“Solid Hampton Inn Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Florida
“Solid Hampton Inn Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We were continuing on to Tampa, so the location on the west side of Jacksonville was great. A fairly new hotel with traditional Hampton breakfast options of eggs, waffles, muffins, cereal, yogurt, etc. The front desk staff was very friendly and welcoming throughout our stay. Even though the hotel was full and had a bus load of teenagers, we happily had no noise issues over the two nights.

There are a few fast food options, gas stations, and a Wynn-Dixie very nearby, but if you're looking for casual dining chains or better dining options, you'll need to head about 10 miles toward Jacksonville. For us this was fine, but others might prefer a more central location. Overall, a good Hampton Inn for those travelers looking for a west-of-Jacksonville location.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel is very clean, the staff extremely nice, and the overall atmosphere is relaxing, safe, and CLEAN. We called ahead for early arrival, and they were very accommodating to our needs. I was even able to count this stay towards points as an HH member, though I'd let my membership lapse. Very good hotel chain! :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel with our softball team. The price was good, the check in/out was fast. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Some of the other parents took advantage of the fitness room, which they said was great! The breakfast was average! I would definitely stay at this Hampton Inn again.

Room Tip: First floor has patios
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
myralynn610, General Manager at Hampton Inn I-10 West Jacksonville, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
We loved hosting the softball team and it is great to hear that you enjoyed it as well! We are quite proud of our newly refurbished fitness center and are glad that some of the parents enjoyed using it.

Thank you very much for the kind review and we look forward to seeing you again!

West Brookfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We generally stay at Hampton Inns. So, our expectations are pretty high. This one was nice enough - just not as nice as most others. The staff was very friendly; but the hotel seemed a little on the older side compared to others we've stayed in. The walls were a bit thin. We could hear the fellow next door talking on his cell phone. And, there was just a bit of mold in the bathroom. Also as others have noted, there are only a couple of restauants nearby. Just arriving in Florida, we were looking for seafood which meant getting back on I-10 for a (short) drive. Not what I was hoping for after 12 hours on the road. No major problems. Just a little less than we hoped for. We'd stay here again if it fits our route in or out of Florida.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We want to do whatever it takes to make our guest feel comfortable and relaxed during their stay and your feedback will help us to ensure this. We're very receptive to guest suggestions about amenity updates and refresh options. We're reviewing your comments with our staff to make any feasible changes to our offerings and neutralize surrounding noise disturbances. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again soon. We'd love to hear what you think about our changes.

Kind regards,
Bowling Green, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed there with my 20 year old son for the MLK holiday weekend. The location is out of town but it was near where we needed to visit. It is not on a built up exit so not a lot around.

The complimentary continental breakfast was not great but it was by all means sufficient.

I loved that they keep fresh coffee in the lobby. It was good too. Right after we checked in they served some fresh baked cookies down there. Good Wi-fi which is always important these days.

Overall a very nice hotel for a reasonable rate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciate you taking the time to write a review. If your travels bring you back to Jacksonville, we would love to see you again and will have fresh cookies and hot coffee waiting just for you!

Safe Travels!

Coppell, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Although I can't figure out why their elliptical machine doesn't light up after connection to the socket I have to admit that the fitness room itself is spacious with high-quality dumbells for lifting. I didn't check whether the two treadmills are worth using but I did notice that they were lit up and "on". There is also a recumbent bike which I've yet to test. Breakfast room is normal with the usual assortment of cereal, blueberry muffs and toxic eggs. Somehow I became stuck in a smoking room on the third floor and I'm trying to sort this one out although it seems to be a Hilton reservation issue and probably not the fault of this Hampton location. I reserved online where my profile and stay history should have clued Hilton in and prohibited me from being kept in a smoking room. Ample parking; seemingly safe area. I've never stayed here in the summer months, but I'm wondering whether the stagnant water in the retention pond out back of the hotel supports the local mosquito population in the warmer months of the year. I won't be around to check it out fortunately. There doesn't seem to be a convenient running path anywhere near this hotel but the hotel is situated walking distance from a few restaurants such as Perard's, Chubby's Wings, Wok King, Wendy's, etc. This seems to be an average Hampton Inn, or maybe almost average. Depends on whether I can wiggle my way out of this smoking room when the Hampton is at full occupancy this week.

Room Tip: Maybe not all rooms on 3rd floor are smoking, but if you definitely don't want a hint of smoke s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
myralynn610, General Manager at Hampton Inn I-10 West Jacksonville, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm terribly sorry to hear that we could not honor the room request you reserved and for any inconvenience. Please direct message me your room information at myra.ash@hilton.com so I can talk to you about your concerns and assist in making your stay better and ensure you are in a non-smoking room for your next visit.

Kind Regards,
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This Hampton Inn was conveniently located close to family and easy access to other parts of Jacksonville via I-10. We also stayed here at the same time last year. The rooms are large and very clean even though we had the first room off of the elevator. There were a few challenges with the bathroom on this visit such as the hair dryer going dead in the middle of drying. After another incident with the plumbing the evening desk clerk said she would take care of us because we had the problems. The hotel was also filled with the odor of smoke from a brush fire on our last night. The hotel adjusted our bill for the inconvenience without being asked. In all of my years of traveling this has never happened. I have always been a fan of the Hampton Inn brand but the outstanding customer service will,keep me returning.
Just to mention a few other things: the staff in the breakfast room was also exceptionally attentive, making certain to keep the tables clean ,the food well stocked and inquiring if we were satisfied. The evening desk clerk provided us with beverages so we could sit and relax by the pool. All in all one of the best staffs I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Hats off to everyone who makes this a very positive experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn I-10 West Jacksonville? Share your experiences!