I tavel to this location a great deal and stayed at this hotel twice. One trip was just for a few days and another for a few weeks.
Overall, the location is great especially if you like shopping. The restaurants are high end but reasonably priced.
The hotel looks good and always kept clean. The staff are pleasant.
The first time I stayed there I had a room on the 4th floor away from everyone. This was great except if you took the elevator, you have a long walk to the room because of how the building was constructed. If you took the stairs, humid stairways up and down 4 flights.
The second time was for a longer visit. This is what pulled the score way down for me. I don't know if they were trying to save on the electricity bill or if the hadmechanical problems, but the main areas of the hotel and elevators did not have a/c. So it was hot, humid, and smelled musky. The first room the put me in was on the 1st floor. DO NOT recommend this floor. Noisey from above and outside. Asked for a room change, but couldn't the first few days due to a large group stay. Once they did move me, I was on the 3rd floor, it was quieter, but the room smelled horrible. No chance of changing rooms cause it was fully booked. I had to buy several room fresheners. Yes i had the rooms cleaned, but would not get rid of the musky smell...think it was the plumbing lines. Speaking of getting the rooms cleaned, I normally only like to have the room cleaned 2-3 times a week. I had to ask the front desk to inform the cleaning staff to clean my room several times beause they didnt pay attention to the door magnets.
Teammate had a worse experience. Someone brought a dog inside and the next day her room was infested with fleas. The front desk called someone and they exterminated the room...with her personal belongings not protectected. She had to speak with management because od how they exterminated while she was pregnant. Then when they wer done, dead fleas remained until she asked the front desk to clean everything. She also didnt have pots or pans to cook.
For the location, you expect top motch. Recommend elsewhere for the money unless you like fire alarms being tested Saturday mornings.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Jacksonville - South Hotel
- Homewood Suites Jacksonville - South Hotel Jacksonville
- Homewood Suites Jacksonville
- Homewood Jacksonville
- Homewood Suites Jacksonville South
- Jacksonville Homewood
- Jacksonville Homewood Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Center hotel, an upscale hotel situated in the newest and most talked about shopping and entertainment destination in Jacksonville. Our all-suite hotel is only a 15-minute drive away from the city's fastest growing business district and an excellent choice for extended stay business or leisure travelers. Additionally, the hotel features a Suite Start™ hot breakfast buffet every morning, and an evening Welcome Home® reception (Monday through Thursday), where you can experience genuine Homewood Suites by Hilton® Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Center hospitality! Stay with us to experience exceptional service and our trademark Hilton hospitality. Make Yourself at Home.® ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.