a top sheet above AND below the blanket on the bed, since I always wonder how often the blankets and comforters are washed. Things felt/looked clean though.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here in the Towncenter. We are in the best location in town with over 300+ shops and restaurants all within walking distance of the hotels. We do offer a complimentary full breakfast daily and an evening social Monday through Thursday.
We look forward to your future stays with us Please reach out to me directly the next time you are visiting Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights as part of a business trip, and really cannot fault either the hotel or its wonderful staff. Nothing was ever too much trouble, and the rooms and general facilities were well appointed. The area of St. John's Town Center is also excellent, and I look forward to returning to the area in the near future. If I do, I know where I'll be staying!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us here in the Town Center, here we have over 300 retail and restaurants all within walking distance of the hotel. Our staff works very hard at providing outstanding customer service. The next time you are traveling to Jacksonville please reach out to me directly so I can personally make your reservations! we look forward to your many return visits!
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for a week on business and was pleasantly surprised after a disappointing arrival which was my only gripe.

The hotel had me in a different room to what I had booked and it was right next to a massive air-con generator which blasted away all night. As I have been travelling ffom the UK and up for 24 hours I was not impressed at all. However I was moved in the morning to an excellent room and not charged for the first night which cheered me up. There was no hassle with this as the management were very easy to deal with.

The rest of the stay was very pleasant; the staff are helpful, friendly and polite.

Breakfast is somewhat basic but is included in the rate so totally acceptable; WiFi is also included in the room rate.

There is no bar but there is a small in-house shop where you can buy from a limited stock of beers, wines, soft drinks, snacks, microwave meals and toiletries.

Location is excellent if you like shopping as it is at the head of St Johns town center which was a good place to browse in free time - great restaurants too.

Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Go for a larger suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for selecting to stay with us at the Homewood Suites St John's Towncenter. We are located in the middle of 300 + restaurants and retail shops all within walking distance of our hotels. We do offer comlimentary breakfast daily and an evening social with complimenatry beer and wine Monday through Thursday. I am very glad we were able to make your stay enjoyable we have a great staff that prides themselves on outstanding customer service. We look forward to your returned visits. Please reach out to me directly the next time your coming to Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations!
Cocoa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel has the worst customer service that I have ever experienced. I have been staying in Homewood Suites all over the country on business and the sales staff here is the worst. First of all, I wanted a corporate rate due to the fact that I travel so much; however, the sales lady quoted me a price of $119 per night, which is higher than the advertised price. When I called her on this she suddenly dropped the price to $99 a night. When I told her of my military status and that I could get a price of $80.00 per night, but I was looking for a corporate rate, she basically told me to take it or leave it. I left it and will NEVER stay in a Hilton hotel again. I will be passing the word to each and every client I speak with...don't do business with liars!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Good afternoon, I do not believe you have responded about the correct Homewood Suites, we have 3 of them in Jacksonville. Our location is in the St Johns Town Center and we currently do not have any women that work in our sales office if you would reach out to me directly so we can talk about this. Our staff works very hard at providing out standing customer service. My sales team has won many awards within the Hilton Brand, Director of Salesof the year award, 6 of the 7 years we have been open. I do look forward to hearing back from you.
Titusville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

When staying in Jacksonville, we usually stay at the Omni downtown. Unfortunately, there isn’t much to do downtown and the Jacksonville Landing is practically a ghost town so we decided to stay in an area where we knew there were plenty of restaurants and shopping and the Homewood Suites fit the bill.

Our stay at the Homewood Suites was really exceptional. The rooms are large and comfortable and have a full kitchenette. Check-in was a breeze and the staff were friendly and helpful. Ideal for a long-term stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for selecting to stay with us here at the Homewood Suites St Johns Town Center. We are in the perfect location amoung 300 shops and restaurants all within walking distance. Our rooms are large with full kitchens and we provide a complimentary full breakfast daily. Thank you again and please reach out to me directly the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations.
charlotte, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had a wonderful experience at this location. The staff were very friendly and efficient and check in was quick and hassle-free. The location for us was key as we were attending a conference in nearby Atlantic Beach and while a 15 - 20 minute drive to the conference hotel, it was easy access to state highways, interstates, etc. (and this hotel was much less expensive than the conference hotel). The other kudos for this location was that it is within a MASSIVE shopping center with restaurants for just about every palate and budget.

Complimentary breakfast was good, yet somewhat limited in selection (pre-made omelets, sausage were available) along with staples for continental breakfast.

Room was comfortable and the room was quite spacious and more importantly clean. Saw another guest with a Spaniel, so it appears that pets are allowed.

If I were to return to the area, I probably would stay here again.

Room Tip: The cost between a one-bedroom with two beds and a studio with one bed was nearly double the weekend...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for selecting to stay with us here at the Homewood Suites in the St Johns Town Center. We are located in the middle of 300 retail shops and restaurants. Only a short drive to the beaches. We do offer a full hot breakfast daily, those options do change daily, a different egg and meat option daily. We have added freshly baked items and fresh fruit along with either oatmeal or grits all daily. Our staff does work very hard at providing outstanding customer service and I use these reviews to improve our guests experiences when visiting Jacksonville. We do look forward to your many returned visits.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr.

Address: 10434 Midtown Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32246
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
#8 Business Hotel in Jacksonville
#25 Romantic Hotel in Jacksonville
#32 Family Hotel in Jacksonville
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr. 3*
Welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Center hotel, an upscale hotel situated in the newest and most talked about shopping and entertainment destination in Jacksonville. Our all-suite hotel is only a 15-minute drive away from the city's fastest growing business district and an excellent choice for extended stay business or leisure travelers. Additionally, the hotel features a Suite Start™ hot breakfast buffet every morning, and an evening Welcome Home® reception (Monday through Thursday), where you can experience genuine Homewood Suites by Hilton® Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Center hospitality! Stay with us to experience exceptional service and our trademark Hilton hospitality. Make Yourself at Home.® ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites Jacksonville - South Hotel Jacksonville
Homewood Jacksonville
Jacksonville Homewood Suites

If you own or manage Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.