“Good value, location and service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr.

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr. to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr.
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10434 Midtown Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32246   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #29 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
England
“Good value, location and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for a week on business and was pleasantly surprised after a disappointing arrival which was my only gripe.

The hotel had me in a different room to what I had booked and it was right next to a massive air-con generator which blasted away all night. As I have been travelling ffom the UK and up for 24 hours I was not impressed at all. However I was moved in the morning to an excellent room and not charged for the first night which cheered me up. There was no hassle with this as the management were very easy to deal with.

The rest of the stay was very pleasant; the staff are helpful, friendly and polite.

Breakfast is somewhat basic but is included in the rate so totally acceptable; WiFi is also included in the room rate.

There is no bar but there is a small in-house shop where you can buy from a limited stock of beers, wines, soft drinks, snacks, microwave meals and toiletries.

Location is excellent if you like shopping as it is at the head of St Johns town center which was a good place to browse in free time - great restaurants too.

Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Go for a larger suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for selecting to stay with us at the Homewood Suites St John's Towncenter. We are located in the middle of 300 + restaurants and retail shops all within walking distance of our hotels. We do offer comlimentary breakfast daily and an evening social with complimenatry beer and wine Monday through Thursday. I am very glad we were able to make your stay enjoyable we have a great staff that prides themselves on outstanding customer service. We look forward to your returned visits. Please reach out to me directly the next time your coming to Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cocoa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel has the worst customer service that I have ever experienced. I have been staying in Homewood Suites all over the country on business and the sales staff here is the worst. First of all, I wanted a corporate rate due to the fact that I travel so much; however, the sales lady quoted me a price of $119 per night, which is higher than the advertised price. When I called her on this she suddenly dropped the price to $99 a night. When I told her of my military status and that I could get a price of $80.00 per night, but I was looking for a corporate rate, she basically told me to take it or leave it. I left it and will NEVER stay in a Hilton hotel again. I will be passing the word to each and every client I speak with...don't do business with liars!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Good afternoon, I do not believe you have responded about the correct Homewood Suites, we have 3 of them in Jacksonville. Our location is in the St Johns Town Center and we currently do not have any women that work in our sales office if you would reach out to me directly so we can talk about this. Our staff works very hard at providing out standing customer service. My sales team has won many awards within the Hilton Brand, Director of Salesof the year award, 6 of the 7 years we have been open. I do look forward to hearing back from you.
Titusville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

When staying in Jacksonville, we usually stay at the Omni downtown. Unfortunately, there isn’t much to do downtown and the Jacksonville Landing is practically a ghost town so we decided to stay in an area where we knew there were plenty of restaurants and shopping and the Homewood Suites fit the bill.

Our stay at the Homewood Suites was really exceptional. The rooms are large and comfortable and have a full kitchenette. Check-in was a breeze and the staff were friendly and helpful. Ideal for a long-term stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for selecting to stay with us here at the Homewood Suites St Johns Town Center. We are in the perfect location amoung 300 shops and restaurants all within walking distance. Our rooms are large with full kitchens and we provide a complimentary full breakfast daily. Thank you again and please reach out to me directly the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations.
charlotte, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had a wonderful experience at this location. The staff were very friendly and efficient and check in was quick and hassle-free. The location for us was key as we were attending a conference in nearby Atlantic Beach and while a 15 - 20 minute drive to the conference hotel, it was easy access to state highways, interstates, etc. (and this hotel was much less expensive than the conference hotel). The other kudos for this location was that it is within a MASSIVE shopping center with restaurants for just about every palate and budget.

Complimentary breakfast was good, yet somewhat limited in selection (pre-made omelets, sausage were available) along with staples for continental breakfast.

Room was comfortable and the room was quite spacious and more importantly clean. Saw another guest with a Spaniel, so it appears that pets are allowed.

If I were to return to the area, I probably would stay here again.

Room Tip: The cost between a one-bedroom with two beds and a studio with one bed was nearly double the weekend...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for selecting to stay with us here at the Homewood Suites in the St Johns Town Center. We are located in the middle of 300 retail shops and restaurants. Only a short drive to the beaches. We do offer a full hot breakfast daily, those options do change daily, a different egg and meat option daily. We have added freshly baked items and fresh fruit along with either oatmeal or grits all daily. Our staff does work very hard at providing outstanding customer service and I use these reviews to improve our guests experiences when visiting Jacksonville. We do look forward to your many returned visits.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel has the friendliest and most helpful staff of any hotel I have ever stayed in!! EVERYONE who works there is super. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the cleanliness of our room, the helpfulness of the staff and the staff's ability to make our stay very enjoyable. We did not take advantage of the evening meals (served all evenings except weekend nights) because it is possible to walk to over a dozen great restaurants in the St. John's Town Center. Being able to bring breakfast items back to the room each morning was a great way to start the day. Any request that we had of the front desk was handled professionally, happily and promptly. Everyone loved our little dog and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling with a pet - very pet friendly. Homewood Suites South, is extremely well located in Jacksonville and being in the St. John's Town Center shopping area is a plus. We didn't want for anything! A++++ Our room was on the first floor with a great view of the lagoon-- quite special. A special shout out to: Gayle, Robin, Gary, Stephanie and Carol.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for writing a review. Yes we have a great staff and they work very hard at proving outstanding customer service. I use these surveys to improve that service. We are located in the St Johns Town Center with over 300 retail shops and restaurants. We offer complimentary full hot breakfast and dinner Monday through Thursday. we do look forward to your many returned visits.
Orlando, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I tavel to this location a great deal and stayed at this hotel twice. One trip was just for a few days and another for a few weeks.

Overall, the location is great especially if you like shopping. The restaurants are high end but reasonably priced.

The hotel looks good and always kept clean. The staff are pleasant.

The first time I stayed there I had a room on the 4th floor away from everyone. This was great except if you took the elevator, you have a long walk to the room because of how the building was constructed. If you took the stairs, humid stairways up and down 4 flights.

The second time was for a longer visit. This is what pulled the score way down for me. I don't know if they were trying to save on the electricity bill or if the hadmechanical problems, but the main areas of the hotel and elevators did not have a/c. So it was hot, humid, and smelled musky. The first room the put me in was on the 1st floor. DO NOT recommend this floor. Noisey from above and outside. Asked for a room change, but couldn't the first few days due to a large group stay. Once they did move me, I was on the 3rd floor, it was quieter, but the room smelled horrible. No chance of changing rooms cause it was fully booked. I had to buy several room fresheners. Yes i had the rooms cleaned, but would not get rid of the musky smell...think it was the plumbing lines. Speaking of getting the rooms cleaned, I normally only like to have the room cleaned 2-3 times a week. I had to ask the front desk to inform the cleaning staff to clean my room several times beause they didnt pay attention to the door magnets.

Teammate had a worse experience. Someone brought a dog inside and the next day her room was infested with fleas. The front desk called someone and they exterminated the room...with her personal belongings not protectected. She had to speak with management because od how they exterminated while she was pregnant. Then when they wer done, dead fleas remained until she asked the front desk to clean everything. She also didnt have pots or pans to cook.

For the location, you expect top motch. Recommend elsewhere for the money unless you like fire alarms being tested Saturday mornings.

Room Tip: Top floor at the far corners.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us here at the St Johns Town Center. Thank you for informing us of your past stay. I look at all reviews as a way to improve our guests experiences when visiting Jacksonville. We have a great staff that is eager to help with any needs a guest may have. We are located in the middle of the St Johns Town Center with over 300 retail shope and restaurants. Yes we are a pet friendly hotel, and all rooms are pet serviced after their departure. Please reach out to me directly the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville So I can personally make your reservations. I will make sure you get the 4th floor!!!
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for five nights for a conference nearby. I had a pleasant experience.

The location is convenient for shopping, as it is located right at the edge of a large outdoor shopping mall. No car needed to get around the shopping mall and to/from the hotel. There are a number of decent dining establishments and a ton of retail stores within walking distance of the hotel.

One thing I found particularly convenient (especially before and after a very long conference day) was the complimentary breakfast and dinner. Not sure if this was offered because of the large number of visitors for the conference, but I greatly appreciated it. Breakfast included a reasonable assortment of cereal, oatmeal, eggs, yogurt, fruit, juices, coffee, etc. Dinner varied by the night, was simple, and pretty good. Occasionally, there were freshly baked cookies. Really no complaints.

The front desk staff and cleaning staff were very friendly, always smiling, and helpful.

The room was not large, but well apportioned. The bed was very comfortable. The two TVs worked well. The small kichen had a full-sized refrigerator and was very clean. The bathroom was fine. The furnishing were a bit old and dated, but everything seemed to be in working order and pretty clean. I am also happy to report that the complimentary in-room internet access worked well (I didn't use wifi, but just plugged in the cable connection).

I didn't use them, but there was a small pool, a workout area, and a basketball court available for use. I used the business center which had a couple of computers, but I was unable to print out an airline boarding pass due to some compatibility issues (another person had the same problem with another airline).

Overall, I was happy with my stay. I thought it was a bit overpriced, though, but this may have been because of the conference.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us here at the Homewood Suites St Johns Town Center. We are located in the best location in Jacksonville with over 300 retail shops and resturants all within walking distance of the hotel. We look forward to your returned visits!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr.

Address: 10434 Midtown Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32246
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
#17 Business Hotel in Jacksonville
#19 Romantic Hotel in Jacksonville
#30 Family Hotel in Jacksonville
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr. 3*
Welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Center hotel, an upscale hotel situated in the newest and most talked about shopping and entertainment destination in Jacksonville. Our all-suite hotel is only a 15-minute drive away from the city's fastest growing business district and an excellent choice for extended stay business or leisure travelers. Additionally, the hotel features a Suite Start™ hot breakfast buffet every morning, and an evening Welcome Home® reception (Monday through Thursday), where you can experience genuine Homewood Suites by Hilton® Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Center hospitality! Stay with us to experience exceptional service and our trademark Hilton hospitality. Make Yourself at Home.® ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites Jacksonville - South Hotel Jacksonville
Homewood Jacksonville
Jacksonville Homewood Suites

If you own or manage Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.